Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

Thread: GDT 7/9: Rattlesnake Boots for SALE-

  1. #61
    Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lake Hartwell
    Posts
    4,931
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,841
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,660
    Thanked in
    1,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Duvie gonna beast in July/August. Of course that means he's gonna disappear again in Sept. Hopefully get that slump out of the way for October.
    One of the streakiest players I've ever seen. Problem for us is, so is Arcia. And Olson. Ozuna. Riley. Albies from the left. Harris. Murphy. Rosario could hit .330 with power for a couple months, then .110 for a couple.

    We're a streaky team. And since almost everybody sucked first half, that should mean we SLG .500 in the second half. Right? Right?

  2. #62
    It's OVER 5,000! Tapate50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,517
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9,354
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,791
    Thanked in
    3,960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    One of the streakiest players I've ever seen. Problem for us is, so is Arcia. And Olson. Ozuna. Riley. Albies from the left. Harris. Murphy. Rosario could hit .330 with power for a couple months, then .110 for a couple.

    We're a streaky team. And since almost everybody sucked first half, that should mean we SLG .500 in the second half. Right? Right?
    Not Justin Upton streaky, but yeah streaky like underwear after tex mex.
    Ivermectin Man

  3. #63
    Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    345
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I wonder how often 3 pitch innings happen. Seems it would be rarer than triple plays.

  4. #64
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,626
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,424
    Thanked in
    3,428 Posts
    I can't think of any other time I have seen that.. but then is it something that I would ever care to remember.
    Coppy

  5. #65
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,626
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,424
    Thanked in
    3,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    I wonder how often 3 pitch innings happen. Seems it would be rarer than triple plays.
    https://www.baseball-almanac.com/fea...h_inning.shtml

    already have Minter's on there..
    Coppy

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

    DaneHill (07-10-2024)

  7. #66
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,626
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,424
    Thanked in
    3,428 Posts
    thanks for the rabbit hole.. now I am crunching 3 pitch inning data..

    what the heck happened from 97 - 2000 there were 72 instances for those 4 years. that is 35% of all the 3 pitch innings in the history of the game.

    any surprise that Maddux had 2 of these.
    Coppy

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

    buck75 (07-10-2024), DaneHill (07-10-2024)

  9. #67
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,068
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,501
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,853
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I don't know what was going on from 1998-2000, but that 3 year span represents 30% of all 3 pitch innings in existence.

  10. #68
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,068
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,501
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,853
    Thanked in
    2,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    thanks for the rabbit hole.. now I am crunching 3 pitch inning data..

    what the heck happened from 97 - 2000 there were 72 instances for those 4 years. that is 35% of all the 3 pitch innings in the history of the game.

    any surprise that Maddux had 2 of these.
    HA! Samesies.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

    bravesfanMatt (07-10-2024)

  12. #69
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,626
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,424
    Thanked in
    3,428 Posts
    3 times in history 2 pitchers combined to throw a 3 pitch inning. I am going to walk away for a bit so I don't spend my day breaking this crap down.
    Coppy

  13. #70
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,646
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,078
    Thanked in
    6,164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I don't know what was going on from 1998-2000, but that 3 year span represents 30% of all 3 pitch innings in existence.
    Peak of the steroid era, but before Moneyball informed most people of the importance of walks and the unimportance of Ks? Perhaps lots of juiced guys who didn't understand the value of OBP trying to hit a bomb?

  14. #71
    Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    345
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    There are alot more than I expected, and there's probably even more missing pre-1990.

  15. #72
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,626
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,424
    Thanked in
    3,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    There are alot more than I expected, and there's probably even more missing pre-1990.
    you suck btw.. but to go back to your original thought, the 3 pitch inning is, by a good stretch, more rare than a triple play.

    https://www.baseball-almanac.com/fea...le_plays.shtml
    Coppy

  16. #73
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,994
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    190
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    938
    Thanked in
    677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    One of the streakiest players I've ever seen. Problem for us is, so is Arcia. And Olson. Ozuna. Riley. Albies from the left. Harris. Murphy. Rosario could hit .330 with power for a couple months, then .110 for a couple.

    We're a streaky team. And since almost everybody sucked first half, that should mean we SLG .500 in the second half. Right? Right?
    No. No chance. The absolute bottom floor for this team second half is a SLG of .590.
    Worst case.

  17. #74
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,209
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,032
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,170
    Thanked in
    5,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Looks like itís only the 12th 3 pitch 9th inning in NL history.

  18. #75
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,209
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,032
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,170
    Thanked in
    5,610 Posts


    Who is it?

  19. #76
    Steve Harvey'd
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19,626
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,424
    Thanked in
    3,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post


    Who is it?
    Arcia..



    no my real guess is Murphy.

    I should have went with my brain as I thought you were being sneaky. Now look at our DH page.
    Last edited by bravesfanMatt; 07-10-2024 at 04:08 PM.
    Coppy

  20. #77
    Boras' Client
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,280
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    296
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    765
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    I really hope Murphy is able to 4 games out of 5 whenever Travis decides to hang it up in the future.

    Murphy can't even go 3 night games in a row in a controlled environment.

  21. #78
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    39,565
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    410
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,477
    Thanked in
    3,828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    I really hope Murphy is able to 4 games out of 5 whenever Travis decides to hang it up in the future.

    Murphy can't even go 3 night games in a row in a controlled environment.
    He caught 148 games in 2022.

  22. #79
    Boras' Client
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,280
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    296
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    765
    Thanked in
    543 Posts
    Laureano to IL

    Anderson is back on the 26 man roster

  23. #80
    It's OVER 5,000! msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    39,565
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    410
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,477
    Thanked in
    3,828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    Laureano to IL

    Anderson is back on the 26 man roster
    2 weeks of not playing before he goes on IL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •