Thread: Fracking...

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Fracking...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-26-2014), The Chosen One (02-26-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    over under ------

How many posts until someone turns this into a condemnation of the rights of women to make reproductive choices?

How many posts until someone declares business' have the right to frack - Just because?

How many posts until someone characterizes Goldfly something other than, Goldfly? (because he has pretty much made mince meat of their argument and really - that is all they have left)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As to the topic this reminds me of a quote from Hurricane Sandy - something or other about peoples political principles disappearing under 10 feet of water.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-26-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    But, but... It's because it's going to devalue his property, not because it's bad for the environment or anything like that.

I've watched a couple of the documentaries about it and it's pretty sad that they are still allowed to do it.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    This really made me laugh in a sad way. Hard to believe at a level.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    over under ------

How many posts until someone turns this into a condemnation of the rights of women to make reproductive choices?

How many posts until someone declares business' have the right to frack - Just because?

How many posts until someone characterizes Goldfly something other than, Goldfly? (because he has pretty much made mince meat of their argument and really - that is all they have left)

As to the topic this reminds me of a quote from Hurricane Sandy - something or other about peoples political principles disappearing under 10 feet of water.
    You forgot the over and under that humans have nothing to do with climate change.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    You forgot the over and under that humans have nothing to do with climate change.
    That's because everyone knows its cow pfarts that cause the problem........

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pfiggy For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-26-2014), jpx7 (02-26-2014), The Chosen One (02-26-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-26-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I really wish Conservatives cared more about the environment and social equality. I just can't identify myself with any party.
    Natural Immunity Croc

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

weso1 (02-26-2014)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The fact the GOP has gone so far right on this political climate, I don't see them winning a presidential election again in my lifetime unless they change their agendas. Have to basically drop the religious right stigma.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    over under ------

To answer your questions... post number 2.
    thank you weso1!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-26-2014), Hawk (02-26-2014), Tapate50 (02-26-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    To answer your questions... post number 2.
    LOL
    Ivermectin Man

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-26-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    For those of you interested in actual facts rather than crump's typical propaganda filled memes, the lawsuit is actually in regards to a water supply company proposing to build a tall water tower that they would use to sell water to the fracking company. So it's really kind of a reach to say that the CEO wants to ban fracking near his land. The fracking itself should proceed without the lawsuit. But even if you take crump's propaganda as fact then how do you rationalize away former liberal politicians calling for more windmill farms, but refusing to let them be placed near their property? So the hypocrisy works both ways.

Unfortunately the fracking complaints from the far left are mostly propaganda, especially the documentaries and of course the websites. Some of it is fact, but a lot of the facts have become buried inside a pile of BS.

Look, it's not smart to just pick out some of the problems with fracking and decide that it should be banned or prohibitively regulated. The fact is that if you don't frack and except some of the relatively minor and rare issues (issues that are being fixed by the way) that come with it, then you have to replace it with something else. Because the demand for fuel is going to be just as high no matter if you frack or don't frack. So what are you going to do instead? Welp, coal mining aint exactly kosher either with global warming about. But nonetheless coal mining is what Europeans are relying on now since they banned fracking. Nuke plants? Nobody wants that around their house either.

Meanwhile the state of Pennsylvania has been fracking more than anyone and while the cons exist, it's pretty evident that at least in that state the pros have far outweighed the cons. So if you're going to argue against fracking, leave the emotional propaganda gotcha arguments out of it and let's argue the facts.
    thank you weso1!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-26-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    how do you rationalize away former liberal politicians calling for more windmill farms, but refusing to let them be placed near their property? So the hypocrisy works both ways.
    Wow, blame the fact everyday people are getting trash out of their kitchen water tap on windmills and former Liberal politicians.
    Oh yeah, Names please

Unfortunately the fracking complaints from the far left are mostly propaganda, especially the documentaries and of course the websites. Some of it is fact, but a lot of the facts have become buried inside a pile of BS.
    Please show math.

Look, it's not smart to just pick out some of the problems with fracking and decide that it should be banned or prohibitively regulated. The fact is that if you don't frack and except some of the relatively minor and rare issues (issues that are being fixed by the way) that come with it, then you have to replace it with something else. Because the demand for fuel is going to be just as high no matter if you frack or don't frack. So what are you going to do instead? Welp, coal mining aint exactly kosher either with global warming about. But nonetheless coal mining is what Europeans are relying on now since they banned fracking. Nuke plants? Nobody wants that around their house either.
    What alternatives are you offering to how we use fossil fuels or even our current methods of mining ?

Meanwhile the state of Pennsylvania has been fracking more than anyone and while the cons exist, it's pretty evident that at least in that state the pros have far outweighed the cons.
    Again -- show a link or give examples.
    That is plural -- examples
    I certainly hope you won't use Sturgesque sources that are debunked about as fast as they are posted.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-26-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I certainly hope you won't use Sturgesque sources that are debunked about as fast as they are posted.
    So you blindly except biased fracking documentaries and crumply memes but automatically discount sturges links from sources that don't agree with your view point? Also, aren't you the one who constantly grumps about us not educating ourselves on these issues?

Now with all that said, I do have links from the left:

link 1

link 2

link 3

I also have links from the right that do contain fact on the topic if you're ever interested in those, but I assume from your post you only want links with left wing bias?

I did find this link pretty interesting:

link

As far as solutions? I think fracking is a part of the solution. While we should continue seeking clean energy, it's not going to come over night. Fracking provides us with relatively cheap, domestically produced and clean energy. Again, it's not like the other stuff doesn't have problems. That's what people need to understand.
    thank you weso1!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (02-26-2014), BedellBrave (02-26-2014), jpx7 (02-26-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The only thing that should be assumed from my original post is this board has fallen to where every conversation regardless the topic turns into a discussion on abortion or the divine rights of the business community then quickly devolves into citing one person or another an idiot/moron or troll. As to the above post I asked for information -- which you provided. Thanks

The reference to Sturg's links - Even BJ Upton can get them out of the infield
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-26-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    one of my favorites is when weso calls me "crump"

no real problem with it, i used the login when banned from bill shanks being an idiot but it doesn't make sense to use it

25. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (02-26-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    There's just something about Crump that I like. Maybe cause it rhymes with grump?
    thank you weso1!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-26-2014)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I was always a fan of Alge Crumpler. That hit he took by Brian Dawkins was brutal.

1:40
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    There's just something about Crump that I like. Maybe cause it rhymes with grump?
    you seem rather grumpy a lot

so it would make sense for ya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    I was always a fan of Alge Crumpler. That hit he took by Brian Dawkins was brutal.

1:40

yeah, i used it cause it was 100% different than my old login so Bill and his minions wouldn't think they i was the same and that i liked Alge