ROGER FEDERER.
    Forever Fredi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (01-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Murray completed crumbled after hitting #1. He has injuries to blame, and rightfully so, but it still has a ring of that old choking Murray.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Big time win for Thiem. Djokovic looks lost.

THiem-Nadal semis incoming.

Possibly Wawrinka-Murray.
    Forever Fredi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (06-07-2017)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Nadal>>>

Hope hes able to play Wimbledon, said depends on his knees and how it feels on the grass there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Well SAV, should Djokovic have been disqualified? It looked like he knew right where he was hitting that ball to me.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Is djokovic a dick like many in tennis Says he is?

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    He absolutely wasn’t aiming at anyone. It’s a rule to stop players to stop smacking the ball around which they sometimes do. I used to play competitive tennis when I was a kid and teenager and I slammed a lot of balls into the fence.

Technically it’s a strict liability offense which I don’t like. He really didn’t hit the ball very hard either. I am as little dubious that the linesman reacted as much as she did. I know she’s a slightly older lady but I’ve been hit by a lot of tennis balls harder than that without any significant discomfort. I almost wonder if she wanted attention or to make sure the tournament referee had no choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
    He absolutely wasn’t aiming at anyone. It’s a rule to stop players to stop smacking the ball around which they sometimes do. I used to play competitive tennis when I was a kid and teenager and I slammed a lot of balls into the fence.

Technically it’s a strict liability offense which I don’t like. He really didn’t hit the ball very hard either. I am as little dubious that the linesman reacted as much as she did. I know she’s a slightly older lady but I’ve been hit by a lot of tennis balls harder than that without any significant discomfort. I almost wonder if she wanted attention or to make sure the tournament referee had no choice.
    I don't think he intended to hit the woman but he knew he was hitting the ball too hard and in the general direction of the line judge. It was too hard to catch and that's too hard to hit at somebody. He's a world class athlete and he knows exactly where every person on the court is. It's his office. He was even looking and saw the ball hit her.

He was pissed and let his social awareness drop for a second and his subconscious whacked a ball at the judge.

I'm still interested to hear SAV's take. Where are you, Coach?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I don't think he intended to hit the woman but he knew he was hitting the ball too hard and in the general direction of the line judge. It was too hard to catch and that's too hard to hit at somebody. He's a world class athlete and he knows exactly where every person on the court is. It's his office. He was even looking and saw the ball hit her.

He was pissed and let his social awareness drop for a second and his subconscious whacked a ball at the judge.

I'm still interested to hear SAV's take. Where are you, Coach?
    His subconscious didn’t whack a ball at the judge. He actually had no beef with the judge and no one has suggested that. He flicked it behind his back. At some events there wouldn’t be a linesman in that position now days. It’s just one of those rules that doesn’t leave any discretion.

As to the force behind it, some people might have caught it and most younger people would have at least deflected it with their hand which might have given discretion to say it wasn’t hit forcefully. Maybe it’s because I’m not an old lady but I couldn’t imagine going to my knees and grabbing my neck. She had an expression like she had just been beaten up. If she hadn’t acted hurt they might could have wiggled out of it. I personally suspect she embellished it for some reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    He's a piece of ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    His subconscious didn’t whack a ball at the judge. He actually had no beef with the judge and no one has suggested that. He flicked it behind his back. At some events there wouldn’t be a linesman in that position now days. It’s just one of those rules that doesn’t leave any discretion.

As to the force behind it, some people might have caught it and most younger people would have at least deflected it with their hand which might have given discretion to say it wasn’t hit forcefully. Maybe it’s because I’m not an old lady but I couldn’t imagine going to my knees and grabbing my neck. She had an expression like she had just been beaten up. If she hadn’t acted hurt they might could have wiggled out of it. I personally suspect she embellished it for some reason.
    Oh, come on. It was hit hard and nailed her directly in the throat. Have you ever punched someone in the throat? She was hit harder than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Well SAV, should Djokovic have been disqualified? It looked like he knew right where he was hitting that ball to me.
    He absolutely should've. I would've supported a suspension, too. Lower ranked players have had suspensions for far less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Oh, come on. It was hit hard and nailed her directly in the throat. Have you ever punched someone in the throat? She was hit harder than that.
    When I was younger, I played a lot of tennis including competitive tennis. I've been nailed point blank a few times, and it's not that big of a deal. Heck. I've been hit with a baseball in the neck when I was standing somewhere I shouldn't have and it wasn't that big of a deal. It looked nasty, but it wouldn't have kept me from continuing anything if I was determined to. As to being punched, there is a lot less give in a fist than a tennis ball. It was a tennis ball probably traveling 60-70. Yeah he smacked it, but he didn't really go after it. I've seen plenty of ball boys and linesmen hit with live balls (in the course of play) that were hit harder and it wasn't that big of a deal. If that was as serious as she made it look, it was unbelievably freakish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    When I was younger, I played a lot of tennis including competitive tennis. I've been nailed point blank a few times, and it's not that big of a deal. Heck. I've been hit with a baseball in the neck when I was standing somewhere I shouldn't have and it wasn't that big of a deal. It looked nasty, but it wouldn't have kept me from continuing anything if I was determined to. As to being punched, there is a lot less give in a fist than a tennis ball. It was a tennis ball probably traveling 60-70. Yeah he smacked it, but he didn't really go after it. I've seen plenty of ball boys and linesmen hit with live balls (in the course of play) that were hit harder and it wasn't that big of a deal. If that was as serious as she made it look, it was unbelievably freakish.
    I think the point is that she could've been seriously injured by a reckless action coming from an angry player who has done this sort of thing many times and even pointed out himself that he never gets in trouble for it. Those are the exact situations where there should be a suspension and definitely a default.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    He ****ed up. His intention doesn't matter. He hit someone in the throat. Someone who wasn't expecting and didn't brace. It's basically the equivalent of a sucker punch to the throat. If she wasn't expecting it it could have caused her a ton of shock. Regardless of pain. And maybe it hit her at a time where she was breathing and knocked the wind out of her.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Great job Australia.
    Natural Immunity Croc