Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Trial

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,018 Posts
    O'Mara absolutely shredded the prosecution's argument.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    It's going to be not guilty for sure.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    I do wish guns were just eliminated completely, but that's impossible at this point so we need a very creative solution.

if zimmerman didn't follow the kid and get out of the car, no one would be dead. that's what seals it for me. if he had minded his own business and wasn't a racist prick, a young kid would not have lost his life. i love how fox new a while ago tried to slander the kid saying he had been found with weed before or weed baggies. the hell does that mean, and why is it relevant? it's got damn weed.
    If if the thruth is that Martin attacked Zimmerman, then "if he wouldn't have attacked him, no one would be dead"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    If if the thruth is that Martin attacked Zimmerman, then "if he wouldn't have attacked him, no one would be dead"
    that doesn't even really matter. was martin pursuing zimmerman? was he questioning why zimmerman was where he was? or was it zimmerman that wasn't minding his own business? if he had let the kid be to begin with and let him walk down the freaking street and not bothered him he wouldn't be on trial for killing someone.

the main point here is that a kid who was walking down the street doing nothing wrong is now dead. no longer living. you can't be level-headed and defend that. this whole thing is zimmerman's fault at the core, and he needs to be punished.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    If Zimmerman did no physical harm to Martin, you can not place all the blame on him. You simply cannot. If a gun shop sells a guy and the buyer shoots someone, you don't charge the gun shop owner because "If he never sold the gun, no murder would have occured!"

Whether or not Zimmerman or Martin initiated the physical confrontation means everything in this case. If someone is following me in the mall and I beat the **** out of him, did I commit a crime?

Playing the Waiting Game Bdawg2309's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    urban twitter is going to be in uproar if zimmerman walks.
    there was an article showing tweets of people saying they would riot,loot..etc... of course, i doubt some of them would
    i think it's dumb how highly invested those people are in this case, it's just like the casey anthony case, doesn't matter if they end up being guilty or not, it's not going to change your life anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    If Zimmerman did no physical harm to Martin, you can not place all the blame on him. You simply cannot. If a gun shop sells a guy and the buyer shoots someone, you don't charge the gun shop owner because "If he never sold the gun, no murder would have occured!"

Whether or not Zimmerman or Martin initiated the physical confrontation means everything in this case. If someone is following me in the mall and I beat the **** out of him, did I commit a crime?
    That's not even close to the same circumstance. And that's the problem with the people who defend that dumbass zimmerman. they simply don't get the dynamic here.

zimmerman saw a black kid walking down the street. followed him. called the cops on him (who said DON'T DO ANYTHING and know he's a nut), got out of his car and confronted him. so even if martin did push him, or hit him first (which no one knows), being a scared black kid being followed by a(n) (obviously) racist white guy, he felt very threatened.

so who's fault was it? if zimmerman didn't pursue and stayed in his car, would this have happened? if he's set free, there's no guarantee he won't do it again, because he's clearly a nut who needs to be punished. him getting off scot-free would be a travesty.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Maybe Martin saw someone with a gun tailing him and got defensive for fear of his life.

We can play speculation all you want but the truth is that Zimmerman getting out of his car and pursuing someone directly against the recommendation (since they can't issue orders) of a dispatcher and breaking the rules in many ways of the Neighbor Hood Watch Association rules, lead to someone getting killed. You can argue the starting point of it back and forth out of semantics (if Martin didn't get Skittles and Snapple, or suspended from school, blah blah blah) but the key turning point is him pursuing someone on foot.

Imagine if you would you're someone out of town only person on the streets and someone starts tailing you in the rain. Would that not make you a little on edge? Of course knowing Gilesfan he'd be armed and would just pull his gun out.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I wouldn't confront and beat someone up for following me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    If you saw a gun on someone and they started reaching down for something what would your reaction be?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    The problem is you can't convict someone of murder for getting out of his vehicle and on a guy.

I don't know if he initiated the altercation or not, but I haven't seen any evidence that states he did. If evidence is presented that Zimm initiated the altercation, he should go to jail.
    I'm not suggesting he be convicted. I don't think he is guilty of these particular charges. Only thing that would stick would be involuntary manslaughter and I think that the "stand your ground" law would trump that because of the murkiness of the altercation. If Zimmerman was truly in fear of losing his life or property, it appears the Florida "stand your ground" is a pretty strong peg to hang his hat on.

I'm suggesting that Zimmerman is a paranoid cop wannabe who was packing heat and that is not a recipe for good things. Whether or not he initiated the altercation doesn't mean much to me. If he believed Martin was up to no good, he should have called 911 and let it go at that. Problem is, it appears (and let me stress appears) that Zimmerman was a known goofball who called 911 at every time an Escalade drove by and officials didn't take him seriously (again). In the absence of an official response, Zimmerman inserted himself into the action and we all know the result. Tragic and Zimmerman will live with the results. And whatever "stand your ground" proponents contend, this guy is hardly the poster child for those types of laws.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 07-12-2013 at 03:00 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-12-2013), zitothebrave (07-12-2013)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If you saw a gun on someone and they started reaching down for something what would your reaction be?
    There has not been any indication that this happened.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I'm not suggesting he be convicted. I don't think he is guilty of these particular charges. Only thing that would stick would be involuntary manslaughter and I think that the "stand your ground" law would trump that because of the murkiness of the altercation. If Zimmerman was truly in fear of losing his life or property, it appears the Florida "stand your ground" is a pretty strong peg to hang his hat on.

I'm suggesting that Zimmerman is a paranoid cop wannabe who was packing heat and that is not a recipe for good things. Whether or not he initiated the altercation doesn't mean much to me. If he believed Martin was up to no good, he should have called 911 and let it go at that. Problem is, it appears (and let me stress appears) that Zimmerman was a known goofball who called 911 at every time an Escalade drove by and officials didn't take him seriously (again). In the absence of an official response, Zimmerman inserted himself into the action and we all know the result. Tragic and Zimmerman will live with the results. And whatever "stand your ground" proponents contend, this guy is hardly the poster child for those types of laws.
    Certainly sounds like Zimmerman was a parnoid wannabe cop. if he followed someone, confronted them, physcially assaulted them, and only shot when he was getting beat up, then he should be convicted. But, the evidence appears to show wannabe cop followed guy. Guy didn't appreciate it and was beyond the scope of the typical response for someone following you.

Getting out of the car was wrong, but not a convictable offense. Following someone on public property, again, maybe wrong, nothing to convict. The whole point of who I think should or shouldn't be convicted of something relies on who turned this into a physical confrontation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    There has not been any indication that this happened.
    We don't know if Trayvon saw the gun or not, cause he was shot and killed. But Zimmerman's own testimony was he reached for his cellphone in his pocket sooooo

Scripps National Spelling Bee Finalist elmonthc's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg2309 View Post
    urban twitter is going to be in uproar if zimmerman walks.
    there was an article showing tweets of people saying they would riot,loot..etc... of course, i doubt some of them would
    i think it's dumb how highly invested those people are in this case, it's just like the casey anthony case, doesn't matter if they end up being guilty or not, it's not going to change your life anyways.
    White truck drivers better beware. Zimmerman is a joke.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Zito, trayvon was on top of Zimmerman when he got shot. I seriously doubt Trayvon saw the gun due to the projectile angle. Even if Trayvon had seen the gun, the dude was on top hitting Zimmerman and it proves self defense.

I actually hope people do riot and loot and I hope those dumbasses get shot for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Zito, trayvon was on top of Zimmerman when he got shot. I seriously doubt Trayvon saw the gun due to the projectile angle. Even if Trayvon had seen the gun, the dude was on top hitting Zimmerman and it proves self defense.

I actually hope people do riot and loot and I hope those dumbasses get shot for it.
    According to Zimmerman they had a verbal exchange. You should read the defendants own words.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Yes. I'm sure they had a verbal exchange. Most people do before they fight. What does that have to
    Do with a shooting?

you think Martin may had saw the gun and acted in self defense?

Scripps National Spelling Bee Finalist elmonthc's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Yes. I'm sure they had a verbal exchange. Most people do before they fight. What does that have to
    Do with a shooting?

If zimmerman wasnt trying to be a wannabe cop this wouldnt have hqppened. The kid was followed because he was black and provoked. Then he was shot because zimmerman is a *****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Do with a shooting?

Why don't you read what I said to gilesfan. I'm assuming that it's hardly out of the question that when Martin and Zimmerman were looking at eachother and Martin asked him what's his problem or whatever that he could have seen Zimmerman's piece and when Zimmerman went to his pocket for his phone that he could be construed as going for a weapon.

I'm not saying that happened, but it's easy to see how it could happen.