Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Trial

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Zimmerman Trial

I really have to admit reading what people have to say about it on facebook and other message boards is highly amusing. Pretty much 100% of the posts I've read aren't based in facts but rather in a bias slant people claim are facts. It's really sad that shoddy police work means we won't have the answer to what really happened that night. If the police treated that case as a potential murder, you would likely have known more about the details. Thankfully they didn't 100% botch it cause I'm of the opinion that Zimmerman should be in jail for being an idiot essentially. Under no circumstances should he have gotten out of his car and pursued Martin. And for me those events lead to Martin's death.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I wish black people cared as much about black on black crime as much as they do about this case

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

BoneThrower (07-12-2013), Runnin (07-12-2013), Tapate50 (07-15-2013), The Chosen One (07-12-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I wish black people cared as much about black on black crime as much as they do about this case
    I actually think they do... The problem is that the media and Al Sharpton could give two craps about it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-12-2013), BoneThrower (07-12-2013), bravesnumberone (07-12-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Would be nice, but sadly the inner city embraces the gang culture, not realizing it's just another system putting the black man down.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-12-2013), BoneThrower (07-12-2013), Runnin (07-12-2013)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Would be nice, but sadly the inner city embraces the gang culture, not realizing it's just another system putting the black man down.
    Zito nails it.

Reason why my dad moved us out of Chicago after I was two years old. Only when I was old enough to know better he then allowed me to visit Chicago alone and stay with family that is not into that culture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I worked with a few people in the bloods and sad they didn't see the gang as the problem, they only saw the cops and city government as problems. NOt realizing that gang warfare is why parts of Trenton are a ghost town, cause people with money don't want to be around that. Places that clean up the gang issues lead to better circumstances.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I really have to admit reading what people have to say about it on facebook and other message boards is highly amusing. Pretty much 100% of the posts I've read aren't based in facts but rather in a bias slant people claim are facts. It's really sad that shoddy police work means we won't have the answer to what really happened that night. If the police treated that case as a potential murder, you would likely have known more about the details. Thankfully they didn't 100% botch it cause I'm of the opinion that Zimmerman should be in jail for being an idiot essentially. Under no circumstances should he have gotten out of his car and pursued Martin. And for me those events lead to Martin's death.
    I basically agree with this. I'm a left-of-center consensus guy who has no trouble with the 2nd amendment. Own as many guns as you want. I frankly don't know why some people have turned it into something almost theological, but that's another matter. My point would be is that Zimmerman essentially "came to the nuisance" and there wouldn't have been a death if he hadn't been creeping on Martin.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Imagine what good could be done in the world if people redirected their time and energy invested in this case, and put it to use. Who cares, the guy is dead, time to move on.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwaterPark View Post
    Imagine what good could be done in the world if people redirected their time and energy invested in this case, and put it to use. Who cares, the guy is dead, time to move on.
    I agree the media circus is ridiculous and distracts from any serious discussion (if there truly is any to be had) about the factors surrounding the case. But regardless of what news station you listen to, you get a daily recap.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I basically agree with this. I'm a left-of-center consensus guy who has no trouble with the 2nd amendment. Own as many guns as you want. I frankly don't know why some people have turned it into something almost theological, but that's another matter. My point would be is that Zimmerman essentially "came to the nuisance" and there wouldn't have been a death if he hadn't been creeping on Martin.
    The problem is you can't convict someone of murder for getting out of his vehicle and on a guy.

I don't know if he initiated the altercation or not, but I haven't seen any evidence that states he did. If evidence is presented that Zimm initiated the altercation, he should go to jail.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    He should at least get manslaughter.

Murder I don't think they'll get him for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    The problem is you can't convict someone of murder for getting out of his vehicle and on a guy.

I don't know if he initiated the altercation or not, but I haven't seen any evidence that states he did. If evidence is presented that Zimm initiated the altercation, he should go to jail.
    I dont' think he should get murder (though maybe he would have with proper police) but he should get a manslaughter charge, even if it's just negligence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    The question is can it be proven that Zimmerman broke any laws. I'm not sure that has been proven.

Imagine how overcrowded jails would be if people were put in jail for being an idiot, a weirdo or an asshole.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (07-12-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    The question is can it be proven that Zimmerman broke any laws. I'm not sure that has been proven.

Imagine how overcrowded jails would be if people were put in jail for being an idiot, a weirdo or an asshole.
    I think it's a viable question, and assuming Zimmerman gets off (highly likely) I think it should let everyone re-evaluate gun laws in this country. Based on evidence (Zimmerman's injuries, etc.) I think having more strict requirements to getting a gun should be looked at. This isn't a man who knew what to do in a situation like that. Let's assume Martin is dangerous, why would you follow him? That's not the job of a citizen. Every citizen JMO should go through a police like training before they can own a firearm, certainly before they can carry a firearm in public.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Viable question? The only question. The problem is that so many got whipped up emotionally by the race baiters that they are now invested would-be vigilantes and really not that interested in whether or not Zimmerman has been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of 2nd degree murder or of manslaughter. They just want their piece of flesh.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (07-12-2013), rennygades (07-12-2013), weso1 (07-12-2013)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I think it's a viable question, and assuming Zimmerman gets off (highly likely) I think it should let everyone re-evaluate gun laws in this country. Based on evidence (Zimmerman's injuries, etc.) I think having more strict requirements to getting a gun should be looked at. This isn't a man who knew what to do in a situation like that. Let's assume Martin is dangerous, why would you follow him? That's not the job of a citizen. Every citizen JMO should go through a police like training before they can own a firearm, certainly before they can carry a firearm in public.
    Nails it again. You are on a roll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "having more strict requirements to getting a gun should be looked at"

that view seems to be held across the board.
    Is that correct?
    having said that and laid up sick the past two days I have heard nothing that tells me beyond a shadow of a doubt Zimmerman is guilty of either 2nd degree or manslaughter. No one has proven it wasn't self defense.
    All the reasons I'd like to see him hung up by his thumbs just don't fly in a court of law. He is innocent until proven guilty.
    As it should be
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-12-2013 at 11:46 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (07-12-2013), BoneThrower (07-12-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    sturg won't.

And I'm not for eliminating guns (though in my perfect society I wouldn't have them) but I think that anyone who wants one should go through training before they can have one and certainly before going in public with one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    sturg won't.

And I'm not for eliminating guns (though in my perfect society I wouldn't have them) but I think that anyone who wants one should go through training before they can have one and certainly before going in public with one.
    I do wish guns were just eliminated completely, but that's impossible at this point so we need a very creative solution.

if zimmerman didn't follow the kid and get out of the car, no one would be dead. that's what seals it for me. if he had minded his own business and wasn't a racist prick, a young kid would not have lost his life. i love how fox new a while ago tried to slander the kid saying he had been found with weed before or weed baggies. the hell does that mean, and why is it relevant? it's got damn weed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    We definitely need a national discussion about guns. Haven't had one of those in ages.