Thread: Kobe Bryant has balls......

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Kobe Bryant has balls......

Then he lost them

Could an African-American insinuate that George Zimmerman is not guilty?

Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant tested those waters in a New Yorker interview. And he quickly found out how hot the water can get.

When asked about the Miami Heat team photo (taken in 2013) wearing hoodies in solidarity with Trayvon Martin, a black teenager who was fatally shot in 2012, Bryant seemed to criticize their quick support of Martin.

“I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American. That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, we’ve progressed as a society, then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”

The reaction was swift, and mostly critical.

Black civil rights activist Najee Ali, director of Project Islamic H.O.P.E., reportedly called for a boycott of Bryant merchandise.

“Bryant comments concerning the Heat’s support of Trayvon Martin are indefensible... Bryant’s comments show his lack of compassion for the Martin family and their supporters. Americans of all races didn’t support Trayvon because he was African-American. We supported him because he was an unarmed youth who was racially profiled, stalked, confronted, and then murdered by George Zimmerman. African American youth should no longer buy Bryant’s jerseys or shoes and should boycott all products he endorses. Bryant doesn’t identify with the struggle that our African-American youth face nationally. So why should we continue to support Bryant who has never truly identified with the African American experience.”

Bryant quickly clarified his position in a tweet Thursday about the Trayvon Martin case. “Travon (sic) Martin was wronged THATS my opinion and thats what I believe the FACTS showed. The system did not work #myopinion #tweetURthoughts.”

If Bryant was unaware of the political and social turmoil that continues in the wake of the Trayvon Martin case, he knows now.

AA, why'd Kobe take it back ?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Then he lost them

Could an African-American insinuate that George Zimmerman is not guilty?

Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant tested those waters in a New Yorker interview. And he quickly found out how hot the water can get.

When asked about the Miami Heat team photo (taken in 2013) wearing hoodies in solidarity with Trayvon Martin, a black teenager who was fatally shot in 2012, Bryant seemed to criticize their quick support of Martin.

“I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American. That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, we’ve progressed as a society, then don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”

The reaction was swift, and mostly critical.

Black civil rights activist Najee Ali, director of Project Islamic H.O.P.E., reportedly called for a boycott of Bryant merchandise.

“Bryant comments concerning the Heat’s support of Trayvon Martin are indefensible... Bryant’s comments show his lack of compassion for the Martin family and their supporters. Americans of all races didn’t support Trayvon because he was African-American. We supported him because he was an unarmed youth who was racially profiled, stalked, confronted, and then murdered by George Zimmerman. African American youth should no longer buy Bryant’s jerseys or shoes and should boycott all products he endorses. Bryant doesn’t identify with the struggle that our African-American youth face nationally. So why should we continue to support Bryant who has never truly identified with the African American experience.”

Bryant quickly clarified his position in a tweet Thursday about the Trayvon Martin case. “Travon (sic) Martin was wronged THATS my opinion and thats what I believe the FACTS showed. The system did not work #myopinion #tweetURthoughts.”

If Bryant was unaware of the political and social turmoil that continues in the wake of the Trayvon Martin case, he knows now.

AA, why'd Kobe take it back ?

$$$$$$$$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Because he was bullied?