Thread: Another example of what's wrong with the Government.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Another example of what's wrong with the Government.

http://www.brewbound.com/news/brewer...grain-proposal

The continual punishment of the little guys who do things right and take responsibility to the big guys who generally don't.

Basically FDA rules will force tons of grains that are perfectly edible for livestock to go to landfills. Because small brewers don't have the means to handle the testing, handling, etc. the FDA wants.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    And another

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/31/auto...html?hpt=hp_t2

Anone can add a rear backup cam to just about any vehicle either from the dealer/manufacturer or aftermarket. Making a rule requiring them is stupid. They won't prevent stupid driving. Just drive up the cost of every car automatically

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Back up cameras aren't there to prevent 'stupid driving' just there
    to prevent 'back up deaths'. Two totally different things. A camera in the back will prevent back up deaths.

When you pay tens of thousands for a new car $140 on top of that isn't noticeably. Cars dealers Probably won't even charge for it.

And here's the kicker; if you don't want to use it, don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Back up cameras aren't there to prevent 'stupid driving' just there
    to prevent 'back up deaths'. Two totally different things. A camera in the back will prevent back up deaths.

When you pay tens of thousands for a new car $140 on top of that isn't noticeably. Cars dealers Probably won't even charge for it.

And here's the kicker; if you don't want to use it, don't.
    140 is the estimate added cost. Not what it will cost. It will cost more. And every dollar you spend is noticeable.

And you think dealers won't charge for it? That's rich. What car dealership isn't about making the most money as possible. I had a dealer fight me over 50 bucks until I was about to walk out. These guys are all about money. Sure they may make you think you won't pay for that, but only if you're paying for it somewhere else.

And it's a stupid mandatory add on. 140 bucks lets call it 150 cause no way are the manufacturers and dealers not taking a cut, in the first 2 months of the year there were about 1,000,000 new cars sold (not gonna count trucks, vans, and SUVs because they have different rules) that's up to 150 million dollars the american consumer doesn't have to spend. Of course that total is not accurate as it doesn't factor people who have backup cameras they want in their car or included with model already. But even if we assume 75% of those cars have backup cameras, that's still 38M, assuming 7% apr (which is fairly good)you're adding about another 7M in interest as well.

If the car manufacturer wants to make that a standard feature, fine, but it's a dumb government regulation.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    According to the CDC, 440 people die each year from falling out of bed. I've already wrote to my congressman saying that we need legislation requiring all new beds to come equipped with barred sides. And we should establish a govt agency (jobs!) sending agents to people's houses making sure all pre-ban beds be removed, with all mattresses placed directly on the floor. If you disagree with me, it means you hate those 440 people who die each year falling out of bed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (04-02-2014)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    According to the CDC, 440 people die each year from falling out of bed. I've already wrote to my congressman saying that we need legislation requiring all new beds to come equipped with barred sides. And we should establish a govt agency (jobs!) sending agents to people's houses making sure all pre-ban beds be removed, with all mattresses placed directly on the floor. If you disagree with me, it means you hate those 440 people who die each year falling out of bed.

makes more sense than the money we waste on homeland security and "terrorism"

barely any american dies from that