User Tag List

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 805

Thread: Around Baseball

  1. #221
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    25,761
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 9,053 Times in 5,760 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Hicks!

  2. #222
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,515
    Thanks
    4,339
    Thanked 4,304 Times in 2,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    MLB Network?
    Bad News Bears is on right now. I forgot how seriously awesome this movie is.

  3. #223
    A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,481
    Thanks
    6,273
    Thanked 9,525 Times in 5,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Brandon Hicks!
    Always liked him.

  4. #224
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,995
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jose Abreu has been great for the White Sox this season.

    10 HR's, 31 RBI's, looks just as legit as Cespedes/Puig.

  5. #225
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,995
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harper out until at least early July, had thumb surgery.

    Wow.

    SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 7m

    THIS JUST IN: Bryce Harper to undergo surgery to repair torn thumb ligament, out until early July. (via @keithlaw) pic.twitter.com/b8ouvee1OB

  6. #226
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,428
    Thanks
    1,061
    Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure why physical freaks like Heyward and Harper can't stay healthy. They seem to get nagging injuries worse than many.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  7. #227
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    13,719
    Thanks
    3,604
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Harper out until at least early July, had thumb surgery.

    Wow.

    SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 7m

    THIS JUST IN: Bryce Harper to undergo surgery to repair torn thumb ligament, out until early July. (via @keithlaw) pic.twitter.com/b8ouvee1OB
    Insane. I don't know if it's just he's made of glass or if he just plays the game too recklessly or if it's a mix but he's ALWAYS hurt. The talent has always been there, but he's hurt so much, that you don't even know how good he actually is. His career AVG, Homers, RBI and OBP is pretty mediocre for the most part so far.
    "Can a man still be brave if he is afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave." - G.R.R.M (Game of Thrones)

    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (G. Gatsby)

  8. #228
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,995
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Insane. I don't know if it's just he's made of glass or if he just plays the game too recklessly or if it's a mix but he's ALWAYS hurt. The talent has always been there, but he's hurt so much, that you don't even know how good he actually is. His career AVG, Homers, RBI and OBP is pretty mediocre for the most part so far.
    Zito said it best, Heyward and Harper are physical freaks, but both get banged up so easily.

    This injury is kinda like Heyward's rookie year, wasnt the same once he hurt his thumb sliding into 3B.

    Pedroia had a similar injury last year but had little power, pretty much sacrificed power for contact.
    Last edited by Heyward; 04-28-2014 at 05:11 PM.

  9. #229
    It's OVER 5,000! 57Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14,229
    Thanks
    1,347
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking I read the injury came from stretching a double to a triple w/ head first slide -- w/ 5-1 lead.
    Correct or no?

  10. #230
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,664
    Thanks
    3,438
    Thanked 5,507 Times in 3,383 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I read as well.

    Brandon Hicks? Call me in July.

  11. #231
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,664
    Thanks
    3,438
    Thanked 5,507 Times in 3,383 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Not sure why physical freaks like Heyward and Harper can't stay healthy. They seem to get nagging injuries worse than many.
    In the case of Harper, I'd just fine him every time he slid in head first.

    One can like or hate Pete Rose and his gambling issues, but the worst thing Rose did during his career was popularize the head-first slide.

  12. #232
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    16,995
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Thinking I read the injury came from stretching a double to a triple w/ head first slide -- w/ 5-1 lead.
    Correct or no?
    This is correct.

  13. #233
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,690
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 6,275 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Thinking I read the injury came from stretching a double to a triple w/ head first slide -- w/ 5-1 lead.
    Correct or no?
    If that's the case, then I laugh at Matt Williams. Wouldn't surprise me if his "extra" effort on that play wasn't a direct result of Williams unnecessarily pulling him.

  14. #234
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,664
    Thanks
    3,438
    Thanked 5,507 Times in 3,383 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    If that's the case, then I laugh at Matt Williams. Wouldn't surprise me if his "extra" effort on that play wasn't a direct result of Williams unnecessarily pulling him.
    Nah. Look at the replay. Wasn't a close play. Harper could have probably made it standing up or not sliding head first.

  15. #235
    Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    826
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 585 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Not sure why physical freaks like Heyward and Harper can't stay healthy. They seem to get nagging injuries worse than many.
    you can't pull fat

  16. #236
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,690
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 6,275 Times in 3,197 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Nah. Look at the replay. Wasn't a close play. Harper could have probably made it standing up or not sliding head first.
    ? Exactly.

  17. #237
    It's OVER 5,000! jsebe10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,234
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 498 Times in 395 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never cheer for an injury but I like our chances more now, especially I know we can take care of the Muts. Seems like every year the Nats starting core starts dropping like flies. First Zimmerman and now Harper. If I were Werth I'd sleep with a 4 leaf clover under my pillow.

  18. #238
    I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18,533
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 4,731 Times in 3,076 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate that this happened. For one, you never wanna see a talent like that go down. For two, the Nats will have a built-in excuse why we wipe the floor with them, when we certainly didn't need it.

    unjinx

  19. #239
    Called Up to the Major Leagues NYCBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks
    883
    Thanked 330 Times in 216 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Hate that this happened. For one, you never wanna see a talent like that go down. For two, the Nats will have a built-in excuse why we wipe the floor with them, when we certainly didn't need it.

    unjinx
    I personally don't care. After all of the bad luck we've had with injuries over the past 5 years, I will never feel bad. The only thing with your injuries is that the media never seemed to take note of them.

  20. #240
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    17,428
    Thanks
    1,061
    Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    In the case of Harper, I'd just fine him every time he slid in head first.

    One can like or hate Pete Rose and his gambling issues, but the worst thing Rose did during his career was popularize the head-first slide.
    People say the same thing about Jason. Most players slide headfirst. Seems like Heyward and Harper have the bad luck while say Trout (who I"m sure slides headfirst way more often) has been largely unscathed.
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •