Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I hope this kid's grandchildren end up going to college on Glen Beck's dime. What a prick.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    What is it they're suing him for, definition of character? Repubs, your feelings on BS Glen Beck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    What is it they're suing him for, definition of character? Repubs, your feelings on BS Glen Beck?
    I didn't know he still existed.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I wish someone famous on tv defamed me. What a great way to make a quick buck.
    thank you weso1!

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Not a Republican, but have voted for them before. My guess is he went back to drinking.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Not a Republican, but have voted for them before. My guess is he went back to drinking.
    I've voted for them too, lots of times, but Beck is beyond defending IMO. To me it would be like defending Michael Moore and Jane Fonda's love child. I think Beck makes Michael Moore seem lucid and reasonable and that wasn't meant to defend Moore. Really Glen, Obama killed those people in that plane that disappeared a couple of weeks ago? You can prove it??? Wouldn't that require planning, execution and possibly even a website that worked? My problem is with what Beck says on purpose to get attention and money. I won't make fun of him if he's drinking again, that might be something he can't help. This other crap he absolutely can help.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Beck is relevant?

News to me.

He would be the perfect person to play Nicholson's role in One Who Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest if they did a remake.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Beck is relevant?

News to me.

He would be the perfect person to play Nicholson's role in One Who Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest if they did a remake.
    Then why do so many conservatives listen to him, even if they keep him their "dirty little secret"? Why do so many of them defend him? Remember once you're in the club you can't really ever get out, unless you physically leave on your own and burn those bridges yourself. Beck has made at least $80MILLION writing books that are as batsh!t as he is, yet he's still considered one of the good guys by a LOT more folks that you think.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Then why do so many conservatives listen to him, even if they keep him their "dirty little secret"? Why do so many of them defend him? Remember once you're in the club you can't really ever get out, unless you physically leave on your own and burn those bridges yourself. Beck has made at least $80MILLION writing books that are as batsh!t as he is, yet he's still considered one of the good guys by a LOT more folks that you think.
    He is a certified loon. I am meaning tinfoil hat, aliens in my closet or brainwash me type of loon.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    He is a certified loon. I am meaning tinfoil hat, aliens in my closet or brainwash me type of loon.
    So, doesn't this pretty much prove my theory about politics and otherwise smart Americans? Once we accept someone into "our group" whatever group that is, because they say the things we want them to say and promise the things we want them to promise we pretty much don't care what else they say or what they do. Repubs are like that with Beck, Rush, Sean, etc., etc., but of course the Dems have their sacred cow flops too, though it's a little larder to nail them down these days because they tend to write for blogs, left wing websites, etc., so you don't tend to get to actually put a face with the name or the articles. They're all useless though, and they lead good Americans astray for the claim of upholding their ideology. I believe there's a special place in hell for all those aholes.

EDIT: I hear what you're saying about the loon thing, but if he was really a loon he wouldn't have been able to make $80M writing BS books, Sarah Palin was up to $15M 2 or 3 years ago, she's probably at $30M by now. They may be loons in certain senses of the word but I would say tools might be a better term. Just serving their purposes for their overlords until their useful time has past and nobody believes their crap anymore. Then they're just loose ends and we all know what happens to them.
    Last edited by Oklahomahawk; 04-01-2014 at 10:12 PM.