U.S. Priorities....

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Voting and Gun Ownership are both constitutional rights. Why is enacting voter id laws legal, but the small thought of federal background checks is blasphemy?

North Carolina has banned early voting, same day voter registration, registration groups etc.

“The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged . . . .”
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    That's why we will always find a war to be involved in… Gotta keep those defense contractors paid… They make hugh quality hammers for $267 a piece, you know

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (04-02-2014), AerchAngel (04-02-2014)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    The neocon reaction to the situation in the Ukraine is so hilarious. I'm not picking on anyone in particular here, but when Rick Perry gives a speech in which he insinuates that secession isn't such a bad idea and gets a standing ovation and then the same people who are giving him an ovation basically get all hot and bothered when Crimea secedes from the Ukraine and see it as the end of the world as we know it, it's just too rich. The parallels aren't perfect, but given the way Russia, starting with Lenin, sent out ethnic Russians to the various Soviet satellites to ensure there was at least a strong Russian minority (that became quite powerful in most instances) in all of the republics, what is happening now shouldn't be a surprise. My heart goes out to the Ukrainians and this is a very difficult situation, but the reality of the geopolitics shouldn't surprise anyone and if Crimea does want to be with Russia, who are we to step in and say otherwise. The question, of course, is the legitimacy of the referendum.

But Europe needs to get off its dead *ss (Sorry, I just find the use of the word arse to be too pretentious. I grew up two ticks north of white trash and will speak as such) if they want to save the Ukraine. The financial support will be helpful, but they better be sending arms and men as well.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    That's why we will always find a war to be involved in… Gotta keep those defense contractors paid… They make hugh quality hammers for $267 a piece, you know
    Not just keeping the defense contractors paid, they also have to keep the instability that keeps oil prices up and other things that the rich want are invested in
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Libertarians and liberals couldn't be farther apart on issues and how to handle them, but I would rather have either over another neo con administration. Spare me the 43 and 44 comparisons. 44 is ending Iraq and Afghanistan not keeping us in.
    Forever Fredi

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    My beef is more with the $1.16T than anything else...

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Another thought. I always laugh when a segment of anti-Keynesians advocate for more defense spending. Defense spending is the most common form of Keynesianism practiced by this government since WWII as witnessed by the growth of the Military Industrial Complex.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-03-2014), sturg33 (04-03-2014)