Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: GDT #8 4/9/'14 Braves(Santana) vs Mets(Wheeler) No BJ Simmons batting 2nd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    And how often does Kimbrel give up back to back hits? Also not Fredi's fault.

But either way WE WON THE GAME. 5-3 and the world is collapsing around us!
    The argument has nothing AT ALL to do with the results produced by Walden and Kimbrel. If Walden went 1-2-3, I'd still disagree with not letting Erv finish the game.
    Are some of you really this obtuse? It has nothing to do with the pen almost surrendering the lead. Nothing. At all. It's about the decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    People were upset when Julio was at 89 the other day and Fredi left him in. Even more pissed when he waa over 100.
    Julio and Ervin are not equals in this sense. It's not black and white, but it is common sense.
    Not to mention the warming up of all of our guys. It's bad bullpen management. It's been his MO since Florida. Why is it so hard for people to realize and admit it? It has nothing to do with the results of the decision.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Don't have a problem at all with taking Santana out as he hasn't stretched his arm out at all. I thing what is unnerving about Fredi is that he doesn't trust our second best relief pitcher (Walden). He even takes Walden out vs. lefties despite Walden having reverse splits due to his sick changeup. Its mind boggling.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Don't have a problem at all with taking Santana out as he hasn't stretched his arm out at all. I thing what is unnerving about Fredi is that he doesn't trust our second best relief pitcher (Walden). He even takes Walden out vs. lefties despite Walden having reverse splits due to his sick changeup. Its mind boggling.
    He is not a smart man.
    Ervin threw like 94 pitches the other day. The way he was going, 100 pitches is likely and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Warming up the whole pen after they've already pitched in a handful of games this year? Yep, something wrong with that.

I love the win and I don't mean to complain, but this is where the discussion is and it blows my mind how the dumbass decisions dude makes get defended as logical when they aren't. His BP management sucks.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Huh? 4 runs?
    Not Fredi's fault Walden didn't pitch well. Always with the strawmans.
    IS Fredi's fault he didn't let a veteran who was dealing, hadn't walked anyone all night and was only at 88 pitches finish a game. This was a TEXTBOOK time to give the back end of the pen a rest. Many things that are seemingly common sense, Fredi throws away.
    It was Erv's first start of the year.

I'm fine with not letting him go to the 9th, i agree with warming up Carp/Av, and then pitching Walden was confusing, but thats not the point.

Seems we're supposed to win every game the way some people on here act, whenever we lose it's all on FREDI!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    I'm definitely with yeezus here. Ervin was cruising and it had been a low stress ball game for him. I was shocked to see him come out. As easy as he was throwing and the command that he had, he could have thrown 110 pitches if necessary and been fine. It's the stressful innings that take the toll and Ervin was in total control.

I understand Fredi is trying to protect his pitcher early in the season, but it was unnecessary given the ease in which Santana breezed through the first 8 innings. Over management.