Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Hammer

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Perhaps in 2008-2011 (and I'm giving you a broad swath to be generous). We're still seeing exponential growth in the program, which you can't possibly try to (still) blame on the recession?
    Most of those jobs are still gone, like I've said before get the wonderful "job creators" to actually start creating them here again and we can talk, unless it's minimum wage jobs then we're back to square one. As for the Aaron quote, I think racism is still very alive and well, but it sure isn't tied to any one party any more than it's tied to any one color or one part of the country. Racism IMO is a cancer and as long as any of us give it place in our lives it will never die. Hank's comments may have been taken out of context or blown out of proportion by both parties ( the latter would be my guess). IMO Dems want to keep the racism card alive because it gets them votes and support and the Repubs want to play it down because they're scared that if they admit that it exists someone might want them to actually pay reparations or something.

I think it's perfectly possible and plausible for Repubs to be able to disagree with the president without it being racist, though some of them are undoubtedly racists. I don't know which ones are which, that's between them and God, but I can tell you it's way the eff beyond ludicrous (the adjective, not the rapper) for a Repub to try and play the sympathy card on this or any other subject. They represent America's most wealthy and pampered citizens and every damn day they're bitching nonstop about how rough they've got it. If they really want to be leaders, stand the pfark up and lead and quit whining like little girls and trash that arrogant condescending bullsh!t voice tone, it doesn't have the effect they think on anyone and it p!sses me the hell off in about 1/1000000 of a second. I know they could care less but obviously it isn't just me anymore.

Both of our political parties are so full of it they literally make me want to puke. I swear if I listened to those aholes regularly I could throw up so much I could be skinny enough to be a supermodel in about a month.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-16-2014)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Both of our political parties are so full of it they literally make me want to puke. I swear if I listened to those aholes regularly I could throw up so much I could be skinny enough to be a supermodel in about a month.
    Hear, hear.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    So what did Newt say that wasn't correct? Are more people on welfare under Obama than any other president? I don't see any racism in what Newt said.
    Btw. The black mom with five kids buying lobster is a legit stereotype because that ****s real. Go drive by a government subsidized apartment complex and count how many nice suv's you see in the parking lot. You'd be amazed at the number Than count how many people you see standing/walking around that complex during normal 9-5 work hours. Ask yourself why aren't they working ?
    Go walk into a walmart on the first and tell me that there isn't widespread abuse of the EBT system.
    There are truths to stereotypes. That's why they exist.
    So then I guess you're OK with the rich white Wall Street walking around the little old lady laying in the street too hungry and too sick to move? Or what about the rich guy eating lobster on a rooftop ritzy cafe and spitting the tail shell over the side to fall on the heads of the regular folks walking below, or maybe the rich chick eating a fancy meal and taunting the hungry child walking by the window of the restaurant?

I know that's some extreme ones but since you opened season on them I may as well get my money's worth!!! Who knows by tomorrow they may be outlawed again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    I did not know only blacks use food stamps. Good stuff KL.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Hear, hear.
    well then dude, why don't you start a movement to start holding your own party accountable for their sins? I've said for years that if the Repubs really did what they claimed they stood for there wouldn't be many Dems, the problem is they don't but the true believers on the right hand side of the aisle will only criticize Dems. You're obviously intelligent and well spoken why don't you start using those skills to make some good changes? Clean up the Repub party and then and only then can they clean up the country. So, what do you say?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I did not know only blacks use food stamps. Good stuff KL.
    For real... bout as racist as it gets

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Not really sure why it's so hard for some to just admit it was a dumb comment as quoted. It was what it was.

If his point was that racism still exists and he just misspoke then that's great... he told everyone what we already know. But his words as quoted were incredibly moronic as it painted those who oppose Obama with an absurdly broad brush.

^^This

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    So what did Newt say that wasn't correct? Are more people on welfare under Obama than any other president? I don't see any racism in what Newt said.

Btw. The black mom with five kids buying lobster is a legit stereotype because that ****s real. Go drive by a government subsidized apartment complex and count how many nice suv's you see in the parking lot. You'd be amazed at the number Than count how many people you see standing/walking around that complex during normal 9-5 work hours. Ask yourself why aren't they working ?

Go walk into a walmart on the first and tell me that there isn't widespread abuse of the EBT system.

There are truths to stereotypes. That's why they exist.
    Dude, I've seen Escalades and Yukons like no other, one is a family member but I think he is slinging. Yeah I can afford one but putting three kids through private school and college got my priorities straight. I will take my 12 year old car and run it in the ground before I take another car note.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    well then dude, why don't you start a movement to start holding your own party accountable for their sins? I've said for years that if the Repubs really did what they claimed they stood for there wouldn't be many Dems, the problem is they don't but the true believers on the right hand side of the aisle will only criticize Dems. You're obviously intelligent and well spoken why don't you start using those skills to make some good changes? Clean up the Repub party and then and only then can they clean up the country. So, what do you say?
    Clean up?

No effing way. They ain't going to give up their gravy train, no matter what. They want money and power, Dems want power and control. They both need to be eliminated so people like you and me be the new generation of the Common Sense Party.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Okie: Why do you keep trying to pigeonhole me as a conservative/Republican? Is it because I defended Sarah Palin that time? You should know, I voted for Obama in 2008 (but, full disclosure: I worked for the Romney campaign during the primaries). My undergrad/post-grad studies revolved heavily around the political sciences -- but the one thing I took away from that gargantuan waste of time (and money) was a strong distaste for blatant partisanship.

I consult for a living, and one of the things that I always emphasize to my clients is that, in most cases, it is better to blur lines than to draw them. That is to say, if you can't stand beside what you are hawking, unconditionally and beyond reproach, then you've made a fatal miscalculation. It seems obvious -- but hubris is a bitch. That's what kills me about the modern Democratic party. We're talking about a group of people (not just in Washington, but in virtually every town in this entire nation) that had a clearly defined opportunity to profoundly reshape the way we do business in this country, but quite simply ... didn't. In fact, they didn't even make a dent. You could say that they failed because they were rebuffed at every turn by the evil, racist, cronies in the Republican party (and please, that's just so weak), but the end omnipresent results are stagnation and regression. If there's one thing I hate more than partisanship, it's a refusal to take blame (and therefore, responsibility).

So I'm going to toss the grenade back at you: Why don't you accept the failures of your party? Why are you so obstinately partisan? What is your American dream?

I don't buy everything the Republican party is selling, but right now, I'll be damned if it doesn't handily beat the alternative. I'm certainly not buying the Democratic promise of 'Give us four more years and you'll see!'

Let that ****ing pendulum swing.
    Last edited by Hawk; 04-16-2014 at 10:56 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-17-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Okie: . If there's one thing I hate more than partisanship, it's a refusal to take blame (and therefore, responsibility).
    Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. This is why I absolutely despise the Democrat Party even though I voted for them a lot in the past. They have gotten worse. The Republicans are a better about admitting blame and not to deflect as much. When they know their schit stink they won't cover it up, but if the Democrat do it, they try their hardest to cover it up, shine it up and pass it along as if it is okay and stupid people fall for it.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Okie: Why do you keep trying to pigeonhole me as a conservative/Republican? Is it because I defended Sarah Palin that time? You should know, I voted for Obama in 2008 (but, full disclosure: I worked for the Romney campaign during the primaries). My undergrad/post-grad studies revolved heavily around the political sciences -- but the one thing I took away from that gargantuan waste of time (and money) was a strong distaste for blatant partisanship.

I consult for a living, and one of the things that I always emphasize to my clients is that, in most cases, it is better to blur lines than to draw them. That is to say, if you can't stand beside what you are hawking, unconditionally and beyond reproach, then you've made a fatal miscalculation. It seems obvious -- but hubris is a bitch. That's what kills me about the modern Democratic party. We're talking about a group of people (not just in Washington, but in virtually every town in this entire nation) that had a clearly defined opportunity to profoundly reshape the way we do business in this country, but quite simply ... didn't. In fact, they didn't even make a dent. You could say that they failed because they were rebuffed at every turn by the evil, racist, cronies in the Republican party (and please, that's just so weak), but the end omnipresent results are stagnation and regression. If there's one thing I hate more than partisanship, it's a refusal to take blame (and therefore, responsibility).

So I'm going to toss the grenade back at you: Why don't you accept the failures of your party? Why are you so obstinately partisan? What is your American dream?

I don't buy everything the Republican party is selling, but right now, I'll be damned if it doesn't handily beat the alternative. I'm certainly not buying the Democratic promise of 'Give us four more years and you'll see!'

Let that ****ing pendulum swing.
    Sorry dude, I thought this post was on the other thread, I'll have to go back over there and edit my edit. OK to begin, so why do I pigeonhole you as a conservative/Republican? Hmmm...Gee...Why DO I do that? Hmmm, I guess it's because pretty much every post I read of yours is pro-Right and blasting the left and everything they do or eff up trying to do. That might be it. A better question might be why do you pigeonhole me as a liberal/Dem? I addressed this in that other thread but if you really think I'm a lib ask AA, ask Steak Sauce or KL or Meta (if he ever shows up here again). I may appear liberal on certain issues because I don't bend over for the top 1% so that they can take everything else (not that there's a hell of a lot left for them to take at this point). You see, I still believe in the American dream and anybody who thinks that's still possible with the bottom 80% having a stranglehold on 90% of the wealth is just deluding themselves. The game isn't just rigged anymore, it's totally stenciled in, like Henry Clay for president in the first half of the 19th century or William Jennings Bryan for president in the latter half of the 19th century. Go ahead though and just assume the economy will straighten itself out on its own if we just give it enough time. You wouldn't be the first to do that.

Why don't I accept the failures of my party? LMAO, that's really good, considering the last party I actually considered myself a member of would be the Reagan Republicans way back then and you're right I DON'T accept their failures, they have literally sold their souls to the devil to perform fellatio on the top 1% in hopes that they will toss a few crumbs their way. Sorry if I refuse to go along with that effing travesty of justice and the American dream... Oh wait, that wasn't the party you wanted me to admit being a part of??? LOL and YOU accuse ME of pigeonholing accusing YOU into a political party based on a partial set of information.

You could of course try to refute any of the things I claimed with actual facts, I would welcome that. I realize I get a little passionate and carried away with my hatred for the cesspool that the Republican party has become so I do get a little carried away sometimes, but as I have said before and stand by, while the Dems are almost utterly useless the do serve 2 at least somewhat important purposes, #1 they piss off Republicans, usually those who refuse to see the beam in their own political eyes while they're busy trying to point out the beam in the Dem's eyes--and #2 as useless as the Dems are they at least slow down the descent into chaos and hell that the Repubs would surely take us into if and when they get back in power.

Go ahead, tell me one thing the Repubs plan on doing when they do get back in power.. They cut SNAP money and turned around and put most of it back into corporate welfare for Monstanto and another big money chemical/ag type company, they want to cut pell grants because they don't want regular people being able to go to college, it makes their degrees bought by the good money of this country (scholarships and other good old boy deals aside) they want to cut funding to PBS and the arts because they want the American people to be uneducated enough to believe their bullsh!t. Oops guys, you missed one!!!

Since you admitted voting for the Big-O (ironically something I've NEVER done by the way) let me remind you of this, remember the oil spill in the gulf a few years back, Obama made BP (which the South Park guys hilariously changed to DP in a classic episode by the way) pay up right away, one of the very few things I've actually agreed with him on?? Remember the response of Michelle Bachmann and that one little goose-stepping needle dicked Congressman from TX I believe talking about how the government actually making them pay for the mess they made some as close to Armageddon as could be done at the time? Remember that? Does that tell you where they put the value of the American people vs. Corporate Greed?? If it doesn't then nothing I can say will make any difference.

Voting for the Repubs just because they aren't the Dems is the kind of sh!t that got us into this mess. The pendulum swinging from one insane extreme to another is NOT what we need. We actually need someone who lives somewhere in the middle (where most at least fairly lucid Americans live) instead of the most insane POS's that money can and has bought.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    The Republicans are a better about admitting blame and not to deflect as much.

Yeah AA my friend and brother I saved you for last. I will not argue your point about how bad the Dems are, I will concede that point without firing a shot, but let me ask you about the part of your post that I have saved up here. Just tell me what the Repubs have admitted to? Anything they did wrong or made a mistake on?? Anything??? Just name one????? They fooked up the country for 6 years and somewhat more for 2 more years and tell me one single sin they've admitted to??? You can't....because with Faux and the talk radio Goebbels screaming hysterically ever since Obama got elected of how bad the Dems were and how great the Repubs are (which the 2nd part is an absolute fooking LIE pure and simple) they haven't admitted anything they did wrong, they've spent millions trying to convince good people that Obama only got elected because he conned the American people. He's a snake oil salesman who made them believe a lie. Does that sound like admitting anything?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

Have you heard Sarah Palin admit anything wrong? Ted Cruz????????????? What about Michelle Bachmann?????????????? She never even admitted she didn't know which fookng the Concord from "Lexington and Concord" aka the "Shot Heard Round World" was in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Yeah AA my friend and brother I saved you for last. I will not argue your point about how bad the Dems are, I will concede that point without firing a shot, but let me ask you about the part of your post that I have saved up here. Just tell me what the Repubs have admitted to? Anything they did wrong or made a mistake on?? Anything??? Just name one????? They fooked up the country for 6 years and somewhat more for 2 more years and tell me one single sin they've admitted to??? You can't....because with Faux and the talk radio Goebbels screaming hysterically ever since Obama got elected of how bad the Dems were and how great the Repubs are (which the 2nd part is an absolute fooking LIE pure and simple) they haven't admitted anything they did wrong, they've spent millions trying to convince good people that Obama only got elected because he conned the American people. He's a snake oil salesman who made them believe a lie. Does that sound like admitting anything?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

Have you heard Sarah Palin admit anything wrong? Ted Cruz????????????? What about Michelle Bachmann?????????????? She never even admitted she didn't know which fookng the Concord from "Lexington and Concord" aka the "Shot Heard Round World" was in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, take the two worst Republicans in history Palin and Bachmann and try to prove a point. They are effing stupid, literally and figuratively. Ted Cruz is a loon. But really what mistakes have they made in office outside of saying stupid things. They cannot enact anything because it would get stopped or vetoed. On the other hand we have this ACA, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, overuse of power and the spin MSNBC and others use is nauseating. Chicago politicians and my family are notoriously con artist and our prez learned from the best. He has no true credentials to lead but Americans are dumb enough to eat up the rhetoric. Ever since Bubba was in office our country have gone to schit and soon will hit rock bottome. Billary better win because if Biden or any of the Tea Partiers get in, we are screwed.

Actually thinking about it, have they found those WMD yet under Chimpy's term?

AS for the gist of your question, here in Wisconsin, don't tried to hide, you will get caught and when they do, they take the blame and resign without going before the firing squad. Put it this way, the conduct of the Republicans in this state would make Anthony Weiner look like Opie Taylor.

Oh another thing, whoever watches any news or listen to any shows that are left or right lean are STUPID. They bring nothing, either side, to the table, but lies, innuendos and deflections. They are mouth pieces and you are sheep if you do.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

Saw it on Facebook so you know it must be true (truth is I'm afraid to check to see for sure)
    Last edited by Oklahomahawk; 04-17-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Amusing. I think I've seen this before on my Illinois board before they took it down. We have some racists wackos on that board for sure.