Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember Obama Girl?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I don't agree with the Liberal mindset of creating a welfare nation though so I do believe there is a difference. The wealthy do well under both Liberal/Conservative ideologies. I feel the attention paid to the poor and willifully unemployed is unacceptable.
    Except that we have created a welfare nation, not for those at the bottom of the spectrum, but for those at the top. Corporate welfare gets into the billions every year, every wealthy person or corporation can act any way they want be as good or as criminal as they want and few if any conservatives will ever recognize their actions or point an accusing finger at them. Plenty of wealthy people are fine people, but there are also a sh!t ton of them of are the scum of this country IMO. When was the last time you heard a conservative criticize any of them for any reason at any time??? You haven't and you won't, ever, with the only possible exception being if they are discovered to have voted for the Dems. They are automatically given a pass on everything. On the other hand when was the last time you heard the Repubs have anything good to say about the poor, whether they be hard working and just can't make it in this rigged economic system or whether they be the lazy and worthless? The Repubs you see and hear on TV automatically lump all the poor into the "welfare queen" category whether they deserve it or not and they sucker otherwise good hardworking folk into voting and supporting them by letting them in on the joke, much like slaves in the old South were suckered into thinking "hey things could be worse" by the fact that they were encouraged to look down on the "poor white trash". The wealthy pull all the strings in this country, and while lots of wealthy folks are basically good folks, the skunks stink enough to make up for it. Aren't most umpires at least decent people, even though they may or may not be competent umpires?? How many Eric Greggs does it take to put a permanently radioactive cloud of stink down upon the whole profession?

It never ceases to amaze me how otherwise bright and intelligent people as many conservatives are, continually fall for the same bullsh!t propaganda and look the other way at the poor and blame those with no power in this system instead of seeing the gigantic arsed freaking Gepetto right in front of them pulling their strings. These are the people with the power, if things suck in any country which group should you logically suspect of being behind it, those with 90% of the power or those with 10% of it?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-12-2014), yeezus (04-12-2014)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    I don't know how effective he would have been. He wouldn't have all that much control to change things. It takes a lot more than one person. He would have been standard, or close to it.
    I tend to agree, although Paul had a gift when it came to simplifying some of the minutiae that modern political discourse tends to get bogged down in. Think the Clintononian 'It's the economy, stupid.'

I wish Obama had exploited his mandate to lead during his first term.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Except that we have created a welfare nation, not for those at the bottom of the spectrum, but for those at the top. Corporate welfare gets into the billions every year, every wealthy person or corporation can act any way they want be as good or as criminal as they want and few if any conservatives will ever recognize their actions or point an accusing finger at them. Plenty of wealthy people are fine people, but there are also a sh!t ton of them of are the scum of this country IMO. When was the last time you heard a conservative criticize any of them for any reason at any time??? You haven't and you won't, ever, with the only possible exception being if they are discovered to have voted for the Dems. They are automatically given a pass on everything. On the other hand when was the last time you heard the Repubs have anything good to say about the poor, whether they be hard working and just can't make it in this rigged economic system or whether they be the lazy and worthless? The Repubs you see and hear on TV automatically lump all the poor into the "welfare queen" category whether they deserve it or not and they sucker otherwise good hardworking folk into voting and supporting them by letting them in on the joke, much like slaves in the old South were suckered into thinking "hey things could be worse" by the fact that they were encouraged to look down on the "poor white trash". The wealthy pull all the strings in this country, and while lots of wealthy folks are basically good folks, the skunks stink enough to make up for it. Aren't most umpires at least decent people, even though they may or may not be competent umpires?? How many Eric Greggs does it take to put a permanently radioactive cloud of stink down upon the whole profession?

It never ceases to amaze me how otherwise bright and intelligent people as many conservatives are, continually fall for the same bullsh!t propaganda and look the other way at the poor and blame those with no power in this system instead of seeing the gigantic arsed freaking Gepetto right in front of them pulling their strings. These are the people with the power, if things suck in any country which group should you logically suspect of being behind it, those with 90% of the power or those with 10% of it?
    Thank you!!!
    It is hilarious to me how some people think the poor are the only ones getting a "welfare state." What about the rich exploiting the system for everything it's got? They've been doing it at a much larger scale than the poor for freakin' YEARS! But no, it's the poor who get all the benefits and love! Blows my mind.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-12-2014), bravesnumberone (04-12-2014)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Thank you!!!
    It is hilarious to me how some people think the poor are the only ones getting a "welfare state." What about the rich exploiting the system for everything it's got? They've been doing it at a much larger scale than the poor for freakin' YEARS! But no, it's the poor who get all the benefits and love! Blows my mind.
    It's because most conservatives (at least the ones we know) are good hard working people and they'd NEVER go for the bullsh!t their party spews at them 24/7 unless they had been programmed to believe the lie first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    How has corporate welfare stopped under Obama?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Clearly neither Okie or Yeezus live in the South. I think you both would have a greater understanding of the negative feelings toward entitlement programs if you actually saw them in full bloom.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post

Preach my brother.

They need to quit listening to the Limdicks, Hannibalize, Becks of the world, along with Faux News, MSNBC, NPR or any other national TV/Radio. They the ones I've listed are ruining this country.

They need to listen to Doyle or someone like him who don't choose sides like you or myself, or even Surg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    It hasn't.

Obama is a fraud. He likes his cake, ice cream....and the schnapps after the other two.

I am wondering who the first person going to be to understand that metaphor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Who said it has? It hasn't at all. I know that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    It hasn't.

Obama is a fraud. He likes his cake, ice cream....and the schnapps after the other two.

I am wondering who the first person going to be to understand that metaphor.
    I find him as much of a fraud as any other president or politician. It's nothing new or different.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Clearly neither Okie or Yeezus live in the South. I think you both would have a greater understanding of the negative feelings toward entitlement programs if you actually saw them in full bloom.
    I live in the south. While I agree there are abusers and I do get ultra annoyed by them, the ones who need it need it.

Find a way to maximize punishment for welfare abuse or fraud.

Of course the South has more uneducated people so naturally they're going to be on welfare without a high skilled job.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I've seen them a plenty. **And I get annoyed when people clearly exploit it.
    I live 5 minutes from Camden.
    I worked at a state-run, low-income school for years.
    It's a complex problem and tough to fix. Letting the rich gets richer ****s everyone (except the rich who are getting richer).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I find him as much of a fraud as any other president or politician. It's nothing new or different.
    He takes it to the extreme though.

He should have at least attempt to help my people quit killing each other, quit having babies and abandoned them, keep them on the path of education and not depend on the government.

He abandoned us and we gave him 96% of our vote by appeasing the Whities. It doesn't sit well with me (I am smart, didn't vote for him) nor my family. We actually talk about him today, me and my mom who did vote for him. I asked has Obama did anything for the blacks that got him elected? She said no and was highly disappointed in him. I said, I told you so. She said I was right but what could they do. I said tell him what about us, those who were proud to get the first black president in office to mean something, but yet he ignored our kind.

I wonder if she would. My dad dealt with Biden and FEMA after the tornado destroyed my town (dad was on news) and he said he was not impressed at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I've seen them a plenty. **And I get annoyed when people clearly exploit it.
    I live 5 minutes from Camden.
    I worked at a state-run, low-income school for years.
    It's a complex problem and tough to fix. Letting the rich gets richer ****s everyone (except the rich who are getting richer).
    I have a problem with rich people too, probably more so than poor people. I don't like people who exploit, even our president which he does. If people could understand my base, I don't like exploitation, I don't like people who put on screens. I don't like people who disrespect life and choices of people who have their own agendas that does not hurt another agenda, meaning, I support unions/gay marriage under civil but not religious. I don't support abortion outside of certain parameters because the fetus cannot choose to live or die, like a drunk driver killing the fetus and getting put in prison for it and the mother of fetus don't. Either one or the other you can't choose.

Our nation is slipping into anarchy because of the rich and the others. Others meaning those who morality is to punish anyone not like their own. I am liberal in the sense i want the poor who can't help themselves get help and we can't rely on donations to keep them living. I do not have any love for welchers, moochers or cons milking the system that I provide for them. I don't like oligarchies, rich people who only want more money to control people or power (oil companies). They can make gas cheaper but they won't.

I absolutely HATE HATE HATE outsourcing. I saw too many of my friends lose their jobs to this for 1/10 of a penny. This alone is killing our country and jobs and I don't care if Republicans or Conservatives rip me for it, this sucks to high heaven and that is the source of our NO JOB ISSUE.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    He takes it to the extreme though.

He should have at least attempt to help my people quit killing each other, quit having babies and abandoned them, keep them on the path of education and not depend on the government.

He abandoned us and we gave him 96% of our vote by appeasing the Whities. It doesn't sit well with me (I am smart, didn't vote for him) nor my family. We actually talk about him today, me and my mom who did vote for him. I asked has Obama did anything for the blacks that got him elected? She said no and was highly disappointed in him. I said, I told you so. She said I was right but what could they do. I said tell him what about us, those who were proud to get the first black president in office to mean something, but yet he ignored our kind.

I wonder if she would. My dad dealt with Biden and FEMA after the tornado destroyed my town (dad was on news) and he said he was not impressed at all.
    You know AA before Obama was elected and re-elected, you profoundly ripped into black americans for relying on someone to tell them what to do and guide them.

When he was elected, then you said they're all his sheep and same sentiment.

What could he do for the black community that would be ok with you?

He's done something for young minority men.

He's had a bigger impact on the black community than you and I could ever imagine. The fact he's sitting in the white house is a testament to that. When I do speaking engagements at the poor high schools here, I ask the kids who their role models are. None of them ever mention BO. I show them a picture of BO and ask if they knew who it is... all hands are raised. I explain to them, because he's President there's nothing they can't achieve. There's no excuse why they can't go and do something with their life. May not be President, but be someone people look up to and admire.

Does he have to spell it out for the black community? Does he have to say look at me. Raised by a single mother and grandparents, dad left me, I went to Harvard... helped as a community organizer, became a United States Senator, then the President of the United States, elected twice.

The parents need to explain to their kids why he is forever going to be important for better or for worse in our history books.

Sometimes role models don't need to be explained as to why they're important, it's more satisfying for a child or teenager to figure it out without their parents or elders telling them who they NEED to look up to.

Most of the teenagers I talk to in these high schools, have a changed perspective on Obama after I talk to them.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    It's the lack of parents that is often the problem.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-12-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Meh, in any highly-complex problem, there are a lot of factors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    You know AA before Obama was elected and re-elected, you profoundly ripped into black americans for relying on someone to tell them what to do and guide them.

When he was elected, then you said they're all his sheep and same sentiment.

What could he do for the black community that would be ok with you?

He's done something for young minority men.

He's had a bigger impact on the black community than you and I could ever imagine. The fact he's sitting in the white house is a testament to that. When I do speaking engagements at the poor high schools here, I ask the kids who their role models are. None of them ever mention BO. I show them a picture of BO and ask if they knew who it is... all hands are raised. I explain to them, because he's President there's nothing they can't achieve. There's no excuse why they can't go and do something with their life. May not be President, but be someone people look up to and admire.

Does he have to spell it out for the black community? Does he have to say look at me. Raised by a single mother and grandparents, dad left me, I went to Harvard... helped as a community organizer, became a United States Senator, then the President of the United States, elected twice.

The parents need to explain to their kids why he is forever going to be important for better or for worse in our history books.

Sometimes role models don't need to be explained as to why they're important, it's more satisfying for a child or teenager to figure it out without their parents or elders telling them who they NEED to look up to.

Most of the teenagers I talk to in these high schools, have a changed perspective on Obama after I talk to them.
    Oh I agree, just being elected means a lot.

BUT

He has the power to do more than any white president could ever do. He could say tell the NAACP to quit exploiting and not chastise the Roland Martin's or the Bill Cosby's of the world. Allow them to talk to our youth and tell them what they need to do in the world. But yet he doesn't ask them to. Those two would love for the president to annoint them. The president cares only about whites, not blacks, rich, but not poor. On the front he seems to look out for those but in a sense, he is just like Bush and other Republicans, power and money.

I wonder if you support Ben Carson. I know a lot of blacks are. He is the anti-Obama and he would gladly support our people and do what is right to quit the violence, the baby making and make them proud to actually try and get a job.

I talk to my mom today. Two of my cousins kids sons left their school because of the wrong crowd, they had Division 1 scholarships. I am so dejected now because of devotion to my family to keep my cousins straight was not enough, they are too weak to deal with this. They apologize to me. I told them don't give up. We need to fight this. I told them to tell them, living on the street is not a good thing. One of them have a girl pregnant.

I don't know what is going to happen, but I will dealing with them soon. If I can drive down there and beat the schit out of him and his son I would do it in the heartbeat if that is what I need to do.

Failure is not an option.

AS you can see, I am the patriarch of my generation. I tell them don't rely on our president or anyone else, you do it yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    HALLELUJAH!!!!!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Oh I agree, just being elected means a lot.

BUT

He has the power to do more than any white president could ever do. He could say tell the NAACP to quit exploiting and not chastise the Roland Martin's or the Bill Cosby's of the world. Allow them to talk to our youth and tell them what they need to do in the world. But yet he doesn't ask them to. Those two would love for the president to annoint them. The president cares only about whites, not blacks, rich, but not poor. On the front he seems to look out for those but in a sense, he is just like Bush and other Republicans, power and money.

I wonder if you support Ben Carson. I know a lot of blacks are. He is the anti-Obama and he would gladly support our people and do what is right to quit the violence, the baby making and make them proud to actually try and get a job.

I talk to my mom today. Two of my cousins kids sons left their school because of the wrong crowd, they had Division 1 scholarships. I am so dejected now because of devotion to my family to keep my cousins straight was not enough, they are too weak to deal with this. They apologize to me. I told them don't give up. We need to fight this. I told them to tell them, living on the street is not a good thing. One of them have a girl pregnant.

I don't know what is going to happen, but I will dealing with them soon. If I can drive down there and beat the schit out of him and his son I would do it in the heartbeat if that is what I need to do.

Failure is not an option.

AS you can see, I am the patriarch of my generation. I tell them don't rely on our president or anyone else, you do it yourself.
    You and I both know if he attacked the NAACP, the conservatives and right would jump ALL over him. Hard to say the President doesn't care about blacks, considering every Republican Governor has successfully blocked medicaid expansion in those states where poor blacks would benefit the most from it.

Ben Carson is a tool. He's milking his 15 minutes of fame. He realized, just like Allen West, all you have to do is be a black guy and call Obama an idiot and there will be plenty of worshippers.

If Obama showed legislative preferential treatment to blacks he'd get crucified... I mean just look at his comments about Trayvon and if he had a son. What he said was true, and yet the right JUMPED ALL OVER HIM for playing the "race card".

Reality is, Obama has done more for blacks than any President ever has. You won't feel the long term effects of how much of an influence he was until later on. He's set the groundwork for blacks to at least aspire or look forward to moving up in society.

The ones that say "Obama aint' done **** (for me)" are the ones hurting him the most. Generallly the ones that don't pay attention.
    Forever Fredi