Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Introductions Are In Order II

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    Hi my name is is Justin. I'm 29 and an entrepreneur living in Richmond VA. I actually first became a Braves fan by watching the Richmond Braves when Chipper, Javy, and Klesko were on the team. I don't post much but I've been lurking for years. I think I started over on the Scout board when I was 13 or 14 but its been so long I can't remember for sure. I've been a baseball and Braves fan my whole life and I need all the Braves info all the time. That's what originally drew me to scout and that's why I'm here now.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slippyjms For This Useful Post:

Fredi Gonzalez (04-30-2014), JohnAdcox (04-30-2014), Julio3000 (05-01-2014), NinersSBChamps (04-30-2014), The Chosen One (04-30-2014), UNCBlue012 (05-22-2014), zitothebrave (04-30-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    You pretty much just proved that I was correct. And you are wrong about the two games back thing, because I know for a fact we were 2 games back in the last week of the season after winning the first game of a 3 game series with the Phillies.
    Maybe 2 games back from the wild card (though I doubt it)

For the division

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...e-scores.shtml

We were 4 GB before winding up at 5 GB.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Hi class....I'm Kyle. I'm 29. I live in Mobile, AL. I work in the industrial field as an inspector. I'm married to my wife (who else would I be married to?) and we have two children with a third due in August. Haven't been a Braves fan for very long, even though I followed baseball all of my life. Really picked up watching during the run of the baby Braves roughly 10 years ago, so my memories are all of the more recent past.

Most painful memory was watching Freddie sling his helmet in the last game of the 2011 reg season after grounding out to end it against the Phils. My favorite....and this might be weird....was the Rick Ankiel splash down in SF during game 2 of the 2010 NLDS. I rode the pony around my living room at like 12am and woke up my infant son.

As I began watching, I needed a place to vent as I had no friends who were Braves fans. I was a member BamaMag (hence the S/N touchdown Alexander), a Scout.com website, and quickly found that there was a Scout.com site for Braves fans as well. I found that it was a great way to vent as well as a great place to get info on the team. My wife and our two boys...soon to be 3...try to take a trip to ATL/Buckhead every summer and generally find a way to work in the zoo, aquarium, some high end shopping, as well as a Braves game or two. I said that if the Braves ever made the playoffs again in my lifetime, I'd be there to watch. Well....they made it in 2010 and I didn't. I was keeping up with the game in church that evening when Hinske hit the HR and it was all I could do to not let loose a few "hallelujah's". I hated myself for not being there....even after they lost. So I made the promise again, and followed through last year. Got to watch an amazing performance by Kershaw and then got to watch JHey deliver and Kimbrel close it out in game 2....something I'll always remember. This used to be something I'd do to pass the time until football season. But now, I'm emotionally invested and watch most nights. I spent about a week at the Scout.com board after everyone had left trying to figure out where everyone had gone. Finally checked my inbox and made the move to chopcountry. Love the gdt forums over here and the fact that most folks can dish it and take it. My goal here is to, just once, outwit Julio3000 and I've failed to do that so far. I'm not proofreading this.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TDlxANDER For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-13-2015), Julio3000 (05-01-2014), The Chosen One (05-01-2014), UNCBlue012 (05-22-2014), zitothebrave (05-01-2014)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Twas much happier teams in this forum when this thread was created.
    Forever Fredi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-13-2015)

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Guess i'll throw my info out there as well..

I went by cjones4mvp over @ scout but that place has apparently been infested by zombies? :)

My names Robby and I turned 39 back in Feb and i'm not necessarily looking forward to the big 4-0. I hail from Huntington, WV where I work as a Central Office Technician (Engineer if you will) for Frontier Communications (formerly Verizon but they sold the whole state of WV along with 12 other states to frontier but thats another story). I got married in 2012 and we had our 1st child later that year (in October - 2 weeks after we watched chippers last game in Pittsburgh). We just gave birth to baby #2 on april 22nd (18 months to the day after our 1st child) and I lobbied long and hard to name our 2nd kid Henry Aaron as my wife wanted another baby with a "H" name (our 1st kid is Hensley). She shot down Henry Aaron..

I became a Braves fan back in the late 70s/early 80s. My T-Ball team was the braves so i took a general interest in them at the age of 5 (1980) and with them being on TBS it was easy to watch their games. My aunt attended GA Southern in the early 80s so my 1st game in hotlanta was in 1983 (if i remember correctly) vs the expos. At the time, i also had a great aunt and 3 cousins that lived in warner robbins and of course they were all huge braves fans and we shared stories throughout the years. Over the years, I've traveled to atlanta at least every other year for a weekend series (opening day, random series, etc). Since 2002, I've attended every series that the braves have played in Cincinnati and go to at least 3 of the 4 (or 2 of the 3 depending on which year and the days) games in each of those series. Two years ago I actually drove to pittsburgh to watch chippers last game and plan on making it an annual trip b/c its just a beautiful stadium and i get to watch the team we all love in the process!! A few years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with numerous Braves players while in cinci. Brian McCann lived in Huntington (where i live now) WV in his early days playing t-ball so we have mutual friends here in Huntington. That being said, i was introduced to brian during his rookie season when he was in Huntington over thanksgiving that season. Eventually my brother and I got to sit with mccann, chipper, andruw, renteria, langerhans, prado, diaz (cool guy), hampton, and a few others in a hotel restaurant there in cinci. Each year after that amazing evening I tried to meet up w/ the team but they changed hotels and started staying at the Westin and it just never happened. McCann still recognized me that following 2 yeasr and actually came over and asked how I had been doing.. Really cool guy and i hate that he went to the evil empire..

anyway, thats me in a nutshell

GO BRAVES!!
    Last edited by cjones4hof; 05-22-2014 at 01:49 AM.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cjones4hof For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (05-22-2014), NinersSBChamps (05-22-2014), TDlxANDER (05-22-2014), The Chosen One (05-22-2014), TURBO (05-22-2014), UNCBlue012 (05-22-2014), zitothebrave (05-22-2014)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Since someone asked about this. Found it. Bumping for newer members.
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (12-12-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    I'm striker42, aka Sam. Striker for the soccer position I played, 42 for the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Started posting on Braves message boards when I was 18 or 19. Thought I knew everything and was very annoying. I've mellowed over the years. I'm 30 now and married.

When I started posting I was a freshman at Georgia State in Atlanta. Graduated, went to law school there, and am now an attorney in the Atlanta area. I enjoy arguing.

Grew up a Braves fan. I was 7 when Sid slid and lived about 35 minutes from the stadium. I go to a handful of games a year. Might see more when they move to Cobb.

I got out of the habit of posting as much the last couple years. Trying to get back into it as I enjoy the debate.

Best moment- Sid's slide. Best moments in person, Frenchy and Heyward's first HRs.

Worst Moment- Game 7 in 91. Worst in person, losing Cox's final game.

I'm still both proud and saddened about being right about Estrada and Lowe neither being good. Got into a lot of debates over those two.

Hot Nudism survivor. Eskimo Spitz owner. Reader of DC's Sandman comics (see avatar).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (12-12-2015), The Chosen One (12-12-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    My name is Bryan. Born from Kenosha,WI, currently live in Flowery Branch, Ga, not far from the Falcons training camp. I just turned 27 years old in October of this year. Spent most of my life in Georgia and grew up a Braves fan. I can vaguely remember going to a game a old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium as a kid with my Teenage Mouton Ninja Turtles glove on, then falling asleep sometime early in the game and waking up at home...I was disappointed! Also, went to the last regular season game in Atlanta Fulton County Stadium so I have that under my belt.

A few notable games I have been to

Last game at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium
    2005 postseason clincher
    John Smoltz's 3k strikeout game
    1st game Strasburg pitched in Atlanta.
    Walk off homer by A.Jones
    Chippers last regular season game

Not Braves related, but also was visiting family in Kenosha and went to the game where Zambrano threw a no hitter against the Astros in the "neutral" site game that was supposed to be a home game for the Astros.

I worked for the Gwinnett Braves as the visiting clubhouse manager from 09-12, and got the chance to know a lot of the guys on the braves side that unfortunately are mostly all gone. but I loved the job because I can still turn on the t.v. and see guys all over the league that I have come into contact with and have stories I could tell!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (12-12-2015), The Chosen One (12-12-2015)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Hello,
    Longtime lurker. 28 years old, currently residing in Graniteville, SC and work in Augusta. Originally from Gastonia, NC. Always been a Braves fan as you can imagine, since most of my life they've been good. Games were on every night at my grandparents house on tbs. Kept up with the team until around 2008, when I would watch every night I could.

Favorite at the park memory was a Memorial Day game on Sunday night baseball against the Reds. Prado hit a home run and threw a guy out at home plate. JJ was pitching and pitched a gem. Park was electric that night. That's when I became hardcore about the Braves.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluedevilruss For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (12-12-2015)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    My name is Anthony. I'm 37. I've been a Braves fan since 86. I played baseball, but was the typical all glove no bat infielder and pitcher who had more love for the game than talent as a kid.

I've worked in consulting for small marketing businesses over the years. I love a good reorganization. So I've followed the team more closely since the rebuild. I love this stuff!

My username of Chico came from my fantasy baseball teams being called Chico's Bail Bonds from the Bad News Bears.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chico For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-12-2015), Julio3000 (12-12-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Dude. This is awesome! I didn't realize there were so many new and lurking members. I'll be one of the first to say welcome, guys.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

bravesfanforlife88 (12-12-2015)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Dude. This is awesome! I didn't realize there were so many new and lurking members. I'll be one of the first to say welcome, guys.
    Yeah, I second that.

I always enjoy hearing the stories behind peoples' usernames. I often find that I'm misreading them or have made up some completely different story for why they are what they are.

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    I’m John Adcox (my screen name is about as effective as Clark Kent’s glasses at disguising my identity). I am in the over 50 club, and have been posting and mostly lurking since the Usenet/Bravesbeat days. I’m a long-time fan: I still have my certificate showing that I was there when Hank hit 755.

I am a knight (really), author (first novel coming next year, and first screenplay going into production next September), and CEO (my company, http://gramaryemedia.com, is presently one of 8 out of 30,000 applicants participating in Georgia Tech’s Flashpoint program). For one year, I was the first (and for a long while only) male student at Agnes Scott College.

Ray Bradbury bought me my first ever Guinness, and I am in one of his books, a fact I try to work into conversation as often as possible. I have written a play, taught college astronomy, and hosted a radio show. I have been to Cape Kennedy for an Apollo launch (17) and to the Oval Office. I once met, drank with, and got a book signed by the most famous author any of you have ever heard of. (Guesses?)

I am very happily married and I have an awesome dog named Gawain. That’s all I can think of to say.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (12-12-2015), Runnin (12-13-2015), The Chosen One (12-12-2015)

High School Draftee BravesfanMike's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    My name is Mike ( I was bobbaganeusch on Scout ) I live about 2 miles from the Meadowlands Sports Complex in northern Jersey. A member of the 50 + club. I lurk more than post but check in daily and enjoy reading the site.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BravesfanMike For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-12-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    My name is David. Occasional lurker on the Scout site, then decided to take the plunge posting after discovering this place. Life-long resident of central Ohio. My Grandma was the only baseball fan in the family, and she liked to watch Skip Caray on TBS . . . so that's what sealed my fate. Married with two little boys, so I have to resort to watching games on my phone while giving baths, playing Legos, etc. Braves baseball (and baseball in general) has always been my principal hobby, but also into politics, music, and college football (you can imagine which team). I work in an IT-related field, currently for a Fortune 500 retail company. Have only made it down to Turner Field a couple times, but usually catch the Braves when they come to PNC or GABP. A lot of great opinions and funny dudes on the board, so have enjoyed reading and contributing.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dak For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-12-2015), Julio3000 (12-12-2015), The Chosen One (12-12-2015)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buck7580 View Post
    Call me Buck. Live in Tennessee. Will be 60 soon. Totally blessed. Been a Braves fan since 1966 when they moved to ATL. Can't compete with Rico but I try to keep up with the Braves minor league prospects. Peace.
    I had a technical problem a while back and ended up switching to buck75 (bet it was an operator error!!). I am 61 and started pulling for the Braves in 1966. My baseball wisdom is worth about $1.75. Grew up in Mississippi.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    I have enjoyed reading these bios and it wouldn't be fair for me not to participate. I think these sort of things are great to promote community within our nerd-dom.

My name is Jordan. I live in San Jose, CA via southern Utah. I have lived in Long Island and Philadelphia, as well two years in the Netherlands and Belgium where I served a Mormon mission - I can still speak fluent Dutch. I graduated from Southern Utah University with a dual major in Economics and Mathematics. I now work as a transfer pricing consultant with Ernst & Young, but I want to go back to school sooner than later to get a degree in operations research. I have always been a stat-head at heart.

I joined the board back in 2004 when I was 15 and I have been a frequent poster for most of that time. I stopped posting almost entirely from 2009 to 2014, but I was eventually coerced to come back from some of the regular BBQ posters from the Scout board. I fully admit that posting on these parts is a waste of time, but I enjoy it and I love reading everyone's opinions and I love arguing. For the most part, if I actively disagree with you that means I respect your opinion because I otherwise wouldn't engage you. This board has always had excellent dialogue.

I'm currently engaged to be married at the end of this month to a girl who hates baseball, so I guess I have the rest of my life to convince her - otherwise she's gone. Aside from baseball, I love cycling, tennis, math, Jazz basketball, and a Song of Ice and Fire.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-13-2015), The Chosen One (12-13-2015)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The Stormin' Mormon.
    Forever Fredi

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (12-15-2015), JohnAdcox (12-13-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    The Stormin' Mormon.
    I believe my nickname around these parts is "arbitration eligible"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I have enjoyed reading these bios and it wouldn't be fair for me not to participate. I think these sort of things are great to promote community within our nerd-dom.

My name is Jordan. I live in San Jose, CA via southern Utah. I have lived in Long Island and Philadelphia, as well two years in the Netherlands and Belgium where I served a Mormon mission - I can still speak fluent Dutch. I graduated from Southern Utah University with a dual major in Economics and Mathematics. I now work as a transfer pricing consultant with Ernst & Young, but I want to go back to school sooner than later to get a degree in operations research. I have always been a stat-head at heart.

I joined the board back in 2004 when I was 15 and I have been a frequent poster for most of that time. I stopped posting almost entirely from 2009 to 2014, but I was eventually coerced to come back from some of the regular BBQ posters from the Scout board. I fully admit that posting on these parts is a waste of time, but I enjoy it and I love reading everyone's opinions and I love arguing. For the most part, if I actively disagree with you that means I respect your opinion because I otherwise wouldn't engage you. This board has always had excellent dialogue.

I'm currently engaged to be married at the end of this month to a girl who hates baseball, so I guess I have the rest of my life to convince her - otherwise she's gone. Aside from baseball, I love cycling, tennis, math, Jazz basketball, and a Song of Ice and Fire.
    Waar in Nederland heb je gewoond?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Prikichi For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (12-15-2015)