Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Another great in-person memory is sitting along the right field line when Hinske went deep against the Giants in the playoffs in 2010.

We went on to lose the next inning, thanks to a ****ty ump and micro-management of the bullpen, but that moment was amazing. Never heard Turner Field so loud.
    http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/0/v1280...game_pk=286330
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    After 5 years of not being in the playoffs... that Hinske moment gave me hope that the baseball gods had finally given us some luck for a change. Only for them to call my bluff and ruin it the next inning.
    Forever Fredi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-26-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    ok now when is the noodz thread?
    GIlesfan is eagerly awaiting your contribution.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    GIlesfan is eagerly awaiting your contribution.
    he's already got'em

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    So updated:

50PoundHead
    Depley
    PawPaw
    Rico
    mfree80
    BravesfanMike
    buck7580
    and GC Braves is knocking the door at 54. Impressive, that you are all computer literate.
    my first computer was the ORIGINAL IBM PC. Yes an 8086 cpu, with a whopping 64K max on the MB and came with dual 180 floppy drives. Oh and I still have the copy of DOS 1.1 in my storage room.

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I'm 31, born and raised in alabama, went to college in atlanta. braves fan since i was 8 (conveniently 1991). was on the scout board since 2004, mainly lurking. was lwj10jr on the old board until bill banned me for posting about people kissing his ass so much. I then came back as fotbsbsiah (first on the braves show-bill shanks is a homo). decided to go back to my old handle on the new board. screw shanks

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lwj10jr For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (04-26-2014), Julio3000 (04-24-2014), mossy (04-26-2014), The Chosen One (04-23-2014), TURBO (04-24-2014), yeezus (04-23-2014), zitothebrave (04-24-2014)

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    After 5 years of not being in the playoffs... that Hinske moment gave me hope that the baseball gods had finally given us some luck for a change. Only for them to call my bluff and ruin it the next inning.
    Was at that game and it hurt.

But listen to us... "after 5 years of not making the playoffs" Spoiled

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depley View Post
    my first computer was the ORIGINAL IBM PC. Yes an 8086 cpu, with a whopping 64K max on the MB and came with dual 180 floppy drives. Oh and I still have the copy of DOS 1.1 in my storage room.
    I can't even process that right now. I remember when our first real family desktop (98 Compaq Presario) only had 512 mb storage space. I then remember the transition from floppy disks, to usb drives and trying to comprehend that thousands of floppy disks could fit into a usb drive. The original USB drives were only 1gb, 2gb. Then SD and MicroSD cards came out... and now I saw a 128gb MicroXD card. It's insane.
    Forever Fredi

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    So far the over 55 Club here is:

50Poundhead
    Depley
    PawPaw
    rico
    So, if we sign up for Premium Content, do we get an AARP discount. I miss the endless babble but my Social Security hasnt gone up in years. And thee ACA is breaking me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PawPawMaxwell For This Useful Post:

gcbraves (04-24-2014)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    So, if we sign up for Premium Content, do we get an AARP discount. I miss the endless babble but my Social Security hasnt gone up in years. And thee ACA is breaking me.
    You're eligible for a free premium subscription here... I'll just have to subsidize it via the younger users here and raise their monthly rate.
    Forever Fredi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (04-24-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,999 Posts
    I'll go ahead and give an intro then!

My name is Dallas, I'm 21 and I'll be graduating from UNC-Charlotte with a degree in Communications/Journalism in about three weeks! I've been a die-hard Braves fan for probably 15 years now. Living in North Carolina makes it a little bit hard to try and get to a lot of Braves games, but I try my best to make a game or two every year. I'm actually going to the game Saturday against the Reds! So, let's hope David Hale throws an absolute gem and we pick up a good win there.

If you couldn't tell already, I'm a pretty religious guy. Between that, school, baseball and various other passions, I'm a relatively busy guy. But, it's always really nice to stop by Chopcountry and see what all is going down with you fine people and the Bravos!

Again, thank you all for the welcoming invite. I haven't been by Huzzah for more than a couple posts the last few days, it's been really nice coming over here.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

CJC (04-24-2014), GovClintonTyree (04-26-2014), Heyward (04-26-2014), Julio3000 (04-25-2014), mossy (04-26-2014), NinersSBChamps (04-24-2014), zitothebrave (04-24-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I can't even process that right now. I remember when our first real family desktop (98 Compaq Presario) only had 512 mb storage space. I then remember the transition from floppy disks, to usb drives and trying to comprehend that thousands of floppy disks could fit into a usb drive. The original USB drives were only 1gb, 2gb. Then SD and MicroSD cards came out... and now I saw a 128gb MicroXD card. It's insane.
    Wait so you didn't transition from Floppy to CD?

I've used a computer with every version of window from windows 3.1 and on. I remember DOS all to fondly.

Also thumb drives didn't debut with 1 GB etc. They debuted with 8 MB IIRC. Still the amazement you're talking about but it wasn't that drastic of a leap. Heck I still have somewhere kicking around the "top of the line" for consumers 512 MB thumb drive I want to say in 03 or 04. It was IIRC my sophomore year of high school. Of course in no time it was up into the gigs and I think like 2-3 years later you could get a 4 gig model. Moore's law always proves true.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    I wasn't a fan of CD-RW's, because the success rate wasn't great on my burner/PC.

I only used floppy for school assignments obviously. The next year I was using thumb drives.

We only started at Windows 95... and I remember the glorious days of AOL 4.0. What a time to be new to the internet. AOL was the all-in-one browser, messenger, e-mail client. I used to love hearing the "Welcome!... You've Got Mail" sound. Once we got Comcast Broadband though we never looked back.
    Forever Fredi

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm Kyle, 23 years old and from Durham, NC. I've been a Braves fan since the 1996 World Series because I was an annoying 6 year old who wanted to cheer against the Yankees since the rest of my family was cheering for them. Unfortunately that leaves me with no 1995 World Series memories, but I have been looking forward to winning a World Series ever since 1996. I have had an irrationally large love for Furcal, McCann, and most strangely Ryan Langerhans throughout the years, but haven't had a whole lot of Braves I have ever disliked save for Garrett Anderson and Danny Kolb. I try to make it to Atlanta for a game or two a season, and I am successful most years. I have a lifelong goal of visiting every park in the majors, and I am a little over halfway there with 18 thus far.

I graduated from Duke last spring after working with the basketball program as a manager for four years. Also a huge fan of the Carolina Panthers and have held season tickets to the Carolina Hurricanes for a few years now after attending game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals in 2006.

I originally started visiting the Braves scout site because I visited the Duke scout site as a kid. I spent a few years lurking and paying for premium access that wasn't really worth much. Posted about 1,000 times under the name rollins55 before changing over to this name. Spent awhile frustrated by the lack of conversation over there and eventually stumbled upon this place- I can't really remember how- and was fired up to see how many familiar names were over here. Looking forward to continuing to watch this board grow and to being some small part of it even if I am usually more of a lurker than a poster.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mumma77 For This Useful Post:

CJC (04-24-2014), GovClintonTyree (04-26-2014), Julio3000 (04-25-2014), mossy (04-26-2014), rico43 (04-25-2014), The Chosen One (04-24-2014), TURBO (04-24-2014), zitothebrave (04-25-2014)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    I remember you rollins55.

I had a huge irrational crush on Langerhans too. I thought his defense was good, had a decent throwing arm, and his hitting was solid. Disappointed he never panned out but I did like watching him play when he didn't strike out.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Keith has an NSA type file on all of us.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (04-24-2014)

Danville Rookie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I've been on the Braves forums from before the old Sports-Boards day (back in the early 2000s). I am currently living in Houston but maintain offices in both Atlanta and Houston. Some of you on the old SB forums probably remember my posts because I would (and still occasionally do) converse with JS, Dayton Moore, etc. I still do business with the Braves in some capacity, so I try to limit my posts here for that reason-- but it's still fun to poke my head in from time to time.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramadon101 For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (04-26-2014), zitothebrave (04-25-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Wish you would post some more but I understand why ramadon.
    Natural Immunity Croc

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Was there in person - still have the picture of Hinske making contact as my screensaver on my phone from time to time...it's a little blurry, but everyone I've ever met that watched the game knows it the moment they see it and makes me explain what it was like for an hour.

Chris - 45 - Marion, NC (near Asheville) - clvclv both places - not as much a "regular" here as I used to be during the Scout glory days for no reason other than time constraints...too many things going on these days - real estate appraiser, former golf professional in Myrtle Beach and Kiawah Island among other places.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (04-26-2014), Julio3000 (04-25-2014), zitothebrave (04-25-2014)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,764 Posts
    So can you tell us what was it like from your vantage point and the eruption?
    Forever Fredi