California will continue to see this under Democratic rule

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts

"Perry, who made two visits to California to lure employers to his state, said Texas offered Toyota $40 million in incentives from the taxpayer-funded Texas Enterprise Fund. The Republican governor said Toyota is expected to invest $300 million in the new headquarters."
    Forever Fredi

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post

"Perry, who made two visits to California to lure employers to his state, said Texas offered Toyota $40 million in incentives from the taxpayer-funded Texas Enterprise Fund. The Republican governor said Toyota is expected to invest $300 million in the new headquarters."
    Nothing wrong with that. The employees will get a 10 percent raise with no taxes incurred. As a job seeker it is good. California is going to lose a lot of business and fast. They are at the top of highest taxes in a lot of things in the continental US for a long time and companies are finding it better to leave that god forsaken state.

California can't afford incentives. Texans make more with less taxes than California. My company in Iowa after Mexico send their stuff to Texas as when we had facilities in California and dealing with the union, they packed bags and sent more to Texas. Cheaper to deal with them with same pay as the Californians. Hell if I didn't marry my wife, I could make 140k a year in Texas now with my position with the company. She is thinking if she gets pregnant, she might want to move there and get a bigger house with 3 kids. She has no problems starting a business with her CPA and my old company want me back badly and offered six figures salary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    This is interesting, California tax business kills companies.

besides, California’s business climate is becoming an even bigger downer. California has become infamous with business executives and owners there not only for high tax rates and complex taxing schemes but also for overzealous regulations and regulators that have managed to stifle the entrepreneurial energy of thousands of companies.

it has gotten so bad that Hollywood movies are being produced outside the state because of taxes and regulations.

I guess when you are the most populous state with the most illegals and most unemployed and have to take care fo them you tax business and movie industry too death to pay for them and your pensions.

Good job California, no wonder you stink as a state but have the good weather that even old folk avoid because of your climate.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. The employees will get a 10 percent raise with no taxes incurred. As a job seeker it is good. California is going to lose a lot of business and fast. They are at the top of highest taxes in a lot of things in the continental US for a long time and companies are finding it better to leave that god forsaken state.

California can't afford incentives. Texans make more with less taxes than California. My company in Iowa after Mexico send their stuff to Texas as when we had facilities in California and dealing with the union, they packed bags and sent more to Texas. Cheaper to deal with them with same pay as the Californians. Hell if I didn't marry my wife, I could make 140k a year in Texas now with my position with the company. She is thinking if she gets pregnant, she might want to move there and get a bigger house with 3 kids. She has no problems starting a business with her CPA and my old company want me back badly and offered six figures salary.
    I'd rather live in Southern California than anywhere in Texas.

Good for Texas. They're going to have problems in a few years though.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    This is interesting, California tax business kills companies.

besides, California’s business climate is becoming an even bigger downer. California has become infamous with business executives and owners there not only for high tax rates and complex taxing schemes but also for overzealous regulations and regulators that have managed to stifle the entrepreneurial energy of thousands of companies.

it has gotten so bad that Hollywood movies are being produced outside the state because of taxes and regulations.

I guess when you are the most populous state with the most illegals and most unemployed and have to take care fo them you tax business and movie industry too death to pay for them and your pensions.

Good job California, no wonder you stink as a state but have the good weather that even old folk avoid because of your climate.
    Silicon Valley is still as valuable as anything going on in Texas economic wise.
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    is Texas the 8th largest Economy in the world?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (04-28-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    One of my closest friends that works for Rockwell Collins. She is in her early 50's and gave me a lot of good old school CD's. She said when they moved facilities from California to Texas, she went from struggling at 100k for her job to be an elite with the same pay. Rockwell does not decrease your salary, you keep the same pay regardless where you are at unless the place is a higher cost of living like California and why they continue to try and move people from there.

She said she went from a 1400 sq ft house to a 3000 sq foot with lesser bill and lesser taxes and living it up. I do not understand why California would do this, are they like my state Illinois bilking people to pay for pensions? We know we have that problem and probably will bankrupt the state like California.

California is a beautiful state but sucks to live in. My brother lives there and hate it but he is a plant manager who makes 500k a year but he doesn't trust them enough to buy a house as this is his second time there and he got burned badly his first time after buying a house. He said the insurance buying a house is the worst he has ever seen considering mud slides and earthquakes. So he rents and don't worry. He wants to be in Texas terribly, low cost of 5000 sq housing has him salivating.

Hint he had a house in Augusta GA right next to the golf course and Furyck or Daly rented his house out for a week at 20k. Anyone in Augusta would know who my brother is at where he worked at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    is Texas the 8th largest Economy in the world?
    or higher, yes. I have a few friends and family members that live there and love it.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Texas is horrible. Pretty much everyone I know who's lived there hates it. But then again they're the same as California largely too.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Silicon Valley is still as valuable as anything going on in Texas economic wise.
    yes, but only the snobs live there. My high school friend lives there but he is a multi millionaire, Dalyn can verify on my Facebook. He and my other California friend I graduated with releasing a book together. They can afford to live there with their million dollar salaries or residuals.

I wouldn't say they are snobs to me, but to you all, they would be. I had a lot of classes with them and yes they are that damn smart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Texas is horrible. Pretty much everyone I know who's lived there hates it. But then again they're the same as California largely too.
    Why do they hate it?

Weather?

Jobs?

Mexicans?

I can see Mexicans.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-28-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    My wife wants to move to Charlotte NC or Texas if we have another kid, but we are both up there in age so it would be a miracle. She likes Texas because it is warm year round and my job and her business we can afford to fly home if we need to. She does not want to live in California. My brother could give me a job a 200k a year (he had bugged me for 10 years to work with him) if I want it but I don't like to do nepotism. I rather work for my position than handed to me from my younger brother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    or higher, yes. I have a few friends and family members that live there and love it.
    Texas is 14th

i will let you take a guess on who is 8th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    a friend who lived there for a little while has this shirt:

i liked Austin and Houston surprised me on how much i liked it. Lockheart for the food is great too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Texas is 14th

i will let you take a guess on who is 8th
    California is higher than 8th but that doesn't matter in this discussion.

When my friends can move from California to Texas and keep most of their money and get a bigger house and very happy about it, it is a win for them.

My bother who makes a lot of money as a VP of a major US company and is waiting to move to Texas so he can get what he wants, says alot.

I mentioned that I never wanted to work for him because he is younger and very successful but my wife told me I better take any offer he gives me if he moves to Texas because flying will not be an issue if I am making 200k a year. So I cross my fingers if that happens and he is hoping as well. He and his family hates California but his job requires him to be there.

His job sent him to Michigan, Illinois, Georgia, California TWICE, South Carolina. The only places he liked where Georgia and South Carolina in regards to employees and union.

Hmm?

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Austin is great because it's kind of like a liberal college town, and certain areas of Houston are liberal.

Austin in particular is nothing like the rest of Texas,probably the only place I'd want to live.

And cost of living is always going to play a major role anywhere you go. My family could've moved to San Diego where all of my dad's family is (my mom's side is in San Fran). Mom and Dad were aware of the cost of living and how 200k will get you a small townhouse with 5 feet of front yard, while 200k in Georgia can get you a house in a residential community living next to Doctors and Lawyers.

The reason we decided not to move there was simply because we like being on the other side of the country by ourselves. There's no family drama of aunts and uncles and cousins, and you know my folks have been here since the 70's, so we kind of started our own little community here of friends.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    a friend who lived there for a little while has this shirt:

i liked Austin and Houston surprised me on how much i liked it. Lockheart for the food is great too
    find print is hard to read and i have good eyes with no glasses being in the mid 40's.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    find print is hard to read and i have good eyes with no glasses being in the mid 40's.
    Double click to zoom or ctrl + mouse wheel?

It says ​I'd rather go to hell than Texas.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Austin is great because it's kind of like a liberal college town, and certain areas of Houston are liberal.

Austin in particular is nothing like the rest of Texas,probably the only place I'd want to live.

And cost of living is always going to play a major role anywhere you go. My family could've moved to San Diego where all of my dad's family is (my mom's side is in San Fran). Mom and Dad were aware of the cost of living and how 200k will get you a small townhouse with 5 feet of front yard, while 200k in Georgia can get you a house in a residential community living next to Doctors and Lawyers.

The reason we decided not to move there was simply because we like being on the other side of the country by ourselves. There's no family drama of aunts and uncles and cousins, and you know my folks have been here since the 70's, so we kind of started our own little community here of friends.
    Why say liberal?

You just defeated yourself with that statement. I never said Conservative or anything like it. I said California is a HIGH TAX state and not good for families for their high income when you can't even enjoy it as if you were in another state.

My brother would die to live in Austin as his wife, he is not liberal or conservative, like me, more of a centrist. Educated people do not choose sides. My parents registered Dems but are Centrist as well, more Republican on the gay and abortion, but pro welfare for those who can not work and jobs sent overseas, like me on the liberal side. So I do take after my parents but I don't vote Democrat unless they are like Clinton.