Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: NFL Draft Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I disagree about this being a weak draft for tight ends.
    It was come round 3. And I'd much rather use my second on a DL than a TE. Maybe if the Falcons traded down.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Huge drop off after the top 3 guys and even they weren't very complete players. The later round guys probably wouldn't have been drafted in other years. Very thin class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The kid we signed was rated about equal to everyone drafted after the second round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Interesting factoid. This was the first draft since 1937 that no Longhorns were drafted. Meaning that this year a player from Princeton and Penn was taken but no one from Texas.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I really like the Titans new RB Sankey. Think he was definitely the right pick there. Was nice to be able to trade down and still get our guy.

Also like the Mettenberger pick. Yes he has some issues, but on overall potential I think he's among the Top QB's in the class. If the drug test issue never came up, he's likely a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Only QB's in the class I wanted more were Manziel, Garoppolo, and Bortles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Question for you college football fans:

I've been reading that a lot of people believe Carlos Hyde was a better RB in college than Eddie Lacy. Is that true? Could Hyde be as prodductive as Lacy in his rookie season (with less attempts of course). I just don't know what level of competition Hyde went against in comparison to Lacy in addition to the quality of offensive lines.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Question for you college football fans:

I've been reading that a lot of people believe Carlos Hyde was a better RB in college than Eddie Lacy. Is that true? Could Hyde be as prodductive as Lacy in his rookie season (with less attempts of course). I just don't know what level of competition Hyde went against in comparison to Lacy in addition to the quality of offensive lines.
    I don't think so. Level of competition was probably down a good bit also. He had a very good OL in college, and was probably helped by the fact he had mobile Qbs as the main defensive focus.

I think whoever is saying that is drinking a large jug of Kool Aid.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I really like the Titans new RB Sankey. Think he was definitely the right pick there. Was nice to be able to trade down and still get our guy.

Also like the Mettenberger pick. Yes he has some issues, but on overall potential I think he's among the Top QB's in the class. If the drug test issue never came up, he's likely a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Only QB's in the class I wanted more were Manziel, Garoppolo, and Bortles.
    Roos gonna hang on? I'd hate for Carolina to snag him if he is cut.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I don't think so. Level of competition was probably down a good bit also. He had a very good OL in college, and was probably helped by the fact he had mobile Qbs as the main defensive focus.

I think whoever is saying that is drinking a large jug of Kool Aid.
    Doesn't Alabama always have a great offensive line as well? Either way, I'm excited about the pick. Highlights are misleading of course but he was really impressive on the tape that I watched.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    thethe, do you read homer Niners blogs?

Hyde was one of the better RBs in the draft, but he's nowhere close to Lacy coming out. Hyde is a Brandon Jacobs type, pretty slow, not elusive, won't break long runs, but will give you 3 yards.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Doesn't Alabama always have a great offensive line as well? Either way, I'm excited about the pick. Highlights are misleading of course but he was really impressive on the tape that I watched.
    You must be getting this from a 49rs board, because it really isn't even close.

Yes, but as a general rule they play against better defenses and lines.

Don't discount the mobile qb factor either. Most mobile qbs get a lot out of the running game.

I think it's a two day horseback ride to even compare the two, but some folks like their cucumbers pickled ya know.

It was a very weak class of rbs and TEs for all that this draft had to offer at other spots. Cb and wr were being taken left and right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Again, thats why I'm asking you guys because I do not watch college footbal. Thank you for the input. I hope he can at least be a serviceable secondary running back in short yardage situations.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I don't watch combine junk or read Mel Kipers crap, but I do watch a ton of college football.

I love the Ravens draft. First 3 picks could be starters.

I would not have traded up for Watkins if I was the Bills. There were way too many WRs in this draft and chances are Watkins doesn't even end up as the best. (I love Cooks)

Browns had a heckuva draft and I don't like Johnny Foosball. If he pans out, they probably destroy this draft.

Lions took Ebron too early, but he can play and Van Noy is one of the best players I saw last year. They also signed DJ Morrell from ODU, who I've seen everyone of his games. He shutdown Aaron Donald last year.

Texans win this draft even if Clowney is so so. I love there picks 2nd through 4th/5th.

Jags got some weapons to go with Blackmon.

Chiefs seem to have a lol worthy draft.

VIkings were solid, should have done more damage with the amount of picks they had.

Steelers had a really solid draft as usual. Tuitt is perfect for them.

Skins draft was so so. Murphy was a reach, but was one of the top 3-5 defensive players in college football last year. Problem is he doesn't have NFL measurables for an OLB. I read that Stanford runs a non traditional strength program and the reason why his bench was so low. Possibility that he moves inside, but I think he probably takes over for Orakpo after next year. Moses should be the starting RT, I think that turns out to be the best pick.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    ththe Hyde benefited greatly from an offensive line that was tops in the nation. That isn't his fault obviously. He is a physical runner who is athletic enough to make tacklers miss on occasion. He has good hands for a back his size. I don't think he displays very good vision, but it's hard to say for sure because a lot of his runs he just sprints through gaping holes. I don't compare him to Brandon Jacobs except they are both very strong running backs. Hyde has more speed granted it's not a ton. Lacy is a tougher runner as well.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    CC, I see the Packers are planning to sign Adrian Hubbard provided he passes his physical. What's the scouting report on him?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I disagree about this being a weak draft for tight ends.
    After Ebron, Amaro, ASJ, Nikklas, and Fiedo, it's pretty weak, yeah.

Falcons needed to keep adding depth/talent to their Front 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,298 Posts
    You guys know anything about the TE the Pats signed. All I really saw was that he is one big dude, but very raw.