Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage - blacks perspective

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

Gay Marriage - blacks perspective

People wonder why I am against gay marriage. I am not really against it 100% on the government side because getting a union certificate is marriage according to our government and that is most important, but gays wanting be accepted by the church is another ordeal which is a direct stab at religious moral beliefs. Churches allow gay marriages but they will not marry a gay couple within their confines (there are a minute amount that will do it a very small amount but no mainstream).

Now since I am black and Christian with no religious nor ever be of any religious institutions, I am questioned on this matter a lot. I am not a liberal nor am I a conservative but people will put in the latter because of my social leanings, which is probably accurate. BUt my kind vote liberal but have right minded social leaning which brings up up why blacks vote Democrat, well considering their marriage to welfare and unemployment they really don't have a choice because the other side is not going to help them. I am fine with that, but let me remind the liberals on here, be lucky blacks vote your way due to their circumstances because at their core they are not liberals. They vote out of necessity with pinching their noses than accepting your views. This I pretty much got from my family, almost all except the highly educated ones are Democrats.

So why am I posting this.

This article is why I said the above.

So when I tell you over and over and over that blacks for the most part do not agree with gay marriage is right here in the article. This will not change EVER. You take away black's religion, you think the crap they are doing now is bad, it would be worse as the church keep some of our hoodlums off the street and killing other people with after school programs and what not. When growing up churches always had a camp or something during the summer you can join for FREE. To do something like that nowadays without the church, you pay for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I guess the article made people rethink how blacks think socially and wonder why they vote Democrat. It sure aint for gay marriage or abortion rights that is for sure. They are so far right on that, even more than I.

lulz

Sharpton and Jesse tells them to vote really and guess what their primary occupations are, besides conning and hustling?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Sad thing AA, is the majority of blacks would line up and vote for another black male democrat next president cycle just because he's black

What % of the blacks that voted in 2008 do you think wouldn't know the difference between a liberal and a republican or what party belived in what program? I would think it would be more than half. I believe it would be a higher percentage than whites that voted in 08

What's worse: a black voting for Obama because he's black or a white that voted for Obama so he'd feel better about himself, to show people he's not a racist?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Sad thing AA, is the majority of blacks would line up and vote for another black male democrat next president cycle just because he's black

What % of the blacks that voted in 2008 do you think wouldn't know the difference between a liberal and a republican or what party belived in what program? I would think it would be more than half. I believe it would be a higher percentage than whites that voted in 08

What's worse: a black voting for Obama because he's black or a white that voted for Obama so he'd feel better about himself, to show people he's not a racist?
    By that logic if Herman Cain ran against Hilary, Herman Cain would get 50+% of the black vote. Short of Hilary pulling a Paula Deen, ain't noway that's happening sugar.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

I think Dr. Carson would pull a lot of black vote as long as he promises to take care of his people and not let the Republicans dismiss them as parasites. He is no Cain that is for sure and he is actually approachable unlike Obama and have the air of being your friend and not arrogant.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Cain is terrible. He is about as close to an Uncle Tom as you can get in this day and age.

Carson is way more appealing than Cain, but even then sometimes he can be a bit of a weirdo.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I'd vote for Carson but haven't the left already started smearing him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Carson runs for POTUS then would have to daily explain the equivalency of Slavery and ACA.

- man might be a world class surgeon and a rival to Zig Zeiglar but on the big stage --- Where do I buy the popcorn?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    Cain is terrible. He is about as close to an Uncle Tom as you can get in this day and age.
    Sorry Sav, you forgot Clarence Thomas . Cain is a radio host that used to sell ****ty pizza. No more no less.
    Irrelevant is the word I'ma looking for

Carson is way more appealing than Cain, but even then sometimes he can be a bit of a weirdo.
    That's like saying a broken arm is preferable to a broken leg
    Carson is a charlatan . Cain Palin Gingrich etc just in a surgeons smock. Read up on the guy - his stances will do the damage or as said above "smearing"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 05-17-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Carson runs for POTUS then would have to daily explain the equivalency of Slavery and ACA.

- man might be a world class surgeon and a rival to Zig Zeiglar but on the big stage --- Where do I buy the popcorn?
    I'm pretty sure comparing political correctness to the Gestapo is way worse. That's some Ann Coulter level stupidity.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Fantasy cosplay
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I used to think if I ever met Gatom he would look like the one on the left !
    What think you?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (05-17-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

And Obama isn't?

Gosh you hate anyone who is Republican. You can't say that about me with the Democrats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Carson is a charlatan . Cain Palin Gingrich etc just in a surgeons smock. Read up on the guy - his stances will do the damage or as said above "smearing"
    Your party is good at smearing. Obama, Chicagoan to the core, are the masters at conning and smearing. Look at my state, they are always fvcked because of the Democrats and their lying and smearing.

It says a lot about you.

You are afraid of him because there is no dirt for you to smear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I see no one wants to challenge that blacks are social conservatives and detest abortion and gay marriage.

Lucky they vote Democrat because of dependency of the government to take care of them.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    And Obama isn't?

Gosh you hate anyone who is Republican. You can't say that about me with the Democrats.
    The Republicans I did like all went crazy or are no longer in office.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    The Republicans I did like all went crazy or are no longer in office.
    That is where you and I disagree. I can't name a Republican politician I like in the last twenty years, Powell is close maybe Rice, but being puppets of Cheney sour that notion. But in the same vein, I can't name a Democrat I like in the last 15 years, Sweet Dick Willie was the last and even he let me down by lying.

Like I said many times, I don't like either party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I see no one wants to challenge that blacks are social conservatives and detest abortion and gay marriage.

Lucky they vote Democrat because of dependency of the government to take care of them.
    Actually I think they vote Democrat thanks to Nixon's Southern Strategy. When black leaders of whatever nature hear "States Rights" they think of burning crosses and chains.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Actually I think they vote Democrat thanks to Nixon's Southern Strategy. When black leaders of whatever nature hear "States Rights" they think of burning crosses and chains.
    LMAO!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    LMAO!!!!
    You know I'm right. You can admit it.