Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GDT #41: 5-17-14 Braves (Harang) @ Cardinals (Miller) 2:15 EST

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Serious question here. When do they start looking at the guy in charge of hitting? If I go to work and everything I do is a total fail then I will get fired. Oh and don't tell me the hitting coach has anything to do with it either. He is the guy that sets the tempo. This guy can change the entire approach of the team and individuals at the plate.

Also, what has to happen for Fredi to get fired? Is there a scenario where both are shown the door?

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This team isn't going anywhere. I've been as big of a Wren supporter as anyone on this board but he constructed this teams offense horribly and deserves all the blame for its performance. The idea that strikeouts didn't matter was always silly. This team isn't going anywhere. We might luck into a wildcard or division title (unlikely) but no way do we stand a chance against good pitching.
    I think this is over dramatic. Lately the defense....especially your man Gattis, has been giving up runs.

This team did very well last year with the same team. What we need is two more high OPS guys to go along with FF. Need to get that from 2b and need Heyward to be heyward.

What Wren should be in trouble for is his FA signings.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    I think this is over dramatic. Lately the defense....especially your man Gattis, has been giving up runs.

This team did very well last year with the same team. What we need is two more high OPS guys to go along with FF. Need to get that from 2b and need Heyward to be heyward.

What Wren should be in trouble for is his FA signings.
    And Justin.

Justin Upton has to be the Rodney Dangerfield of this team. I can't recall seeing over and over the offensive contributions of a player being ignored as highly as Justin's have so far. His K rate is a concern, but he is crushing everything right now.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg