Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Cuban

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts

Mark Cuban

That low rumble you hear is the PC Army coming over the hills with their pitchforks...
    Last edited by acesfull86; 05-22-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I'll be shocked if this one sticks. Maybe a minor fine? Don't think he should get it, but I think that's the max penalty.

I will say that I think people really over reacted to the Clippers deal. I mean come one, it's pretty obvious that the guy is just out of it. Did you see his interview? Whether he's just a drunk or whatever he has no clue what is going on. I really don't think he's racist he's just a nut.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I will say that I think people really over reacted to the Clippers deal. I mean come one, it's pretty obvious that the guy is just out of it.
    I agree. It was a silly conversation with his girlfriend and he has a right to try and tell her who she can bring to the game. Of course she has the right to leave his decrepit ol' bigoted self and not whore herself out for his money and privilege.

I don't know where the "racist" line is but it seems he's been over it for a while. Probably should've been run out long ago.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Sadly our country has come to this.

The PC crowd has sharpened their pitchforks and want to use them on anyone who is anti-black, anti-American Injun or LGBT.

It makes them folks spotlight and money.

Only in America, as they say.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    I'll be shocked if this one sticks.
    I don't think it will stick either, but using the "black kid in a hoodie" reference will keep it lingering longer than it should because apparently Trayvon Martin has a patent on that look.

I started this thread because I was listening to the radio on the drive home and heard people talking about Cuban's comments (without actually getting to hear what he said) and they were making it sound like this was Sterling part 2. Then I got home and read what he actually said and had to LOL that this was even a topic of discussion.

He didn't say when he's walking at night and sees a black kid in a hoodie he:
    1) takes out his weapon and stands his ground
    2) lynches him
    3) passes him over for an employment opportunity
    4) won't serve him a meal at his lunch counter

All he said was he walks to the other side of the street! Does that really make anyone uncomfortable? I guess the race hustlers will use this to get a few days work, but hopefully it will blow over after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I'd be more pi--ed as a white tattoo guy !

when reading quotes concerning race a couple things need to be taken into account. First is the vast difference between bigotry,prejudice and racism. And second is no matter what is said unless you are the Dali Lama -- it is going to be clumsy
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////

"We're all prejudiced in one way or the other," Cuban said in the Inc. interview. "If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there's a guy that has tattoos all over his face — white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere — I'm walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of."

/////////////////////

One of the few things we all agreed on over the years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Everything he said was 100% true.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    “There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody White and feel relieved.”
    -- Jesse Jackson

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    ESPN's bull **** PC liberal agenda is essentially telling you to walk through a forest and walk right up to the first grizzly bear you see. You don't know if it's going to want to eat you or wander right by you. If you try and sneak away from the bear, you are a racist, prejudiced, bigot. You must wait until the bear starts biting your face off before you can form the opinion that said bear is dangerous. At that point you are allowed to avoid the bear. Or maybe the bear will just ignore you and keep on walking? Who knows, but are you going to take that chance? Just don't avoid the bear before it attacks you, otherwise we'll have to take some of your money away.

Your basic survival instincts = racist.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Sadly our country has come to this.

The PC crowd has sharpened their pitchforks and want to use them on anyone who is anti-black, anti-American Injun or LGBT.

It makes them folks spotlight and money.

Only in America, as they say.
    I'd hardly call the NBA owners a PC crowd. Total business decision. I think Sterling is a schmuck, but I think this is an overreaction. Blame the PC crowd if you like, but if you're younger than me and don't recall when PC was a right wing movement dedicated to ferreting out communist sympathizers and such.

PS--Don't guys like Cuban know better than to avoid an "obvious" trap question. First effin' lesson of PR.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 05-23-2014 at 12:15 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-27-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I'd hardly call the NBA owners a PC crowd. Total business decision. I think Sterling is a schmuck, but I think this is an overreaction. Blame the PC crowd if you like, but if you're younger than me and don't recall when PC was a right wing movement dedicated to ferreting out communist sympathizers and such.

PS--Don't guys like Cuban know better than to avoid an "obvious" trap question. First effin' lesson of PR.
    Cuban definitely doesn't. He's put his foot in his mouth multiple times.
    thank you weso1!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Cuban definitely doesn't. He's put his foot in his mouth multiple times.
    And that's the problem on both sides. People across the spectrum say stupid things and then go all gape-mouthed when someone reacts. Of course, there's freedom of speech, but there's not freedom from stupid.

Cuban's PR team got him on Twitter pretty fast to stop the bleeding. I doubt Cuban is a racist. I think this is just a careless comment and should be treated as such. I don't know about Sterling. I sympathize with anyone caught in a sting (of sorts), but again, don't say stupid things and you won't have problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Sterling has a history of discrimination

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-27-2014)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Cuban is a person without a filter. But he doesn't say anything that's truly damaging. His quote was bad taste more than anything else.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    If Cuban were black this wouldn't even make the headlines. Regardless this is completely true what he said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "Did you know that according the New York Times 87% of mass shootings in America are committed by Caucasian males between the ages of 13 to 56, yet White Americans tend to be fearful of young black males in hoodies."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I don't think anyone will argue that most mass shootings are caused by whites. Mostly by disturbed, mentally challenged white teenagers. But how many gun homicides that occur in Chicago, New Orleans, Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington, D.C., Atlanta and St Louis are caused by whites? 2%? 3%? How many armed robberies in this cities will be caused by whites? 5%

The only time that liberals and their media bring up gun control is when these tragic mass shootings of whites by other whites happen. blacks are shooting each other all day in the inner cities and not a peep about gun control when we discuss these shootings which the mainstream media really doesn't even cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    "Did you know that according the New York Times 87% of mass shootings in America are committed by Caucasian males between the ages of 13 to 56, yet White Americans tend to be fearful of young black males in hoodies."
    True. I agree.

but I would avoid any person with a hoodie and up to no good. If I am force to walk amongst them, my wallet is already out and to show them I have no money. Credit cards will do them no good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I don't think anyone will argue that most mass shootings are caused by whites. Mostly by disturbed, mentally challenged white teenagers. But how many gun homicides that occur in Chicago, New Orleans, Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington, D.C., Atlanta and St Louis are caused by whites? 2%? 3%? How many armed robberies in this cities will be caused by whites? 5%

The only time that liberals and their media bring up gun control is when these tragic mass shootings of whites by other whites happen. blacks are shooting each other all day in the inner cities and not a peep about gun control when we discuss these shootings which the mainstream media really doesn't even cover.
    This is also true and not news because it happens EVERY day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

And 57 questions me about Obama and the good he is doing in the black community. I am laughing my ass off on that one. He doesn't give a flying fvck about us. He just wants our vote so he can be cool being the first awful black president of the United States.