Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Discussion That Should Be Going On

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Black female imprisonment rate has dropped dramatically. So if you can figure out why that is and you can figure out a way to apply it to the male population then you may have your answer.
    Why do you think or is there a link explaining?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I think it's mainly due to the fact that drug laws have been eased in a lot of states.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Justifiable Homicide plea:
    White Shooter-Black Victim --- 30% success
    Black Shooter -White Victim --- 3% success
    Boy, stats can be fun. Jesse and Al are proud of ya.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I think it's mainly due to the fact that drug laws have been eased in a lot of states.
    Looking at felony arrests in our county they are predominately drug arrests. A random paper hanger or DUI but a wild guess would asy 70% drug arrests. And for you tapate, all colors

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Boy, stats can be fun. Jesse and Al are proud of ya.
    Is there button to unthank a post for being entirely unhelpful?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Let's all hope not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-18-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    there is here. It's called the post button. You seem to have found it as well. I've never been around someone baiting as much as 57. Arguing with him is unhelpful to everyone. Okie had it right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Looking at felony arrests in our county they are predominately drug arrests. A random paper hanger or DUI but a wild guess would asy 70% drug arrests. And for you tapate, all colors
    I'd say that's because they are so prominent. Peer pressure is a real *****

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    One of the biggest racial problems we have in this country is how each group "tolerates" certain things that should be considered unacceptable.

Example would be the recent Paula Deen blowup. Walmart, Kmart, etc all stopped carrying her cookware because of the information that came out in a deposition. Even though she was honest and said she used the offensive word years ago, she was dropped like a hot 'tater!

But those same stores carry black (and white) rappers & hip-hop that use the same word (and frankly a lot worse regarding females) to make money, yet they are not called out because it's in the name of "free speech" and "freedom of expression".

So how can we become a nation of people that sees no color, when we are constantly being reminded that there is a huge double standard. In order to change, things like black on black crime and black on white crime has got to be met with the same outrage as a Hispanic trying to act like Barney Fife.

I truly believe Zimmerman acted in self defense, the real crime was the confrontation itself. Stay in your car and nothing would have happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi44 View Post
    One of the biggest racial problems we have in this country is how each group "tolerates" certain things that should be considered unacceptable.

Example would be the recent Paula Deen blowup. Walmart, Kmart, etc all stopped carrying her cookware because of the information that came out in a deposition. Even though she was honest and said she used the offensive word years ago, she was dropped like a hot 'tater!

But those same stores carry black (and white) rappers & hip-hop that use the same word (and frankly a lot worse regarding females) to make money, yet they are not called out because it's in the name of "free speech" and "freedom of expression".

So how can we become a nation of people that sees no color, when we are constantly being reminded that there is a huge double standard. In order to change, things like black on black crime and black on white crime has got to be met with the same outrage as a Hispanic trying to act like Barney Fife.

I truly believe Zimmerman acted in self defense, the real crime was the confrontation itself. Stay in your car and nothing would have happened.
    Pretty strong post.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    AHEM***

Black America's Real Problem Isn't White Racism

Pat Buchanan7 hours agoSocietyBarack ObamaShooting of Trayvon MartinNew York

In the aftermath of the acquittal of George Zimmerman, Eric Holder, Al Sharpton and Ben Jealous of the NAACP are calling on the black community to rise up in national protest.

Yet they know — and Barack Obama, whose silence speaks volumes, knows — nothing is going to happen.

"Stand-Your-Ground" laws in Florida and other states are not going to be repealed. George Zimmerman is not going to be prosecuted for a federal "hate crime" in the death of Trayvon Martin.

The result of all this ginned-up rage that has produced vandalism and violence is simply going to be an ever-deepening racial divide.

Consider the matter of crime and fear of crime.

From listening to cable channels and hearing Holder, Sharpton, Jealous and others, one would think the great threat to black children today emanates from white vigilantes and white cops.

Hence, every black father must have a "conversation" with his son, warning him not to resist or run if pulled over or hassled by a cop.

Make the wrong move, son, and you may be dead is the implication.

But is this the reality in Black America?

When Holder delivered his 2009 "nation-of-cowards" speech blaming racism for racial separation, Manhattan Institute's Heather Mac Donald suggested that our attorney general study his crime statistics.

In New York from January to June 2008, 83 percent of all gun assailants were black, according to witnesses and victims, though blacks were only 24 percent of the population. Blacks and Hispanics together accounted for 98 percent of all gun assailants. Forty-nine of every 50 muggings and murders in the Big Apple were the work of black or Hispanic criminals.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald's facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics.

And these may involve the kind of pat-downs all of us have had at the airport.

Is stop-and-frisk the work of racist cops in New York, where the crime rate has been driven down to levels unseen in decades?

According to Kelly, a majority of his police force, which he has been able to cut from 41,000 officers to 35,000, is now made up of minorities.

But blacks are also, per capita, the principal victims of crime. Would black fathers prefer their sons to grow up in Chicago, rather than low-crime New York City, with its stop-and-frisk policy?

Fernando Mateo, head of the New York taxicab union, urges his drivers to profile blacks and Hispanics for their own safety: "The God's honest truth is that 99 percent of the people that are robbing, stealing, killing these drivers are blacks and Hispanics."

Mateo is what The New York Times would describe as "a black Hispanic" Yet he may be closer to the 'hood than Holder, who says he was stopped by police when running to a movie — in Georgetown.

Which raises a relevant question. Georgetown is an elitist enclave of a national capital that has been ruled by black mayors for half a century. It's never had a white mayor.

Is Holder saying we've got racist cops in the district where Obama carried 86 percent of the white vote and 97 percent of the black vote? And his son should fear the white cops in Washington, D.C.?

What about interracial crime, white-on-black attacks and the reverse?

After researching the FBI numbers for "Suicide of a Superpower," this writer concluded: "An analysis of 'single offender victimization figures' from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study."

Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.

If interracial crime is the ugliest manifestation of racism, what does this tell us about where racism really resides — in America?

And if the FBI stats for 2007 represent an average year since the Tawana Brawley rape-hoax of 1987, over one-third of a million white women have been sexually assaulted by black males since 1987 — with no visible protest from the civil rights leadership.

Today, 73 percent of all black kids are born out of wedlock. Growing up, these kids drop out, use drugs, are unemployed, commit crimes and are incarcerated at many times the rate of Asians and whites — or Hispanics, who are taking the jobs that used to go to young black Americans.

Are white vigilantes or white cops really Black America's problem?

Obama seems not to think so. The Rev. Sharpton notwithstanding, he is touting Ray Kelly as a possible chief of homeland security.

Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of "Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?" To find out more about Patrick Buchanan and read features by other Creators writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators webpage at www.creators.com.

COPYRIGHT 2013 CREATORS.COM
    http://news.yahoo.com/black-americas...070000529.html
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I guess real FBI statistics and facts get too confusing compared to unqualified numbers and percentages out of context. Oh well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    How many people are in jail for marijuana that shouldn't be?
    Our jails are packed with non-violent drug offenders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    A side issue is privatized prisons. Or jail for profit.

It is today a major issue in Arizona where big dollar donors are prison investors and them propping up legislators that enact more and more non violent prison term laws. I posted about ALEC on the other board a year of so ago but I think only a few recognized the trojan horses.

Sorry for getting off topic but I see all these issues interconnected to the grand goal of repealing all regulation on business and stifling labor wages. Even Trayvon Martin and race relations. It is an historical fact, people of color are a cheap source of labor. The quality of their lives be damned
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-19-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I guess real FBI statistics and facts get too confusing compared to unqualified numbers and percentages out of context. Oh well
    All these numbers are confusing without context. I think the numbers above say the same thing I was yesterday, it sucks to be a person of color.
    A stat most telling to me is , outside of the racial profiling aspect, only 6% of black youth are gang members. That leaves a mere 94% as striving young americans - yet for whatever reasons young black men (b0ys) are immediatly assumed to be gang kids.

Tell me the difference between an inter city kid wearing his pants around his knees and white kid wearing a confederate flag? Ever thought that black Americans assume all white kids have confederate flags on their trucks? I bet the state legislature in your state has bills pending to address pants at the knees and nothing about confederate patches. Am I right or wrong?

That is what Al Sharpton is talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'd say the major difference is the kids with saggy pants are accepted by their society where as a confederate patch really isn't accepted by their peers or family groups. I live in the heart of the area you are talking about, and the pants are almost every black teen and the patch might be out in the stix.

Those stats need no context. What it's saying is that in NYC the police is made up if mostly blacks and Hispanics and yet over 80% of the total gun related offenses were a product of blacks or Hispanics .

It's bad to be a man of color? Please. Everyone is responsible for their own path. That's a cop out. It is about accountability. Stop blaming everyone else and right your own ship. No one is gonna right it for you.

Those numbers should shock you as much as they do me. If its a good community model it should embarrassing people as well and do something about it. It starts from the bottom , not the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    All these numbers are confusing without context. I think the numbers above say the same thing I was yesterday, it sucks to be a person of color.
    A stat most telling to me is , outside of the racial profiling aspect, only 6% of black youth are gang members. That leaves a mere 94% as striving young americans - yet for whatever reasons young black men (b0ys) are immediatly assumed to be gang kids.

Tell me the difference between an inter city kid wearing his pants around his knees and white kid wearing a confederate flag? Ever thought that black Americans assume all white kids have confederate flags on their trucks? I bet the state legislature in your state has bills pending to address pants at the knees and nothing about confederate patches. Am I right or wrong?

That is what Al Sharpton is talking about
    Racial profiling by people of color? their own people? That's a new one. If they are I have to wonder if experience gives them some insight. Those numbers are in context. Hell you post random stats like 70% of uni bombers are white with ZERO context and expect it to fly. This article sites sources and context. Denial. Be accountable. That's all. Own it, correct it.

Al is a racist. Everyone knows that. Don't cite him and try to legitimize a point because he lends zero credibility to every arguement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I'm trying to agree with you while pointing out there are two sides to every coin.

Patrick Buchanan makes good points but lets be clear, He is the polar opposite of Sharpton in both ideology and bombast. They both are extremely bright and both make good points just from opposite sides. Having said that, I think Buchanan a neanderthal. A Catholic neanderthal. A brilliant catholic neanderthal!
    I have to laugh at people that claim to straddle the political fence but constantly side with one side. Not saying that is you-- just making a comment

Now to context. Yes sociological numbers have to have a context or else they are empty figures on a page. Perhaps sometimes the numbers are only a starting point of a conversation where we create the context. Know what I mean?

Both the stats I provided and the stats you provided are viable. And, I think are saying the same thing, it sucks to be of color in this country. but like Obama said today, it is getting better. not perfect but, better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Being accountable means not making excuses. The late Erk Russell ( regarded as one of the best motivators of all time) motivated many many people of all colors with two words : Do Right. Pretty simple concept, yet so hard for so many.

It isn't anyone else's fault.

It isn't about coins or stories. Stop deflecting. It's about a deep routed problem in the communities that allow this behavior to continue. It's even lauded in some circles as noble .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    What deep rooted problems? What is the source of those deep rooted problems? Why are lauded in some circles? What circles?

Not deflecting -- not really sure who you are calling to account ??? A culture that goes back generations that can't turn on a dime -- black and white america.

Erk Russell was a football coach and the basis of his motivational skills was who played and who didnt. Playing time in amateur sports in this discussion is really not a measuring stick for, anything except who give s the coach the best chance to win- not to take anything from Russell.

It really is about coins. 1/2 the country can only see their side of the coin and the other half their side. Evidence is the sides taken in this case. Ever wonder why predictable people are following predictable sides in this story? To a tee.

I am dark skinned (not black) and I am not proud to say sometimes as wrong as Zimmerman was. Because I find myself at times making the same assumptions he made when he saw a negro stranger in a hoodie -- we have all done it. On the other side of the coin, Being dark skinned I have also been profiled as a menace based only on the tone of my skin

That is the problem -- to both sides
    Last edited by 57Brave; 07-19-2013 at 11:24 PM.