Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Discussion That Should Be Going On

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Buchanon's numbers tell me poverty creates desperate people. Experience tells me desperate people do desperate things

It also says the same thing the O'Reilly commentary said. Black people are responsible for systemic racism -- bootstraps and all that - if "they" would ...

Never saw a response to question of how you view the source systemic racism.
    So all of that is from poverty? Including the rapes?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Did O'Reilly just blame African Americans,The Congeressional Balck Caucus,Obama, Sharpton and Jackson for systemic racism?
    if we listen further he will also say ---- she really wants it by wearing short skirts and provocative make up.

I really dont think white-white america want the words accountability and O'Reilly not only in the same sentence - but in the same lifetime. Unless of course that is all they listen to or read
    thank you weso1!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

NSFW. But the first few minutes before King left the stage was spot on. If Obama had the balls to say this history would look good upon him down the road

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Created by past experiences. Enhanced by stereotypes but based in some fact.

This goes back to my original post. Accountability. That's the best way to eliminate it. Get the house in order. Hold your community accountable for its actions
    Your notions of accountability (solutions to a complictaed problem) are comparable to taking Nyquill for the flu. You really haven't touched the virus but at least you won't cough for a few hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Your notions of accountability (solutions to a complictaed problem) are comparable to taking Nyquill for the flu. You really haven't touched the virus but at least you won't cough for a few hours.
    That is the most untrue statement I have ever read in all of the internets. It starts at the most basic of levels. Without that foundation, nothing can grow. And if it does its unnatural (forced), fragile, and based in shallow selfish goals.

And don't think I didn't notice how you dodged the last post (a direct question).
    Last edited by Tapate50; 07-25-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Another spelling apocolypse
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    well then call for accountability from everyone. Not just the most vulnerable --

I have yet to see anyone on this board call on Ted Nugent for accountability or Sean hannity or Bill O'Reilly or Rush or Sarah. Or the meth dealers in rural America. Or the Oxy addicts that can afford rehab to stay out of jail.
    From white-white America there is only one bogey man ////// Al-Jesse.

I hope you dont take this wrong but your calls for accountability ring hollow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    well then call for accountability from everyone. Not just the most vulnerable --

I have yet to see anyone on this board call on Ted Nugent for accountability or Sean hannity or Bill O'Reilly or Rush or Sarah. Or the meth dealers in rural America. Or the Oxy addicts that can afford rehab to stay out of jail.
    From white-white America there is only one bogey man ////// Al-Jesse.

I hope you dont take this wrong but your calls for accountability ring hollow.
    From you? Didn't expect any different answer honestly. You have deflected since post one.

Don't take this the wrong way, but that mindset is part of the problem not the solution.

Ted Nugent? Oh my...
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Yes, your calls for accountability are hollow. Show me the face of the person you want held to account for George Zimmerman assuming TMArtin was a thug because he wore a hoodie. Give a name. One name

Who will you call on for accountability for throwing paint on the Lincoln Memorial?
    Let's start with Rand Paul and his Neo-Confereracy views.

Accountability -- we could keep a running log if you like.

or we could discuss economic policies that would help these people get out of the dregs they are born into and live in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    another absent call for accountability. This is from an NRA Board member. Never heard any such a thing from Sharpton or Jackson -- you? Or even, the New Black Panthers.
    C'mon Tapate call for some one to be accountable to calm this obnoxious boor
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ted Nugent, the perpetually provocative hard rock guitarist, said earlier this week that black Americans should be profiled in the same manner that different breeds of dogs are considered dangerous.

Nugent made the comments on entertainer Nick Cannon's podcast. The two riffed on race for several minutes until Nugent compared recent cases of strife in race relations to "storm clouds" and dogs.

"If a Dalmatian has been biting the children in the neighborhood, I think we're going to look for a black-and-white dog," he said.

"I think that typically when you see the -- I don't even remember the term they use -- but the gangs of blacks lately that have been just been going down the downtown streets and breaking windows on cars," Nugent continued. "Over and over again, I watch the news, and here's a rape and here's a burglary and here's a murder in Chicago. Twenty-nine shot, 29 blacks shot by 29 blacks. At some point, you've gotta be afraid of black-and-white dogs if the Dalmatian is doing the biting."

The racially charged comments are nothing new from Nugent, who insists he is "anti-racist" because of his musical tributes to black musicians like Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry. Most recently, he joked that he wouldn't mind shooting residents of Los Angeles' South Central neighborhood with a machine gun from a helicopter.

The Coalition to Stop Gun violence recently started a petition to ask the National Rifle Association to remove Nugent from the organization's board of directors.