Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The biggest problem with the Obama admin, imo...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

The biggest problem with the Obama admin, imo...

Is the lack of honesty. Only because he kind of ran on it. They promoted a more open presidency yet we haven't gotten that. Sure we have Whitehouse.gov yet let's be honest, that full of propaganda. Let's take a look at some examples.

Benghazi - They could have just said, look we were in an election and we didn't want the president to seem like crap on foreign policy. Maybe not exactly how it should have been phrased but it's the most logical truth. I feel like in the end Americans would have accepted that. Not the committed right wing, but they aint voting for Obama.

IRS - Should have come out super strong here and should have seen some heads roll. Obama should have been outraged on this one and should have immediately fired Lerner immediately. This imo, was a despicable abuse of power.

Obamacare screwups. Should have been more honest and should have gone after his own party here. They were shooting for the moon and it was unconstitutional imo. Should have been more honest and open about single payer system. Here are the positives and here are the negatives.

Gun control. Same thing. No real reason to ban quasi assualt weapons. Hand guns are just as deadly in the end. Should have been more honest about the statistics.

Obama watching the AP: Yeah you forgot about this one and yet it happened. Questionable at best. Were they ever honest here?

Fast and Furious: We messed up. That's it. That's all I want to hear. I get what they were doing, but just admit it didn't work out. This is an honest and open admin, right?

Snowden: They are still fumbling this one. Sometimes I think I think I can come up with a better defense.
    thank you weso1!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

mossy (06-04-2014)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Well, that are completely breaking the law
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    WMD - he knew there was no WMD - why didn't he just say it was for oil?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    WMD - he knew there was no WMD - why didn't he just say it was for oil?
    I'm just saying from the perspective of what Obama ran on. I get your hypocrisy grump here, but even accepting your strawman as truth, how does that defend Obama in regards to your moral compass?
    thank you weso1!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (06-03-2014), Krgrecw (06-02-2014), NinersSBChamps (06-03-2014), Tapate50 (06-03-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I think the point is, every administration does similar things. I am NOT saying that makes it right. The president can't keep every promise and never intends to. Unfortunately. But you're joking if you believe Obama is any worse in regards to that than any other president, ever. He ran on transparency and hasn't held up, but what else is new? It's a silly criticism, because they ALL do it. So criticize them ALL. Don't make it an Obama thing (impossible, I know).

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Weso, I agree with you about transparency and even, to some degree, about accountability.

Still, you have to consider the nature of the opposition to judge fairly.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    I think the point is, every administration does similar things. I am NOT saying that makes it right. The president can't keep every promise and never intends to. Unfortunately. But you're joking if you believe Obama is any worse in regards to that than any other president, ever. He ran on transparency and hasn't held up, but what else is new? It's a silly criticism, because they ALL do it. So criticize them ALL. Don't make it an Obama thing (impossible, I know).
    Good post. I feel the same way but my dislike goes further than being a too liberal president which he might show in face but behind the scenes he is not, but he has to keep the front on for his party. He just making my race look bad by the things you all have seen, it is like "Can we trust him?" "What is he trying to accomplish?". The liberal side me in regards to the welfare of our people I am not happy about at all and a lot of my kind feels that way. Conservatively, he spends too much and checks and balances he do use, he does not do it wisely. Why pass bills when they are not thoroughly researched for political points.

I believe Bush was just as worse or even more due to neoconism, but I don't blame him, but Cheney, he ran the country as Bush was spineless and Obama isn't. He takes charge but sometimes too much, opens his mouth too fast, or those under him do, see Benghazi, see this current dilemma, see Fast and Furious, see Trayvon Martin. Anything to score political points he opens his mouth and then regrets it later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We are also more monitored every day that goes by.

The IRS one is full on abuse of power. Pretty sorry.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Gulf of Tonkin. I think Obama should have been more honest about that. I mean, we weren't attacked --- he just used that as a means to get more troops in SE Asia.

Iran-Contra -- he knew all along we traded arms for hostages and personally I think he should be impeached. He did in fact violate a Congressional resolution

Let's not even get into his lies to the prosecutor over his affair with that Lewinsky girl. I mean, why didn't Obama tell the truth. He knew it would come out !!

As far as those secret meetings in Spain Autumn of 1980 to bargain the release of hostages after the election -- he knew full well sending GHWB would one day ome into the light of day. As well as the Silverado Savings.
    Why not just come clean ?

His involvement in Whitewater and the Rose Law Firm papers --

Chappaquiddick ??
    //////////////////////////////////////////////
    'nuf said ??

Benghazi -- questions ---- are you serious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    We are also more monitored every day that goes by.

The IRS one is full on abuse of power. Pretty sorry.
    Did Obama establish the NSA?
    Or do you believe that hasn't been going on for a while now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Did Obama establish the NSA?
    Or do you believe that hasn't been going on for a while now?
    No and No. But that really isn't the entire point is it?

After all that has come to light in regards to what\when\where we are being watched, he has signed the Patriot Act every year he has been in office, and its power has grown in his tenure, not shrunk correct? So I believe plenty of that responsibility has fallen on his shoulders. Transparency my a$$. And don't even get me started on masturbating on airplanes anymore... Thanks Osama!

Another failure has been his appointees that manage the Gulf of Mexico Fisheries. As long as we are coutin' an all.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Another failure has been his appointees that manage the Gulf of Mexico Fisheries. As long as we are coutin' an all.
    Above I pointed out the previous 4 Presidents and scandals that surrounded them. Including one manufactured.

The Fisheries !!!!!!!
    goes to show if one want s to find something to bitch about one can always find something to bitch about.
    The Fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico !!! That rivals oh say --- the response to Katrina -- yep.

This Presidency has gone relatively smooth to smooth
    A couple PR glitches and an unprovoked war -- oh wait ...

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Above I pointed out the previous 4 Presidents and scandals that surrounded them. Including one manufactured.

The Fisheries !!!!!!!
    goes to show if one want s to find something to bitch about one can always find something to bitch about.
    The Fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico !!! That rivals oh say --- the response to Katrina -- yep.

This Presidency has gone relatively smooth to smooth
    A couple PR glitches and an unprovoked war -- oh wait ...
    You are something else.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (06-03-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts

After all that has come to light in regards to what\when\where we are being watched, he has signed the Patriot Act every year he has been in office, and its power has grown in his tenure, not shrunk correct? So I believe plenty of that responsibility has fallen on his shoulders. Transparency my a$$. And don't even get me started on masturbating on airplanes anymore... Thanks Osama!

So your point is he hasn't been drastically different in either direction than any other president?
    Riveting stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I am at the point where I expect every president to be a disaster. Both sides care more about winning elections than the country actually doing well. Here is a novel concept, how about letting the party in power actually do what they want. If their policies fail then campaign on that. Both sides do nothing but obstruct when they are the minority and whine when they are in lower and getting obstructed.

I think Obama missed a big win not outing and ending the NSA spy program. But of course 90% of republicans that are upset now would be supporting the NSA if Obama ended it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (06-04-2014), Tapate50 (06-04-2014), VirginiaBrave (06-21-2014)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I am at the point where I expect every president to be a disaster. Both sides care more about winning elections than the country actually doing well. Here is a novel concept, how about letting the party in power actually do what they want. If their policies fail then campaign on that. Both sides do nothing but obstruct when they are the minority and whine when they are in lower and getting obstructed.

I think Obama missed a big win not outing and ending the NSA spy program. But of course 90% of republicans that are upset now would be supporting the NSA if Obama ended it.
    I think obamas just going through the motions. All he wanted to do was healthcare and he did that. Hillary is going to distance herself from the ACA, which says A lot.

No president will ever end the NSA spy program.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    No president will ever end the NSA spy program.
    Nor could he...or she.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

Not so sure about your first paragraph, but agree with you on the bolded portion.

The IRS thing doesn't bother me that much. I run a 501 (c) 6 and we were audited just before I took over as Executive Director and were found to be in violation of some relatively minor, but still substantive requirements in that we had classified a couple of people as contractors when they should have been classified as employees. Had to pay some back Social Security taxes. There has been a mushrooming of politically motivated non-profits across the spectrum and I think the IRS was trying to make sure that people were filing correctly as a 501 (c) 3, 501 (c) 4, or 501 (c) 6, all of which are different. The other aspect of this is how the groups are organized internally and the use of contractors versus employees in their operations. I know many believe the effort was targeted at the Tea Party alone, but that has not been borne out by recently released documents. Liberals can be as careless and mission-driven as conservatives and I'm sure a lot of progressive groups cut or ignored a lot of corners when assembling their non-profits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Both sides care more about winning elections than the country actually doing well. Here is a novel concept, how about letting the party in power actually do what they want. If their policies fail then campaign on that. Both sides do nothing but obstruct when they are the minority and whine when they are in lower and getting obstructed.

That is the system ! If elected you get to enact the policies you espouse and if you lose elected your opponent gets to enact the policy they espouse. And the minority has tools to block the majority.
    So yes, both sides are about winning elections.

Obama could not,will not end NSA. The policy is too entrenched. There was an intellegence community long before Obama too office and there will be an intellegence community long after he is gone.
    Might be wise to read up on J Edgar Hoover and his domestic spying programs and how entrenched they were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts

lol no president will ever do this. it's been going on forever. he can't, and won't, just end it.