Thread: Fire Fredi Gonzalez!

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Fire Fredi Gonzalez!

Petition starts here, I have been relatively neutral the past few years, in fact, I thought he was solid and made strides the past few years but his decesion making has been awful and I am tired of it. Lineup construction, bullpen roles and management, and playing time for the benches and matching up has been horrible. After last night, I've had it, this guy is a bafoon and needs to go.

I know we have the Fredi rant thread, but this is it. The guy needs to go and is beyond horrible.
    Last edited by Millwood1Hitter; 06-17-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

High School Draftee BravesfanMike's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Fredi just signed a contract extension, he aint goin' nowhere

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The second Wren's seat gets a little warm Fredi is gone. That said Wren's seat isn't even close to warm yet.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I don't think Fredi will be fired mid-season. But I don't think his position is secure either. I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone at the end of the year.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I don't think Fredi will be fired mid-season. But I don't think his position is secure either. I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone at the end of the year.
    We'll mak ethe postseason and he'll stick around
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    There are days I wish I were a dog.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

thethe (06-17-2014)

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    We'll mak ethe postseason and he'll stick around
    if we don't (and we're 50/50 at best now) he should go. So should Wren but he's probably going to pin it on Fredi and buy another year for himself.

We're a .500 team, both on field and off field problems. Fredi just lets his guys play, and they suck half the time. Wren just added one low OBP guy after another, and we can't score runs. They're both responsible IMO.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Wren has done a phenomenal job with the circumstances he's been given.
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

57Brave (06-17-2014)

High School Draftee BravesfanMike's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Fredi is going nowhere soon

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The Braves’ contract-extension spree continued Wednesday, only this time it was the guys who make out the lineup cards and the personnel moves getting re-signed.

Manager Fredi Gonzalez and general manager Frank Wren each signed contract extensions, the terms of which the Braves said they won’t disclose. The two were entering the final year of their current deals, and president John Schuerholz said the Braves wanted to get them extended now. It means both are signed through at least 2015.

“They’ve done wonderful jobs for us and we’re glad we were able to get that done,” Schuerholz said, standing in front of the dugout at Champion Stadium as the Braves stretched before their first full-squad workout. “We’re not going to talk about the terms. But they have been extended.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    He should have been fired after our epic 10 game collapse. A better manager in Francona was that year for the same type of collapse. And just cause he signed an extension doesn't mean he can't be fired. Having said that, I believe we would have to miss the playoffs at least two years in a row for him to get fired unfortunately.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    I don't see the point in this thread, mainly for two reasons. First, Fredi is not going to be fired. Certainly not after getting a new year on this contract. Second, this was started after last night's game, in which Fredi is the last person to get blamed. If you have 12 hits, you better be scoring more than one dad gum run. The offense shoulders the blame for last night's game. I don't agree with everything Fredi does, but blaming him for the constant offensive failures is getting a bit much. If any coach should be in trouble, it's Greg Walker.

Fredi doesn't make the right moves all the time (Newsflash: No manager ever does), but sooner or later, some people are going to have to hold the players on the field accountable and stop blaming Gonzalez 100% of the time.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Bravesfan205 (06-17-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    As I said afterthe NLDS, Fredi needs to be told its NLCS or your fired. Maybe if his job is on the line he would manage like it. Desperate times call for desperate moves, not David Carpenter. If his job was on the line I think Uggla would not be on the team and BJ would bat 9th. Lsdt time Struggla started he flat out lost the game with his errors yet we all know he will start Dan again.

Fredi needs to get the Matt Millen treatment.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I don't see the point in this thread, mainly for two reasons. First, Fredi is not going to be fired. Certainly not after getting a new year on this contract. Second, this was started after last night's game, in which Fredi is the last person to get blamed. If you have 12 hits, you better be scoring more than one dad gum run. The offense shoulders the blame for last night's game. I don't agree with everything Fredi does, but blaming him for the constant offensive failures is getting a bit much. If any coach should be in trouble, it's Greg Walker.

Fredi doesn't make the right moves all the time (Newsflash: No manager ever does), but sooner or later, some people are going to have to hold the players on the field accountable and stop blaming Gonzalez 100% of the time.
    Thank you. I'm glad there are reasonable people left. Between BJ, Uggla, infield fly, etc....so much has NOT been Fredi's fault.

Where are we in the standings right now? How many managers get fired while the team is in first or a game out? Some of these posters would have committed suicide or worse in the 80's, as I really doubt they know what bad really is.