Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
Adding up the parts, and learning from TV that there's no such thing as a coincidence, I've come to decide that every single thing we seem to be complaining about on this site is the direct fault of that silent but meddling ownership in Denver.

Liberty Media, once some greenlit signing Ervin Santana for the season, has been putting the screws to the Braves ever since. Consider the entire run of frustrations of the Uggla Situation. It is foolish to think Fredi or Frank Wren are behind keeping him on the roster, a virtually inactive 25th man who is the highest paid player on the team.

The Braves fully intended to DFA Uggla over the all-star break over his tardiness (if you read between the lines of the Twitters overnight). The one-game suspension and ridiculous jerking around of Gosselin reeks of Liberty meddling.

Read Bowman's recent comment that the Braves have no operating capital to go after someone like Peavy for the final months of the season. It was pointed out by a writer on MLBTR that the Braves gave the Astros another prospect in the Bourn trade to avoid paying his full salary. Any reason to think it was any different in the Upton trade with Arizona?

The last (and certainly least) indicator is this June's draft. Colorado is anything but a hotbed of prep talent, yet the Braves drafted three Colorado high school players, none of whom was any serious consideration to sign. Again, no coincidences -- Liberty Media is based in Denver; someone was thrown a bone by having Junior be able to say he was drafted.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if dropping Santana's salary in the off-season will be what it takes for Uggla to be liberated, short of a trade.

I don't hate Liberty as much as I hated Time-Warner, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if both groups were in the same high-rise when the Big One hits.
Hmmm. Would you like to reconsider any of the above?