Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: World Travel

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Milan is a great base to get up to Munchen (if that's what the plan is - I couldn't tell if you meant Munich and Milan as two separate trips). You should take the train up through Switzerland and spend a night or two in Zurich. Alternatively, LCCs out of Milan offer some of the cheapest rates I've seen in Europe.

I went to Oktoberfest about 3-4 years ago, by myself. What a **** show. I was in Germany for other reasons and decided on going down at the last minute. Didn't have any reservations and ended up being forced to stay at this random youth campground on the outskirts of the city. It was cold and I ended up getting sick at the end of the time I was there (which I'm sure the alcohol contributed to) and had to take an express train to Frankfurt just so I could get a hotel room and take a hot shower. My suggestion would be to start making reservations ASAP (for both lodging and beer tents). And find some cool Lederhosen.

Also, you'll be surprised at the overwhelming stench of horse**** that's everywhere. So much horse****.

But so worth it.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    lol

yeah, flown into Milan a few times as the jumping point to go places

gonna finally spend a little time in Milan this time but somehow been in the airport or train station there half a dozen times and never gone out there

plan is to head north asap but over there for 3 weeks and only doing opening weekend of Oktoberfest.

thinking of checking out Lichtenstein on the way north to Belgium. We are going to go around some trappist ale abbeys (my favorite type of beer). I am kicking the idea to friends about taking the chunnel from Brussels to London and finally catching an Arsenal game in person and then maybe head to Scotland (part of my motherland) before heading back into Germany and then down to the festival

yeah, we are already looking at places to stay. good call on the beer tent situation

sounds like a blast of a trip you had though.

can't wait
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Nashville has a very good brewery with an Abbey as its flagship beer. Black Abbey is the Brewery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    any of y'all been to Tunisia recently?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Went to the DR for a couples trip back in Feb. Rented a house off VRBO with cook, house keeper, and butler type guy. Food, drink, etc.. was fantastic. Had better meals prepared by the chef than eating out all week.

Played two unbelievable golf courses. "Teeth of the Dog" and "Dye Four" both built and designed by Pete Dye. Teeth gets all the pub because its on the carribean, but for me Dye Four was a masterpiece with unreal views. Both were unreal as in top courses in the world, but all the people and views made them really unforgettable.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Heading to Mexico in a few weeks. Then this Summer - Ukraine, Poland, and the UK.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    As a person who lived in almost all of Europe, I am happy everyone is enjoying themselves.

I lost a dear friend in the Milan airplane crash in 2001. She would have been a potential future girlfriend/wife. Her best friend told me and I was devastated. She was German. She came to Iowa (Davenport) when I lived there (Cedar Rapids) and that is how we met.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Heading to Mexico in a few weeks. Then this Summer - Ukraine, Poland, and the UK.
    of course, pictures ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    of course, pictures ?
    I'm with my friend Steak Sauce, we want lots of pics!!! I have a friend and coworker who is going to Germany, Poland, and Denmark this summer and here I am not even able to go to Florida. :(

By the way Goldy, if you're going to Tunisia it might be good to go before Summer sets in. Just a thought.

Remember everyone, lots of pics for those of us who have to vacation vicariously through you this year!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-23-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    So, will be going to Europe for a little over a week at the end of May into June (before the 3 weeks in September)

a couple days in London (although might not even make it into proper London) and gonna be in Italy for a few days.

the rest up in the air

really kicking the idea of 3 days in either: Romania, Tunisia or Israel

thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    decided on London for a couple days, Scotland for a couple days and Liverpool and Manchester and gonna be in Milan and stopping in Venice for a night