Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: GDT: 19 July 2013: Braves at White Sox

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chopdrew View Post
    If you called him Heywood, no wonder he was a jerk.
    All he said was "hey, would you sign this ball?" and Jason was all like "Don't call me Haywood."

Arizona Fall Leaguer BravesBlock's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    All he said was "hey, would you sign this ball?" and Jason was all like "Don't call me Haywood."
    Lol
    That was a typo. I know his name. For someone who hasn't done much in the game he acts like he is the all star team leader of the braves. Chipper could claim that mantle but Jason hasn't consistently put up the numbers to posess the attitude he displays. I hope they trade him when he is on a hot streak for a TOR pitcher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Im too embarrassed to admit how many times I had to read this before I got the joke...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesBlock View Post
    Lol
    That was a typo. I know his name. For someone who hasn't done much in the game he acts like he is the all star team leader of the braves. Chipper could claim that mantle but Jason hasn't consistently put up the numbers to posess the attitude he displays. I hope they trade him when he is on a hot streak for a TOR pitcher.
    I've seen nothing to back this up in the real world. Were you a Francouer fan by any chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    No. I thought he was what he has turned out to be. Thank goodness he turned down the Braves original offer. He really cost himself a lot of money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Lol
    That's a clown post, bro.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (07-20-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Lol
    Seriously, what evidence do you have to back this up? Heyward's never come across as a bad guy to anyone I know, and I've had the fortune of interacting with him a few times, and he's always been nothing but warm and polite. Are you Bill Shanks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Evidence? Do you expect these guys to prove EVERYONE is black!?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-22-2013), Mrs. Meta (07-20-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Lol
    Ok Who approved Bill's account?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I am not Bill. And I dislike him for reasons other than Bill. I have met him personally three times and each time I came away from the meeting thinking what a pr***! I just don't have faith in his talents (and I do believe be has some) to the degree he and some posters on here believe.

I seriously hope the braves trade him but until they do I hope he proves me wrong, seriously wrong.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    He's coming off a 6+ WAR season at 23 yrs old.

And what ace is he getting us realistically?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I am not Bill. And I dislike him for reasons other than Bill. I have met him personally three times and each time I came away from the meeting thinking what a pr***! I just don't have faith in his talents (and I do believe be has some) to the degree he and some posters on here believe.

I seriously hope the braves trade him but until they do I hope he proves me wrong, seriously wrong.
    Well, I guess theres no changing your mind. I just hope you're not one of those people who walks up to an athlete at 2 am at marietta diner expecting to get their butt kissed and walks away with their feelings hurt after they act like its not on their list of things to do to sign the 30 items you have with you. But you are wrong about heyward, and i suspect your skepticism towards his talent has a lot more to do with things that have nothing to do with his talent...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I thought he may just be having a bad day the first couple if times I met him but have come to realize that us just who he is. I have never asked him for an autograph and at this point wouldn't want it if he offered. I definitely have my opinion of him and others here disagree. Time will tell who is right I just hope the braves dump him before other teams realize he isn't as talented as some may think. And as far what TOR starter we could get by packaging him - who knows? He is after all coming off at 6+ war at the age of 23. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I thought he may just be having a bad day the first couple if times I met him but have come to realize that us just who he is. I have never asked him for an autograph and at this point wouldn't want it if he offered. I definitely have my opinion of him and others here disagree. Time will tell who is right I just hope the braves dump him before other teams realize he isn't as talented as some may think. And as far what TOR starter we could get by packaging him - who knows? He is after all coming off at 6+ war at the age of 23. Lol
    lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    It's the height of ignorance to want a guy traded based on your personal opinion of his personality. Thank you for indicating to me how seriously i should take your opinion of anything baseball related from here on out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chopdrew View Post
    It's the height of ignorance to want a guy traded based on your personal opinion of his personality. Thank you for indicating to me how seriously i should take your opinion of anything baseball related from here on out.
    And this is just my opinion. I have met him. I don't like him. I don't believe he is as talented as others proclaim. I think he is a jerk. I hope the Braves trade him. All my personal opinions. Just wanted to express my opinion of him and to state for the record that I am not a fan although I will pull for him because of the name on the front side of his jersey. I see so many falling over themselves on this board over him. I just disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    And this is just my opinion. I have met him. I don't like him. I don't believe he is as talented as others proclaim. I think he is a jerk. I hope the Braves trade him. All my personal opinions. Just wanted to express my opinion of him and to state for the record that I am not a fan although I will pull for him because of the name on the front side of his jersey. I see so many falling over themselves on this board over him. I just disagree.
    lol.
    It's a very bad idea to give up on such a young player who has shown how good he can be. Many of us here are worried about him because of 2011 and this year, but it's far from time to give up. Look at Dom Brown in Philly. Fans THIS SEASON early on wanted him gone. And that's why fans don't make decisions. We're fickle and impatient. Heyward was incredible last year and can do it all. Not a guy you give up on just yet.