Thread: Springfield, Canton, or Cooperstown?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts

Springfield, Canton, or Cooperstown?

We just finished a 3 week stretch of the Hall of Fame merry go-round for each sport.

This is obviously predominantly a baseball board, so I wouldn't be surprised if everyone here is biased to Cooperstown.

Which Hall do you feel is harder to get into, and which one do you feel is more exclusive? Which one does a better job at making sure only the deserving get in?

Every year in the football hall of fame, feels like there's some guy who's been waiting 20-30 years to get inducted. Whereas in baseball, the writers and committee usually get it right. Not sure how basketball's hall works, I was surprised to see Stern already inducted so quickly a mere few months after retiring. Now that the rules have changed for baseball's to 10 years of eligibility, I feel it's only going to get tougher for some guys to get in. Committee votes will be even more important... we may even see Murph get in eventually via the committee.

Also, maybe someone can clarify for me... I know the Basketball Hall of Fame includes collegiate players too, whereas Canton is Pro Football. I am not sure if Cooperstown has ever inducted any college or minor league personalities.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    1- Basketball
    2- MLB
    3- NFL

NFL has the largest rosters, so I think that is one of the bigger reasons why people end up "waiting" but also they let in the most people every year. MLB I would put 2nd because of the stupid veterans committee and they let a lot of questions people in. NBA, off the top of my head I can't really recall going "WTF they inducted him???" it seems like the other 2 sports have many more of those moments...obviously I'd have to look into a little more deeply but off the top of my head that's the way I feel it ranks.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Why omitthe Hockey Hall of Fame from this discussion? For planning a trip, there's plenty more to in Toronto. Cooperstown is nice, but it's sort of in the middle of no where. We're planning an early fall excursion to Canton. Canton allows tailgating, which is an interesting twist.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Knucksie For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (08-12-2014)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucksie View Post
    Canton allows tailgating, which is an interesting twist.
    i had no problem drinking in the streets or a problem with my bloody mary at the induction ceremony in Cooperstown a few weeks ago

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (08-14-2014)