Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Carol's opinion on an abusive husband is not the baseline here. She was abused by her husband. That plays a huge role in her opinion.
    Fair point but I don't think Rick disagrees and his motives would be other than the sympathy for an abused wife.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Fair point but I don't think Rick disagrees and his motives would be other than the sympathy for an abused wife.
    I tend to agree that Rick doesn't disagree, but we don't KNOW yet. But I'm also not sure I disagree, under the circumstances. There are certain kinds of people you don't want by your side or at your back during the zombie apocalypse. Someone who abuses their wife and kid is on that list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I tend to agree that Rick doesn't disagree, but we don't KNOW yet. But I'm also not sure I disagree, under the circumstances. There are certain kinds of people you don't want by your side or at your back during the zombie apocalypse. Someone who abuses their wife and kid is on that list.
    Another fair point. What is "known" in our reality is certainly not "known" in this alternate universe.

I just see some that aren't ever going to be able to adapt back to into normalized society if it ever gets there. Sasha for instance has no chance IMO.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I just see some that aren't ever going to be able to adapt back to into normalized society if it ever gets there. Sasha for instance has no chance IMO.
    Yeah. I can agree with that. But I also don't really think you can shape a new normalized society off values from the old society.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    I thought they were going to incorporate a bit more into the season finale. Thought it was good but not as good as some of the other finales.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,999 Posts
    Wow. That was some of the most intense 90 minutes of television I've seen. Fan-****ing-tactic season finale. Awesome to see Morgan finally back in the mix after teases over the course of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Wow. That was some of the most intense 90 minutes of television I've seen. Fan-****ing-tactic season finale. Awesome to see Morgan finally back in the mix after teases over the course of the season.
    I thought it was pretty good as well. Still more setting up than finishing which is not what I would expect out of a finale.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I thought it was pretty good as well. Still more setting up than finishing which is not what I would expect out of a finale.
    It's how the show functions at the core. It's doing the Lost thing. CLose a story line, open 2 push an old one to the side t omake people wonder WTF is going on. It's lazy writing. I stopped watching sometime in season 3 for that reason. That and the plodding. The show had a clear goal, plodding episodes that don't advance the plot, then a few that rush it along. I think the biggest miss in the Walking Dead is they don't make life in the Zombie World seem as scary as it is. I'm not saying more people have to die, but I'd like to at least see people be severely nervous and jumpy, not move around like a Navy Seal team.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It's how the show functions at the core. It's doing the Lost thing. CLose a story line, open 2 push an old one to the side t omake people wonder WTF is going on. It's lazy writing. I stopped watching sometime in season 3 for that reason. That and the plodding. The show had a clear goal, plodding episodes that don't advance the plot, then a few that rush it along. I think the biggest miss in the Walking Dead is they don't make life in the Zombie World seem as scary as it is. I'm not saying more people have to die, but I'd like to at least see people be severely nervous and jumpy, not move around like a Navy Seal team.
    It's several years into the new world. The people that are left aren't the jumpy ones and the ones that still are die quickly.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    It's several years into the new world. The people that are left aren't the jumpy ones and the ones that still are die quickly.
    False. The people who'd survive are the jumpy ones. The ones that are too dumb/whatever to be cautious would be the ones to go. Sur ethere would be a certain confidence that would come from living this long, but that's just it, you wouldn't lose your core fear. Either of the Zombies, or of other humans. You have to realize essentially these humans are like the nomads of old. Very tribal, wild, and untrusting. THe ones who died off are the ones who cling too hard to the way things used to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    False. The people who'd survive are the jumpy ones. The ones that are too dumb/whatever to be cautious would be the ones to go. Sur ethere would be a certain confidence that would come from living this long, but that's just it, you wouldn't lose your core fear. Either of the Zombies, or of other humans. You have to realize essentially these humans are like the nomads of old. Very tribal, wild, and untrusting. THe ones who died off are the ones who cling too hard to the way things used to be.
    The walkers are not threatening and easily killed. The ones that freak out evwry time a walker is around are the ones that do stupid **** and die.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    You are also confusing a lack of fear with a lack of caution. I assure you the main group is extremely cautious in everything they do.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    The walkers are not threatening and easily killed. The ones that freak out evwry time a walker is around are the ones that do stupid **** and die.
    That will change at some point next season.

As far as the writing goes it has gotten better because they are sticking to the source material pretty much spot on now. The first few seasons they used it as a guideline but now everything is almost spot on for what they can do since some characters were changed and died off earlier, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    That will change at some point next season.

As far as the writing goes it has gotten better because they are sticking to the source material pretty much spot on now. The first few seasons they used it as a guideline but now everything is almost spot on for what they can do since some characters were changed and died off earlier, etc.
    Interesting. Unless there is some form of mutation I can't see how that would happen.

NO SPOILERS!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    Well they are still easily killed but assuming they stick with the comics there will be a serious zombie threat next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Interesting. Unless there is some form of mutation I can't see how that would happen.

NO SPOILERS!
    Well you have to think. At this point the strongest humans have survived, so they realize to burn/decapitate/put a bullet in the dead. So the number of new zombies is going to be small. The ones still alive are effectively some of the stronger ones. But I'm shocked if the show is in Alexandria that they haven't talked about the packs yet. THat was mentioned well before Alexandria IIRC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    A very good episode, but more a penultimate than a finale.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    Well you have to think. At this point the strongest humans have survived, so they realize to burn/decapitate/put a bullet in the dead. So the number of new zombies is going to be small. The ones still alive are effectively some of the stronger ones. But I'm shocked if the show is in Alexandria that they haven't talked about the packs yet. THat was mentioned well before Alexandria IIRC.
    Spoiler: 
    If you are talking about zombie herds then they have been shown a couple of times and the Governor made mention of them a few times as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Yes the herds. I forgot what terminology they used. It's been like 2 years or more since I last read the comics. My free comic site went down and I haven't bothered looking for a new one yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    How does Rick not get infected after taking a face full of zombie blood? Morgan handles that stick very well.