Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2053

Thread: Ferguson....

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    DECEMBER 15, 2014DOCUMENT: Investigation"Witness 40": Exposing A Fraud In Ferguson
    TSG unmasks witness who spun fabricated tale
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ness-40-496236
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    wanted it on the same page as witness 40 story
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    wanted it on the same page as witness 40 story
    why do you hate America?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    And why do these people loot and burn- riot.
    Maybe that is the only way to get recognized and their plight discussed.

Just a thought
    \\\\\\\\\\\

The arguments and rationalizations that have been trotted out in support of racial exclusion and discrimination in its various forms have changed and evolved, but the outcome has remained largely the same. An extraordinary percentage of black men in the United States are legally barred from voting today, just as they have been throughout most of American history. They are also subject to legalized discrimination in employment, housing, education, public benefits and jury service, just as their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents once were.

http://billmoyers.com/content/book-e...-new-jim-crow/

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    And why do these people loot and burn- riot.
    Maybe that is the only way to get recognized and their plight discussed.

Just a thought
    \\\\\\\\\\\

The arguments and rationalizations that have been trotted out in support of racial exclusion and discrimination in its various forms have changed and evolved, but the outcome has remained largely the same. An extraordinary percentage of black men in the United States are legally barred from voting today, just as they have been throughout most of American history. They are also subject to legalized discrimination in employment, housing, education, public benefits and jury service, just as their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents once were.

The only way to get recognized and their plight discussed is to hurt the innocent? I just don't get how that's right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    We are discussing it-- right ?

Ever used a tea kettle ? The water begins to boil and pressure builds inside. It has to escape or the vessel will explode. Fortunately an inventive person discovered if you leave a small escape for the steam pressure it will not only whistle alerting you when your tea water is ready but also provides an escape for the pressure built up inside the pot.

If you innocently put your had over the spout you will get scalded. We should tell the water not to boil and the steam not try to escape ?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    We are discussing it-- right ?

Ever used a tea kettle ? The water begins to boil and pressure builds inside. It has to escape or the vessel will explode. Fortunately an inventive person discovered if you leave a small escape for the steam pressure it will not only whistle alerting you when your tea water is ready but also provides an escape for the pressure built up inside the pot.

If you innocently put your had over the spout you will get scalded. We should tell the water not to boil and the steam not try to escape ?

So it is okay to demolish a minority owned small business so as to be recognized? Why is that morally correct? How can anyone say that it is? I don't get it.

Would it have been okay for protestors to have raped the minority owner of the small business before they robbed the store and burned it down? Or how about raping her, murdering her, robbing the store, and burning it down? Since that would give them more notoriety according to your moral calculus I suppose it would have been even better. She should have left anyway. Suppose she deserved it.

That's not what you think 57. I know it is not.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 12-21-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    i dont think any of this is "okay"
    i dont think the purging of voter roles targeted at minorities is "okay"
    i dont think profiling for loans is "okay"
    i dont think there being a disproportionate number of minorities being incarcerated is "okay"
    i dont think rogue cops are "okay"
    i dont think rogue renta cops shooting kids with hoodies is "okay"
    I dont think there being nothing done about the prevalence of weapons on our streets is "okay".
    i dont think cops shooting 12 year olds with toy guns "okay"
    i don't think gun rights people booing Gabby Giffords "okay"

i dont think the culture of disrespect towards those that disagree with the royal you is "okay"
    i dont think rudy guilliani is now or ever has been "okay"
    i dont think fox news ginning up a race war is "okay"

having said all of that the inner city contempt for police was not born in a vacuum. Perhaps like NYC mayor and others trying to address the level of contempt would be more helpful than taking sides and protecting turf.
    How's bouts we have these discussions . Uncomfortable and as inconvenient as they might be.

i dont think staring at mixed couples on the street is "okay"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-21-2014 at 09:31 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (12-21-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Good. No need to legitimize a lawlessness that targets the innocent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    and people wonder why there are inner city riots - looting etc.
    Some of the numbers in this article are breath taking

///////////////////
    The impact of the drug war has been astounding. In less than thirty years, the US penal population exploded from around 300,000 to more than 2 million, with drug convictions accounting for the majority of the increase.

The United States now has the highest rate of incarceration in the world, dwarfing the rates of nearly every developed country, even surpassing those in highly repressive regimes like Russia, China and Iran. In Germany, 93 people are in prison for every 100,000 adults and children. In the United States, the rate is roughly eight times that, or 750 per 100,000.

The racial dimension of mass incarceration is its most striking feature. No other country in the world imprisons so many of its racial or ethnic minorities. The United States imprisons a larger percentage of its black population than South Africa did at the height of apartheid. In Washington, DC, our nation’s capitol, it is estimated that three out of four young black men (and nearly all those in the poorest neighborhoods) can expect to serve time in prison. Similar rates of incarceration can be found in black communities across America.

These stark racial disparities cannot be explained by rates of drug crime. Studies show that people of all colors use and sell illegal drugs at remarkably similar rates. If there are significant differences in the surveys to be found, they frequently suggest that whites, particularly white youth, are more likely to engage in drug crime than people of color. That is not what one would guess, however, when entering our nation’s prisons and jails, which are overflowing with black and brown drug offenders. In some states, black men have been admitted to prison on drug charges at rates twenty to fifty times greater than those of white men. And in major cities wracked by the drug war, as many as 80 percent of young African-American men now have criminal records and are thus subject to legalized discrimination for the rest of their lives. These young men are part of a growing undercaste, permanently locked up and locked out of mainstream society.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 12-22-2014 at 08:38 AM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Damn. Sadly another shooting that left a young man dead near ferguson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Oh man, this is not going to be good. Not enough evidence our right now to know exactly what happened.
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Oh man, this is not going to be good. Not enough evidence our right now to know exactly what happened.

You following? At least they got this guys gun. He has an impressive criminal record too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You following? At least they got this guys gun. He has an impressive criminal record too.
    Yeah, the early indicators is this guy was another winner but prior history doesn't give you the right to kill someone. If we was in fact pointing a gun at the officers then all bets are off.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    The thug got what he deserves....a dirt nap.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Watching the security footage I saw wasn't conclusive, but it looks from what I saw that he pulled a gun, that being said, it's super hard to see. If he pulled a gun and pointed it or started pointing it towards to officer he should be shot. Simple.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Watching the security footage I saw wasn't conclusive, but it looks from what I saw that he pulled a gun, that being said, it's super hard to see. If he pulled a gun and pointed it or started pointing it towards to officer he should be shot. Simple.
    Yeah, thats what I saw as well. Couple that with his history and it certainly looks like the police were in the right on this one.

But, even if that were the case I'm sure we will see more senseless rioting.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What is sad that this is going to happen more and more as my race believe that making the po po hesitate they can get away with schit.

You need to look at yourself and ask why commit a crime, go get a damn job, an education, you keep doing schit like this is going to get you killed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    What is sad that this is going to happen more and more as my race believe that making the po po hesitate they can get away with schit.

You need to look at yourself and ask why commit a crime, go get a damn job, an education, you keep doing schit like this is going to get you killed.
    What worse is that people like this are going to make your life harder AA.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    What worse is that people like this are going to make your life harder AA.
    Not really. I am safe here in Wisconsin.

The police will not harass me unless they want to get an ear full. All I have to do is make one call. They know it.