Thread: Ferguson....

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    The second video is bad police work and the guy is being punished as you and Zito like to claim nothing ever happens.

Here is an interesting list:

http://gawker.com/unarmed-people-of-...349/+tcraggs22

Many of the officers involved in these incidents were arrested. Many of these were certainly justifiable based on the descriptions. (I certainly wouldn't claim someone pointing a BB gun around as unarmed; how would anyone know it was fake). Many of the cases were suspects resisting arrests.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But I was just told that if you don't do anything wrong, you'll never be in danger.
    You are projection the total number which doesn't consist of just the types of incidents you presented above. Your statement of you are more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist is then extremely misleading.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But I was just told that if you don't do anything wrong, you'll never be in danger.
    Generally speaking that's true. These are exceptions to the rule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Generally speaking that's true. These are exceptions to the rule.
    Well you know...a domestic terrorist in Oklahoma chopped off a womens head. I guess Sturg now believes we are all at danger!
    Natural Immunity Croc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Garmel (12-08-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Well you know...a domestic terrorist in Oklahoma chopped off a womens head. I guess Sturg now believes we are all at danger!
    Oh, God!!!! We're all going to die!!!!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I'm not the one who says you'll never get hurt if you're doing nothing wrong.

That was you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    “Your ancestors dragged these black people from their homes by force; and in the white man’s quest for wealth and an easy life they have been ruthlessly suppressed and exploited, degraded into slavery. The modern prejudice against Negroes is the result of the desire to maintain this unworthy condition.” -- Albert Einstein, 1946

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    “Your ancestors dragged these black people from their homes by force; and in the white man’s quest for wealth and an easy life they have been ruthlessly suppressed and exploited, degraded into slavery. The modern prejudice against Negroes is the result of the desire to maintain this unworthy condition.” -- Albert Einstein, 1946
    This was said in 1946 when injustices against blacks were disgusting. A lot has changed since that time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    This was said in 1946 when injustices against blacks were disgusting. A lot has changed since that time.
    AA, did you benefit from the heinous act of white peoples ancestors?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    let me understand -- we are to follow a document to the letter written in the 18th century (or a book in the 15th century for that matter ) but what Einstein said in 1946 is outdated .

For the record I completely agree with both thethe and Einstein. Yes thethe, things have changed. But, - same face behind a different mask

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%...ghts%22_speech

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    “The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism is a complex system of social and political levers and pulleys set up

generations ago to continue working on the behalf of whites at other people’s expense, whether whites know/like it or not. Racism is an insidious cultural disease. It is so

insidious that it doesn’t care if you are a white person who likes black people; it’s still going to find a way to infect how you deal with people who don’t look like you. Yes, racism

looks like hate, but hate is just one manifestation. Privilege is another. Access is another. Ignorance is another. Apathy is another. And so on. So while I agree with people who

say no one is born racist, it remains a powerful system that we’re immediately born into. It’s like being born into air: you take it in as soon as you breathe. It’s not a cold that

you can get over. There is no anti-racist certification class. It’s a set of socioeconomic traps and cultural values that are fired up every time we interact with the world. It is a

thing you have to keep scooping out of the boat of your life to keep from drowning in it. I know it’s hard work, but it’s the price you pay for owning everything.”
    — Scott Wood (X)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-12-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    “The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism is a complex system of social and political levers and pulleys set up

generations ago to continue working on the behalf of whites at other people’s expense, whether whites know/like it or not. Racism is an insidious cultural disease. It is so

insidious that it doesn’t care if you are a white person who likes black people; it’s still going to find a way to infect how you deal with people who don’t look like you. Yes, racism

looks like hate, but hate is just one manifestation. Privilege is another. Access is another. Ignorance is another. Apathy is another. And so on. So while I agree with people who

say no one is born racist, it remains a powerful system that we’re immediately born into. It’s like being born into air: you take it in as soon as you breathe. It’s not a cold that

you can get over. There is no anti-racist certification class. It’s a set of socioeconomic traps and cultural values that are fired up every time we interact with the world. It is a

thing you have to keep scooping out of the boat of your life to keep from drowning in it. I know it’s hard work, but it’s the price you pay for owning everything.”
    — Scott Wood (X)

I don't have anything to add.

Just want to see this thread reach 100 pages.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Abortion

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Torture

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Helping Runnin

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    AA, did you benefit from the heinous act of white peoples ancestors?
    ends justify the means eh?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post

Zito, forgot to mention that the cops were attacked by the protesters then they pulled out their guns to defend themselves.

But who needs details.......

"Avery Browne, chief of CHP’s Golden Gate Division, said the agency and other police departments have had plainclothes officers dressed in protester attire walking in these marches since the first demonstration Nov. 24, and he said they will continue to employ this tactic despite Tuesday’s incident.
    He said before the officers were outed Tuesday, they were able to collect enough information to prevent four more freeway shutdown attempts.
    Chief Browne said the officer also pulled out a badge and identified himself as law enforcement, as is department policy, though Short, other members of the media and protesters reported that they did not see a badge.
    The officers, who Browne said he is not identifying, had been trailing the crowd in an unmarked car and began following on foot at Ninth and Harrison streets, after vandals marching with the group had smashed the windows of a T-Mobile store in Oakland’s Chinatown neighborhood and made off with merchandise. A nearby Wells Fargo ATM was also damaged.
    When the protesters called them out as law enforcement officers at 27th and Harrison, a man punched the shorter officer in the back of the head and ended up struggling with him on the ground, Browne said."
    Last edited by Krgrecw; 12-11-2014 at 11:51 PM.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Narcs eh?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"