Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Ferguson....

So, the police force has pretty much declared war on our fellow citizen and is arresting reporters for covering the story

we also have people in Gaza sending tweets out to people in Ferguson to tell them how to deal with tear gas

what a sad and pathetic day in this country

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-14-2014), The Chosen One (08-14-2014)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Amen. It's sad that people riot, loot and burn their own neighborhood to the ground. What are they accomplishing or hoping to accomplish with these actions?

Oh sorry, Forgot that you choose not to mention any of that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

mossy (08-18-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    that's a non story imo

a story of a police force/gov't killing an unarmed teen, shooting rubber bullets and tear gas and flash bang grenades at peaceful protesters, coming into a private business and closing it when the cops didn't call for them, arresting reporters etc etc etc

is a story

and i thought the "big gov't haters" would agree.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    that's a non story imo

a story of a police force/gov't killing an unarmed teen, shooting rubber bullets and tear gas and flash bang grenades at peaceful protesters, coming into a private business and closing it when the cops didn't call for them, arresting reporters etc etc etc

is a story

and i thought the "big gov't haters" would agree.
    Goldfly have you ever made a post about James Rosin or the war on reporters in general by the most transparent administration in history?

Kind of odd for you to condemn this considering the only people in the country you would allow to have guns and carry them are agents of the state. Not odd for you to run your mouth and leave out all pertinent facts.

I believe in the end we ill find this 18 yo 300 lb monster attacked a policeman with the state of mind that he had just committed a robbery. Just like Trayvon Martin. When you attack someone carrying a gun you're likely to get shot. Darwinism at work. Perfect reason for more of you to learn how to use a pistol and carry it.

Still waiting for Iron pyrite to shout at the type his lungs "pull up your pants and finish school."

Your lack of values and politics have given us the current culture we live in. You are not a libertarian, you are not the party of science you are the let's do it if it feels good party of sociology.

80% of Asians graduate from HS - median household income 70k

78% of Caucasians graduate from HS - median Household income 60k

65% of Black graduate form HS - median household income 30k

These numbers are rough off the top of my head but they are telling. I don't know how they define graduate for the purpose of these numbers but I can tell you that to me numbers appear high to me if graduate is define as attending all four years. So Goldfly and the rest of you say it with me "Pull up your pants and finish school".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    even though i know you won't reply and won't be seen from again till like Nov

i will still reply

Quote Originally Posted by VOLracious View Post
    Goldfly have you ever made a post about James Rosin or the war on reporters in general by the most transparent administration in history?

Kind of odd for you to condemn this considering the only people in the country you would allow to have guns and carry them are agents of the state. Not odd for you to run your mouth and leave out all pertinent facts.

I believe in the end we ill find this 18 yo 300 lb monster attacked a policeman with the state of mind that he had just committed a robbery. Just like Trayvon Martin. When you attack someone carrying a gun you're likely to get shot. Darwinism at work. Perfect reason for more of you to learn how to use a pistol and carry it.

Still waiting for Iron pyrite to shout at the type his lungs "pull up your pants and finish school."

Your lack of values and politics have given us the current culture we live in. You are not a libertarian, you are not the party of science you are the let's do it if it feels good party of sociology.

These numbers are rough off the top of my head but they are telling. I don't know how they define graduate for the purpose of these numbers but I can tell you that to me numbers appear high to me if graduate is define as attending all four years. So Goldfly and the rest of you say it with me "Pull up your pants and finish school".
    yes, i have. i have shown my displeasure about Obama a lot but like most here, i don't expect you to ever notice that. You have painted your picture cause the places you get news from tells you i must be a certain way cause i don't agree with you on a certain point. btw, the president and gov't have done much worse than James Rosin to free press and whistleblowers in this country (weird for you to reference Rosin as if he is in jail for doing his job/the right thing)

that isn't odd at all actually but if this wasn't a time for the tea baggers to come to help and go against tyranny with their 2nd amendment rights, i don't know when then.

please, what facts have i left out?

a lot of assuming here. lack of values? suck a bag of dicks you self pretentious prick

These numbers are rough off the top of my head
    made up numbers to try to make a point? seems i should take that serious

So Goldfly and the rest of you say it with me "Pull up your pants and finish school".
    i wouldn't follow you anywhere and i don't care where their pants are

but yes, finish school

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Amen. It's sad that people riot, loot and burn their own neighborhood to the ground. What are they accomplishing or hoping to accomplish with these actions?
    They fear if they leave their own neighborhoods to protest they'll just get shot and I don't blame them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts

If this were happening to white people your outlook would be different.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-14-2014), jpx7 (08-14-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Its a shame that a few people (looters) have ruined what is a peaceful protest. Nobody knows exactly what happened on the day this young man was shot but it certainly seems like this officer did something criminal.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    This whole thing has turned into a circus per usual. Folks jumping to conclusions, looting, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. If it wasn't so sad it would almost be a good comedy skit.
    thank you weso1!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Carp (08-20-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

That's because they would be shot and killed like wild animals if they went outside of their own community....say to a white community. But let's take a look at things.... The looting and burning is wrong but who really owns those properties and businesses....non minorities huh?

It's completely wrong to loot etc but people have had enough and tired of white authority disrespecting minorities. We all know justice WILL NOT be served. Those white cops will get away Scott free!!!! As an officers daughter I'm so sickened by this BS.
    The Joker: Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    why do police have tanks?

serve and protect?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-14-2014), jpx7 (08-14-2014), sturg33 (08-15-2014)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    why do police have tanks?

serve and protect?
    Im guessing the tanks aren't provided by the police department. National Guard?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Im guessing the tanks aren't provided by the police department.
    Unfortunately, they are:

But here is something that makes no sense, that is inarguable: Ferguson (population: 21,135) has about 40 robberies per year, a couple of homicides, almost no arson cases and a crime rate only a bit higher than the national average. Indeed, the town’s crime rate was going down as of two years ago, when the last major data is available. Ditto in neighboring St Louis.

Now St Louis isn’t exactly the picture of safety, but two years ago the St Louis Police Department also acquired a Lenco BearCat armored military vehicle, a “tactical support vehicle” and a helicopter that’s popular with the Korean air force. Earlier this year, the US Department of Homeland Security donated a 22-ton Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle – the thing we used on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan – to the police department in nearby St Charles, Missouri (population: 66,463).
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    You don't believe any black or other minority owned businesses were harmed? And even if not, how is it right to burn their place of business down? How were they involved in the incident? If Iraq attacked us, should we go attack Saudi Arabia?

Your spelling sucks so I'm not sure how serious or educated you are, but this incident is being reviewed by the FBI, DOJ, and other government agencies. To say he will go off "Scott free" is premature. Hell, we don't even know all the circumstances with the shooting that has caused this mess.

<insert loud noises, capitalized words, and anger>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    You don't believe any black or other minority owned businesses were harmed? And even if not, how is it right to burn their place of business down? How were they involved in the incident? If Iraq attacked us, should we go attack Saudi Arabia?

Your spelling sucks so I'm not sure how serious or educated you are, but this incident is being reviewed by the FBI, DOJ, and other government agencies. To say he will go off "Scott free" is premature. Hell, we don't even know all the circumstances with the shooting that has caused this mess.

<insert loud noises, capitalized words, and anger>
    I'm done. My spelling sucks!!! I'll be the first person to admit that. But what does that have to do with my educational background? I worked hard for my two degrees so F U C K you!!!! I've never said anything mean or degrading to anyone on this board. But because I'm a black woman I can be disrespected like that.

If you want to ban me that's fine. I just can't take this side of the board anymore.
    The Joker: Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to njc108 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-14-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Hey giles
    way to be a dick.
    In fact it is you that should be banned for disrespecting another poster for the crime of disagreeing with you
    I would think apologies are in order.
    Public

Why do police have tanks?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njc108 View Post
    I'm done. My spelling sucks!!! I'll be the first person to admit that. But what does that have to do with my educational background? I worked hard for my two degrees so F U C K you!!!! I've never said anything mean or degrading to anyone on this board. But because I'm a black woman I can be disrespected like that.

If you want to ban me that's fine. I just can't take this side of the board anymore.
    I acknowledged I have no idea what your educational background was and I had no idea if you were black, white, male, female,indian, or bigfoot.

You didn't answer any of my question.

The woah is me crap needs to stop.

I can't ban you and have no desire to do so if I could.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    A very small and fringe element, on an earlier occasion, elected to opportunistically loot, which unfortunately distracts from the real and important non-violent protesting occurring in response to this tragedy.

Just because police are in riot-gear doesn't mean these protests are "riots". It's the wannabe-warrior domestic paramilitary force that wants to burn this neighborhood to the ground, not its grieving citizens.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (08-14-2014)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    A very small and fringe element, on an earlier occasion, elected to opportunistically loot, which unfortunately distracts from the real and important non-violent protesting occurring in response to this tragedy.

Just because police are in riot-gear doesn't mean these protests are "riots". It's the wannabe-warrior domestic paramilitary force that wants to burn this neighborhood to the ground, not its grieving citizens.
    Im not sure I would agree with that. I've see tear gas and rubber bullets, but I haven't seen police loot business or burn any to the ground just yet.

Unfortunately, in cases like this it is not grieving citizens. Its people that don't even wait till the facts are out or to determine if any action will be placed against the police officer. Its an opportunity to go act stupid and get some free ****. It's also an opportunity to speak out against "society" when society provides a lot to these same citizens. How many of them benefit from roads, utilities, police power, etc? How many of the people in this neighborhood receive welfare or have benefited from government programs?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Let the courts handle it. If the truth is, this young man did scuffle with the cops and did reach for the cops gun, the cop had to protect himself.