Thread: Superman vs Batman

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Superman vs Batman

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/officia...203738998.html

Instead, Zack Snyder came out on stage and announced, “It’s official that we are going to make another Superman movie. I’ve pored through the DC universe for a way to tell this thing.” With that, Harry Lennix who plays General Swanwick in Man Of Steel began quoting from Frank Miller’s 1986 The Dark Knight Returns and Miller’s follow-up Batman: Year One graphic novel series where an older Batman tricks Superman with Kryptonite and beats up the Man of Steel — then the scene ends with Batman faking his own death, a fact Superman becomes aware of at the funeral and keeps the secret: ”In all the years to come, in all the most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.” Snyder said the filmmakers won’t be using that source but it will help them in the story they’re telling

IMO, they need Christan Bale back to play Batman.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Already confirmed that Bale won't be Batman in the Justice League movie, so I think he's done as Batman. Only way he'd consider returning is under Nolan which Nolan seems done with the Batman universe.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    A) Money talks and I wouldn't be surprised if they put out misleading information on purpose. Nolan's a hush-hush kind of guy

B) they need Bale to be thier Robert Downey and carry the Justice League family of movies. They need a big name

c) if you go up against Star Wars (which could happen in 2015) you better bring your ****ing A game with every thing you have. The Disney marketing machine will have Star Wars plastered everywhere. Only way that DC can make a dent in that marketing is with Bale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Bale has enough money at this point. He can leave a project if he chooses. Unless Nolan is directing the Justice League movie, I'm fairly certain Bale won't be involved.

As far as big name draw, DC is so far behind marvel it isn't funny. Marvel did it right, DC needs to rework their movies, but honestly, DC doesn't have the character quality of Marvel. Once they get back Spiderman and X-Men things will get more awesome.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    DC overall doesn't have the depth of quality Super-heroes that Marvel has. I'd agree with that. But Superman and Batman are basically 1 and 2 most popular comic book heroes of all time. They could make 100 remakes of either one and each remake will bring in 200+ million in box office.

Playing the Waiting Game BremanFan88's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    Desperate attempt by DC to throw something together at comic-con. The "announcement" literally sounded like it was written in two minutes. DC will never have the success that Marvel Studios has had with their movie universe until they get away from Superman and Batman. You have to let other characters shine. The mainstream public had no idea who Iron Man was but Marvel had faith and better people then Zack Snyder and it worked. Now their's a Guardian's of the Galaxy movie coming. Just amazing.

And no Bale isn't coming back. In case you haven't noticed by now he's pretty pretentious and has always come across as having contempt for having to play a super hero. RDJ just wanted to be given a chance at being a lead man again and getting his friends to write the movies for him has kept him coming back...even though IM2 and 3 were train wrecks...but at least the Avengers is being handled by someone that knows what he's doing. If only DC and Fox(The Spiderman and Xmen movies are just garbage) knew what they were doing maybe we wouldn't have to keep seeing reboots and poor character translations. Superman sure did kill a lot of people in Man of Steel...that's exactly like him...
    All you need is Hart and Cox.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Not being smart, but who did Superman kill, other than Zod?

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Not being smart, but who did Superman kill, other than Zod?
    Thousands of citizens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    So the guy who ruined Superman is now going to ruin Batman? Sounds great.
    thank you weso1!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BremanFan88 View Post
    The mainstream public had no idea who Iron Man was
    I don't think that's entirely true, as there was a Fox Saturday morning animated Iron Man series along the lines of Spiderman and X-Men. Thor is probably a better example for your premise; as someone who hasn't/doesn't read comic-books, I certainly didn't know there was a Marvel character based on the Norse legend until the film was released.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I knew there was an Iron Man character, but I didn't know his name was Tony Stark until sometime around

Spoiler: 

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-23-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I don't think that's entirely true, as there was a Fox Saturday morning animated Iron Man series along the lines of Spiderman and X-Men. Thor is probably a better example for your premise; as someone who hasn't/doesn't read comic-books, I certainly didn't know there was a Marvel character based on the Norse legend until the film was released.
    That is true. Many people who are in a similar age as myself watched X-Men, Spiderman, and Iron Man growing up, so I'm more familiar with Iron Man than maybe people 10-20 years my senior.

Thor is very true though. And certainly the next crop of movies will be even more true with Gaurdians of the Galaxy and Ant Man.