Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC or Division - Why is BJ starting?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

WC or Division - Why is BJ starting?

If we are fighting for a berth in the playoffs, why in the world BJ is starting? He brings NOTHING, I mean ABSOLUTELY nothing to the team. He sucks at hitting, he loafs when on defense like I got my 15 mil so what, its guaranteed attitude, barks at the ump on any pitch that is called a strike. I can't stand him. I wish we never signed his sorry ass. He is the exact opposite of his brother, who is our best hitter and goes about his business like I want to win attitude.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (08-31-2014), Garmel (08-31-2014), jason27nc (08-31-2014), NinersSBChamps (08-31-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Did you see Heyward get irritated with him? He had to wait outside the dugout to cool off.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Did you see Heyward get irritated with him? He had to wait outside the dugout to cool off.
    No, what happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I think BJ should've waited outside the dugout.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

Gary82 (08-31-2014)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    I've got nothing for you, AA.

I've lost a lot of respect for Fredi that he continues to play him (unless he's being ordered to, which I highly doubt), and I probably won't have any left if he plays him after that bull**** last night. I know we'd be throwing away a lot of money, but he has to be released for the good of the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    I really wonder how much of this is Fredi just playing him and how much of this is upper management telling him to play him due to his contract.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Well, they didn't hesitate with Uggla. I mean, my God, Uggla completely lost it and had to go, but at least he looked like he gave a ****. BJ can eat a bag of dicks. I could care less what he does from here on out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I really wonder how much of this is Fredi just playing him and how much of this is upper management telling him to play him due to his contract.
    I've mentioned that before and got a lot of heat for it. That is the only thing that would make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    The loafing did it for me that is why I made this thread. I had enough of his act and playing.

Bobby would have benched him and probably wouldn't start for the rest of the season because he knows how important these games are in the "dogs" days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    The loafing did it for me that is why I made this thread. I had enough of his act and playing.

Bobby would have benched him and probably wouldn't start for the rest of the season because he knows how important these games are in the "dogs" days.
    This is out of character for Fredi, IMO. Fredi is the guy that benched Hanley Ramirez indefinitely in Florida for what he perceived to be loafing on the field. It just makes me think that playing him is an order that is coming from above him.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...izes-cody-ross

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    This is out of character for Fredi, IMO. Fredi is the guy that benched Hanley Ramirez indefinitely in Florida for what he perceived to be loafing on the field. It just makes me think that playing him is an order that is coming from above him.

Not going to disagree with you. I've said this many of times that those above Fredi are forcing his hands since they are giving millions to a piece is shat player.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Can someone briefly fill me in on what happened yesterday? I'm out in the badlands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Whatever you think of Fredi there is no doubt that we would be several games better if he was not on the team. A few games could be the difference in making the playoffs. That's on Fredi and Wren. Compounding mistakes is what the Mets do. That's not a winning strategy.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-31-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Can someone briefly fill me in on what happened yesterday? I'm out in the badlands.
    Yeah, me too, what inning/innings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Whatever you think of Fredi there is no doubt that we would be several games better if he was not on the team. A few games could be the difference in making the playoffs. That's on Fredi and Wren. Compounding mistakes is what the Mets do. That's not a winning strategy.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't disagree that Fredi is not a good manager. He wins because of the talent he is given, but that is the case with most managers. There aren't many that are like Buck Showalter who just know how to take a poor underachieving team and turn them into contenders seemingly overnight. Fredi is bad, but I don't think he is Kirk Gibson level bad.

I just think in this instance, his hands are being tied by those who gave BJ the big contract.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Today's lineup has BJ in it. I guess he can suck or loaf as much as he wants and he won't be punished for it.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Man on first with 2 outs. Slow grounder through the middle of the infield, BJ- didn't charge the ball until after Simmons didn't get to it. which allowed the runner to go to third base.

Simpson showed it a few times on replay showing how much he loafed to get the ball, saying that the runner never woulda made it to third if Bonfacio was out there.

On the way in to the dugout, Heyward had a brief conversation with BJ - but it's not clear what he said or even if he was mad. BJ went into the dugout, and Heyward stayed outside of it for a min or two.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (08-31-2014), tomahawkchop10 (08-31-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Got him fired last time. Might be why he's a little hesitant to do it again. Although Hanley was a star, and BJ is...we'll a BJ.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Everything in the next paragraph pertains to the season up until this point, or maybe until August.

With the amount of money B.J. is owed, you have to play him and let him try to figure it out. There's no way management will outright cut him with 3 yrs/$45 million left on the books. We're stuck with him, so we pretty much have no choice but to try to rehabilitate him and hope it works.

That being said, he should never, ever bat anywhere higher than 8th until he proves himself to be something other than what he's shown in his nearly 2 years here. And going forward, with the team being in a close pennant/wild card race, and with a better option now on the roster, B.J. should be limited to spot starts and pinch running. We have seen enough to know that he isn't going to get any better for the rest of the year, if ever.

I think the guys eyes are screwed up big time. He's missed some balls that should have been caught where it almost had to be a case of his eyes telling him the ball was in one spot when it was clearly somewhere else.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DirkPiggler For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-31-2014)

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawkchop10 View Post
    Got him fired last time. Might be why he's a little hesitant to do it again. Although Hanley was a star, and BJ is...we'll a BJ.
    He surely has been sucking up the field and salary structure...