Thread: What's up with Alex Wilson?

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts

What's up with Alex Wilson?

There's a fair amount of rah-rah journalism going around these days, and I guess I've done my share. But I've never ignored real news, and there is some pertaining to the Lynchburg closer, Alex Wilson. HE has just wound up an all-star season, but all we see on his status is "restricted list."

WTF is that? Players who violate the drug rules go there, but so do players who leave their club without permission. Does anyone know the lowdown on a guy who I would have ranked in thecurrent Prospect List if I could have found out this action by the Braves.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Restricted list - Players who fail to report within 10 days of the season, or who fail to come to a contract with the team prior to that time. Players on this list do not count towards the Reserved List or Active List limits. A player may remain on this list for two consecutive years before he is removed. Often, placing a player on the Restricted List is akin to releasing him without fully relinquishing his rights.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depley View Post
    Restricted list - Players who fail to report within 10 days of the season, or who fail to come to a contract with the team prior to that time. Players on this list do not count towards the Reserved List or Active List limits. A player may remain on this list for two consecutive years before he is removed. Often, placing a player on the Restricted List is akin to releasing him without fully relinquishing his rights.
    That's only one application of the list, and it doesn't apply here. Like I said, leaving the team without permission, a possible threatened retirement, even testing positive for drugs. That's a wide brush, and I am not about to paint Wilson with any of them until something more concrete has been announced.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (09-08-2014)