Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GDT 9/12/14 ATL @ TEX 8:05 EDT

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    We don't need a new manager we just need to give that manager a team he can succeed with. Basically cut the k's down.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    We don't need a new manager we just need to give that manager a team he can succeed with. Basically cut the k's down.
    We have a player that our manager has declared solely a platoon player in TOmmy LaStella who doesn't K all that much. Fredi loves strikeouts as long as the guys who K have a high BABIP (like Gosselin adn Johnson)

I'm gonna list 2 players who should be easy to guess (hopefully fangraphs is updated from last night)

Player A walks 10.3% of the time, strikes out 11.4% of the time, has a .068 iso, but a .290 BABIP despite a healthy 22.8 LD%

Player B walks 3.4% of the time, strikes out 18.4% of the time, has a 0.74 iso, but a .344 BABIP despite an averageish 17.7 LD%

Player A is clearly the superior hitter as he walks more, Ks less, hits more line drives and has similar power numbers. But player B is the one who gets batted in the second hole and player A is relegated to the 6/7 spot.

I'm tired of how Fredi manages, it's moronic, either bite the bullet and have Jason, TLS and Freddie be 3 lefties ina row (none of them are easy outs) or move Freddie to 4 and Justin to 3. Something different has to be done with this team and Fredi has done nothing good since he came here. His team played out of their minds to get him to the playoffs. This year they're slumping a bit but it mainly has to do with his own incompetence. Still cannot believe he left Johnson in there when we needed a hit the other day against a righty. Johsnon sucks defensively, put TLS or Terds to hit for him, then bring in Pena for defense. I'm sick of this team. I never said that under Bobby, while Bobby made dumb decisions, it wasn't a daily occurrence.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (09-14-2014), goldfly (09-15-2014)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    At this point zeets, LaStella hitting where you want him isn't going to magically have our team score 4+ runs a game.

And you must've forgotten the days when Bobby continuously threw Greg Norton out there with the game on the line.
    Forever Fredi

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    It won't magically change things, but it will put someone who can take a pitch behind Jason, and someone who does it and can make contact.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    We have a player that our manager has declared solely a platoon player in TOmmy LaStella who doesn't K all that much. Fredi loves strikeouts as long as the guys who K have a high BABIP (like Gosselin adn Johnson)

I'm gonna list 2 players who should be easy to guess (hopefully fangraphs is updated from last night)

Player A walks 10.3% of the time, strikes out 11.4% of the time, has a .068 iso, but a .290 BABIP despite a healthy 22.8 LD%

Player B walks 3.4% of the time, strikes out 18.4% of the time, has a 0.74 iso, but a .344 BABIP despite an averageish 17.7 LD%

Player A is clearly the superior hitter as he walks more, Ks less, hits more line drives and has similar power numbers. But player B is the one who gets batted in the second hole and player A is relegated to the 6/7 spot.

I'm tired of how Fredi manages, it's moronic, either bite the bullet and have Jason, TLS and Freddie be 3 lefties ina row (none of them are easy outs) or move Freddie to 4 and Justin to 3. Something different has to be done with this team and Fredi has done nothing good since he came here. His team played out of their minds to get him to the playoffs. This year they're slumping a bit but it mainly has to do with his own incompetence. Still cannot believe he left Johnson in there when we needed a hit the other day against a righty. Johsnon sucks defensively, put TLS or Terds to hit for him, then bring in Pena for defense. I'm sick of this team. I never said that under Bobby, while Bobby made dumb decisions, it wasn't a daily occurrence.

boom

#firefredi