Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GDT: 9-16-14: Nationals @ Braves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The sad part about this stupidity with Stella! is that he could've fought through struggles this year and been better for it next. If he wins the 2B job, and I think if Fredi's fired HE WILL, it'll be a shame he didn't get to see more of the league his first year.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason27nc View Post
    The Nats won this division by default. At one point I wasn't even sure they wanted to win it.
    They have a run differential of 123 runs, which is the highest in the NL. The next highest run differential is the Dodgers at 64 runs, almost half.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    The sad part about this stupidity with Stella! is that he could've fought through struggles this year and been better for it next. If he wins the 2B job, and I think if Fredi's fired HE WILL, it'll be a shame he didn't get to see more of the league his first year.
    Im not sure we fans aren't just too high on him. It clear the Braves did not want to call him up this year and gave Uggla way too much leash before trying other options. There could be reasons behind that. Yes, TLS will have a nice OBP, but he provides no pop and is a poor defender. So while he may be the best option (Gos hasn't been worse than him), I think people are making too big of a deal about him not starting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Im not sure we fans aren't just too high on him. It clear the Braves did not want to call him up this year and gave Uggla way too much leash before trying other options. There could be reasons behind that. Yes, TLS will have a nice OBP, but he provides no pop and is a poor defender. So while he may be the best option (Gos hasn't been worse than him), I think people are making too big of a deal about him not starting.
    You could be right, of course, and I'm sure that plays a part. The principle of how it all happened, however, is a sign of what's wrong with this team, in my opinion. Also highlighted in Freeman's "positive" statements about Fredi that really revealed that them feeling like he supports them is something NEW, which I think is just a product of his ass being on the line and him finally giving a ****.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    They have a run differential of 123 runs, which is the highest in the NL. The next highest run differential is the Dodgers at 64 runs, almost half.
    You do know what division they play in right?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You could be right, of course, and I'm sure that plays a part. The principle of how it all happened, however, is a sign of what's wrong with this team, in my opinion. Also highlighted in Freeman's "positive" statements about Fredi that really revealed that them feeling like he supports them is something NEW, which I think is just a product of his ass being on the line and him finally giving a ****.
    That's my biggest gripe as well. He took someone who was performing and then benched him.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (09-17-2014)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

Fredi not supporting his players has been one of my biggest gripes with him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gilesfan For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (09-17-2014)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason27nc View Post
    You do know what division they play in right?
    Have you seen the NL West? AL East?

a run differential 60 runs higher than another team isn't simply "the division they play in"

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    If you look at it, the Nationals aren't just a product of their division. They're 36-28 against the East, mostly because of a 13-3 mark against the Mets. 8-10 vs. Braves, 9-10 vs. Phillies, 6-5 vs. Marlins

17-16 vs. the NL Central, 24-9 against the NL West, including 9-4 against the Dodgers and Giants (as opposed to the Braves 2-11 mark against those teams). 10-10 Interleague (as opposed to our 7-13 mark.

They're a pretty darn good team.