Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This deserves its own thread

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    All I know is when the Braves lost the play in game it was Fredi's fault. Now that the A's did he's still a great manager and isn't to blame.

This board is hilarious.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChapelHillMatt For This Useful Post:

Heyward (10-01-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    All I know is when the Braves lost the play in game it was Fredi's fault. Now that the A's did he's still a great manager and isn't to blame.

This board is hilarious.
    We lost the play-in game because of the infield fly. No one blamed Fredi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    All else aside, there are several reasons cited for many of us wanting to part ways with Fredi. What are some concrete examples of why some of you want him to stay? Is it just about what you think he is like in the clubhouse? Or do some of you just think there isn't anything better out there? I notice some of you saying a change wouldn't improve the team that much, but isn't even a small improvement a big deal at this point?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

jason27nc (10-01-2014)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    All else aside, there are several reasons cited for many of us wanting to part ways with Fredi. What are some concrete examples of why some of you want him to stay? Is it just about what you think he is like in the clubhouse? Or do some of you just think there isn't anything better out there? I notice some of you saying a change wouldn't improve the team that much, but isn't even a small improvement a big deal at this point?
    I'm not attached to Fredi honestly. I just think it's comical how everyone always thinks losing is the managers fault. If you want a change that's fine but there isn't any manager in baseball that would win consistently with this offense. That's what I believe, it's a bad, bad offense. This team will NOT WIN until personal changes are made. Fredi has won in the past and can win again if he has the pieces to be successful. I don't believe he prevents us from winning.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChapelHillMatt For This Useful Post:

CrimsonCowboy (10-01-2014), Dalyn (10-01-2014), Heyward (10-01-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I'm not attached to Fredi honestly. I just think it's comical how everyone always thinks losing is the managers fault. If you want a change that's fine but there isn't any manager in baseball that would win consistently with this offense. That's what I believe, it's a bad, bad offense. This team will NOT WIN until personal changes are made. Fredi has won in the past and can win again if he has the pieces to be successful. I don't believe he prevents us from winning.
    Sounds pretty good to me. At least you aren't just supporting him because you disagree with people who don't like him.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    This is where i am.

Firing Fredi wont make us a 95+ win team, the team has MAJOR holes/flaws that need to be fixed.

Every team mostly always blames their manager.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    While useful, that is isn't telling on how good a manager Bob Melvin is (and it is a night and day difference between him and Fredi). Ned Yost is a better comp to Fredi, though Yost is better than Fredi too IMO.
    Just curious, do you blame Melvin at all for Oakland losing in the play-in game?

It was clear as day Lester had lost it, should of took him out sooner.