Thread: Another reason I can't stand Bobby Cox!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Maddon is nothing special. A manager is only as good as his talent. Some of you just can't let go of the Fredi hate.
    Ok, I'll play your silly game. If a manager is only as good as his talent, why even have one? If you knew anything about coaching at all, you would know that a good manager gets the best out of his players. I can take a average team and coach circles around a lot of coaches with better talent.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason27nc View Post
    Ok, I'll play your silly game. If a manager is only as good as his talent, why even have one? If you knew anything about coaching at all, you would know that a good manager gets the best out of his players. I can take a average team and coach circles around a lot of coaches with better talent.
    At the big league level it's a little different because even the worst players are pretty good. I think coaching matters a lot more at the non-professional ranks, where a difference in the execution of fundamentals means much, much more.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason27nc View Post
    I know as much as you do, and it boils down to execution something that the Braves simply didn't do in 2014. You don't swing the bat for your players, catch the ball, or pitch it. The Braves talent pool succeeded above expectation in 2013 or maybe the Nats were just a bad team, but no manager I don't care what his name was in 2014 was going to to the playoffs with this team. It was clear early on that losing didn't bother these guys and maybe that falls on Fredi but the guys between the lines had a chance to do something about it. They failed. The big leagues should not be considered a teaching level, These are grown men with at least 15 years of organized ball under their belts It's reasonably clear that because of all organizational change something was not right.