#MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    From Opening Day:
    Forever Fredi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-18-2017), mossy (04-18-2017)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    From our seats in Left Field on Opening Night. Greenish Outfield Fence. Was not a fan of it. Prefer the TED blue instead. Also pictured are the random 4 pinetrees behind the CF wall. There's three in a cluster together on the left then a random one on the right. Looks really weird. Not pictured above the window booth in the batter's eye is the Hitter's Shotclock. Resets every batter and is the timer for the batter to get into the batter's box and get ready to hit (for Howard, Garciaparra types).

Forever Fredi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-18-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Picture from my Saturday seat of Ludacris doing the Tomahawk chop before the game. I think this is a new tradition where they have a celeb (Sunday was Chandler Riggs from Walking Dead, not sure who did it Friday) using the electric tomahawk before the game to get the crowd riled up and ready to go. What is also in hte picture are the new pennants they are using to signify the division, NLCS, WS, banners. I personally think they look dull. If you're not close to it, from the other side of the stadium they look pretty dull and the colors they use are definitely not as bright and proud as the ones that used to hang in LF at the TED.

Forever Fredi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-18-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Picture from my seat on Saturday Night: You see the bullpen in leftfield? Well above the scorebaord and those seats is an elevated ChopHouse area with high chairs and tables. On Sunday there was literally like 2 people in that section and it really stood out like an eyesore. The "Below the ChopHouse" seats in right field remind me of AT&T park. goldlfy went there you'd have to ask him. We thought it was a VIP area. But again, the bricks at the ChopHouse to the right are beautiful.
    Forever Fredi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (04-18-2017)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I prefer Turner Field's way of honoring the retired #'s.

Around the face of the decks at Turner Field were the names and #'s of the retired players. At this park the retired #'s are hanging somewhere high in left field but it's hardly noticeable. I didn't get to see Monument Park, but I do think they did a poor job of honoring the rich tradition of the franchise around the visible interior of the park.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i'm not sure how to embed instagram pictures here but here is a picture i took at opening night:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS62wGKj6Iq/
    Holy sponsorship Batman!

It won't be long until we see beer ads displayed on the field with a laser show. There's nowhere else left to add sponsor space.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

Around the face of the decks at Turner Field were the names and #'s of the retired players. At this park the retired #'s are hanging somewhere high in left field but it's hardly noticeable. I didn't get to see Monument Park, but I do think they did a poor job of honoring the rich tradition of the franchise around the visible interior of the park.
    this is about more revenue for the braves and nothing else. you can't let stupid old hank aaron's number get in the way of a good budweiser ad.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post

You need to see Monument Park. On the whole, SunTrust does a much better job of honoring the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You need to see Monument Park. On the whole, SunTrust does a much better job of honoring the past.
    do they pretend the braves started when they moved to atlanta like the old stadium did? i really don't get it...we have the oldest continuing operating franchise in north america and it's as if nobody cares to ever mention it. the braves could use their history as a major selling point but they never do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    do they pretend the braves started when they moved to atlanta like the old stadium did? i really don't get it...we have the oldest continuing operating franchise in north america and it's as if nobody cares to ever mention it. the braves could use their history as a major selling point but they never do.
    which to me is especially stupid considering that without a historical record, baseball is just a game. a great game, but baseball and history go hand in hand. without a somewhat linear historical record, babe ruth would just be a figure. 715 would have been meaningless. sigh.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    They do honor the pre-Atlanta Braves to at least some degree. After all, Spahn never played in Atlanta. But it's a little tough to put a lot of focus on things that happened other places, especially with limited space.

It's a lot easier to honor Phil Neikro, who people know and remember, than it is to try to explain to them who Johnny Evers is and why they should care.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Trying to figure out how to post all my pictures from Opening Night now - have plenty from Monument Park.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

20. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

22. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

24. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

26. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

28. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

30. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

32. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

mossy (04-18-2017)