User Tag List

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 722

Thread: Official off-season trade rumor and suggestion thread

  1. #41
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,225
    Thanks
    419
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Sherman of the New York Post reporting that Braves are shopping Upton at a high price, but he is likely to be moved. Interest in him has been deemed "significant". Another team's exec told the NYP that he "Will be moved".
    We're in a good position with this being such a weak FA class for bats

  2. #42
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,838
    Thanks
    5,410
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 2,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    We're in a good position with this being such a weak FA class for bats

  3. #43
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,516
    Thanks
    4,338
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jason Stark: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...-ballpark-mind

    The Braves were so desperate to get B.J. Upton off the books, in fact, that other teams say the team told Justin Upton suitors that to get Justin, they'd have to take both brothers in the same trade. But good luck on that, too.

    So the Braves have set out this winter, after a painful 27-40 second-half collapse, trying to walk the baseball tightrope. They're doing a tenuous "balancing act," Hart said, between the kind of gut-it-to-the-floor rebuilding he did in Cleveland and the retool-but-still-compete option that appears to be his bosses' preferred route to Cobb County.

    "I didn't come in with the idea to take this thing down to the bare bones," said Hart, seven weeks after assuming the reins following the firing of general manager Frank Wren. "That's not one of the plans. But we're evaluating every possibility."

  4. #44
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,838
    Thanks
    5,410
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 2,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Jason Stark: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...-ballpark-mind

    The Braves were so desperate to get B.J. Upton off the books, in fact, that other teams say the team told Justin Upton suitors that to get Justin, they'd have to take both brothers in the same trade. But good luck on that, too.

    So the Braves have set out this winter, after a painful 27-40 second-half collapse, trying to walk the baseball tightrope. They're doing a tenuous "balancing act," Hart said, between the kind of gut-it-to-the-floor rebuilding he did in Cleveland and the retool-but-still-compete option that appears to be his bosses' preferred route to Cobb County.

    "I didn't come in with the idea to take this thing down to the bare bones," said Hart, seven weeks after assuming the reins following the firing of general manager Frank Wren. "That's not one of the plans. But we're evaluating every possibility."
    There goes his trade value.

  5. #45
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,516
    Thanks
    4,338
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Braves have 'expressed interest' in David Ross, per DOB.

  6. #46
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,838
    Thanks
    5,410
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 2,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Braves have 'expressed interest' in David Ross, per DOB.
    Like a glance across a crowded room or more like a hand on the knee?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (11-24-2014),O'Dandelo (11-28-2014)

  8. #47
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,516
    Thanks
    4,338
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Like a glance across a crowded room or more like a hand on the knee?
    I'm thinking actions slightly more unsavory.

  9. #48
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,838
    Thanks
    5,410
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 2,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm thinking actions slightly more unsavory.
    "Just the tip, John."


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

    Hawk (11-24-2014)

  11. #49
    "What is a clvclv"
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nebo, NC
    Posts
    6,278
    Thanks
    3,659
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seager about to sign for 7/$100 million in Seattle.

    Really time to start stockpiling young, cheap pitching folks - the only way we're going to have a shot at being competitive moving forward.
    Waters is intersting too. Would prefer a guy that projects to more power though. (2017 Draft Thread)

    If they don't make additions they can expect the same 3-5 win improvement they saw last year. That makes the Braves a 75-78 win team. (What's the best we could hope for in 2018?)


    The Blackjack Dealer

  12. #50
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,748
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked 7,668 Times in 4,785 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Seager about to sign for 7/$100 million in Seattle.

    Really time to start stockpiling young, cheap pitching folks - the only way we're going to have a shot at being competitive moving forward.
    I'd rather stockpile hitting. Less risk. Plus we are in a pitching rich era.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

    Dalyn (11-24-2014)

  14. #51
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,331
    Thanks
    823
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 738 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitting is much easier to acquire and much easier develop. Even with our farm system going to hell, we've still managed to produce at least 1 or 2 good positional players in the majors almost every season over last several yrs. Hell even this yr at the lowest our farm has been in 20+ yrs, we still produced La Stella.

    Much rather stock up on pitching.

  15. #52
    Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,516
    Thanks
    4,338
    Thanked 4,302 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Braves have 'expressed interest' in David Ross, per DOB.
    And Bowman says one of the others the Braves have contacted is A.J. Pierzynski.

  16. #53
    It's OVER 5,000! CrimsonCowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,724 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 1m1 minute ago
    A.J. Pierzynski and David Ross are among the FA the #Braves have spoken to about serving as their backup catcher
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

  17. #54
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,838
    Thanks
    5,410
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 2,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 1m1 minute ago
    A.J. Pierzynski and David Ross are among the FA the #Braves have spoken to about serving as their backup catcher
    Those two aren't even comparable. This team needs someone like Ross. Not so much someone like Pierzynski.

  18. #55
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21,748
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked 7,668 Times in 4,785 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my trade idea du jour: Simmons to the Red Sox for Betts and Bogaerts

  19. #56
    It's OVER 5,000! Tapate50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,913
    Thanks
    4,247
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Here's my trade idea du jour: Simmons to the Red Sox for Betts and Bogaerts
    Du Juor huh? MMMMMMM....That sounds good. I think i'll have that.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 11-24-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    "No thanks, I'd rather sit in the balcony" - Abe Lincoln

  20. #57
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,225
    Thanks
    419
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Betts a lot. I'd also like to try and get Garin Cecchini.

  21. #58
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,207
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 5,118 Times in 2,492 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Like a glance across a crowded room or more like a hand on the knee?
    Like a ten minute conversation over the phone with his in-laws.

  22. #59
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,450
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minor to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp, who is owed $107M over the next 5 years? Maybe the Dodgers sending money back too?

    Kemp would be an interesting option if JUp and Gattis are both traded. He and Tomas could be the corner OFers and give Freeman some excellent RHed protection in the lineup.

    The Dodgers main needs are to unload an OFer, a SP, and BP help.

  23. #60
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,838
    Thanks
    5,410
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 2,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Like a ten minute conversation over the phone with his in-laws.
    More than Heyward got.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •