User Tag List

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 722

Thread: Official off-season trade rumor and suggestion thread

  1. #1
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,813
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 4,759 Times in 2,834 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Official off-season trade rumor and suggestion thread

    Starling Marte is owed $28.5M through 2019, can play CF, and hit .291/.356/.453/.808 last year with 30 SBs. The only reason he plays LF for the Pirates is because that guy McCutchen already plays CF, and I hear he's a decent little ballplayer.

    The Pirates biggest needs this offseason are in the starting rotation after losing Liriano and Volquez, and at C after Martin left as a FA. They could also upgrade at 1B and save some cash by cutting loose Gabby Sanchez and/or Ike Davis.

    So, what would you give the Bucs for Marte? Would Minor plus Gattis get them listening? Would you consider including Peraza, who might be a cheaper/better option for them in the middle infield over Walker and Mercer? Would someone like Wood or Teheran be in play if Lester were signed?
    Last edited by rico43; 11-20-2014 at 05:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,345
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 432 Times in 277 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Starling Marte is owed $28.5M through 2019, can play CF, and hit .291/.356/.453/.808 last year with 30 SBs. The only reason he plays LF for the Pirates is because that guy McCutchen already plays CF, and I hear he's a decent little ballplayer.

    The Pirates biggest needs this offseason are in the starting rotation after losing Liriano and Volquez, and at C after Martin left as a FA. They could also upgrade at 1B and save some cash by cutting loose Gabby Sanchez and/or Ike Davis.

    So, what would you give the Bucs for Marte? Would Minor plus Gattis get them listening? Would you consider including Peraza, who might be a cheaper/better option for them in the middle infield over Walker and Mercer? Would someone like Wood or Teheran be in play if Lester were signed?
    I like Marte enough, but I'm not listening if Teheran is on the table. I may be in the minority, but were it not for crappy run support, Teheran's W-L would make it a hard sell alone....not to mention he's just tapping into his talent. NO. Peraza? I get that prospects are just that, but assuming he pans out, I'm not apt to get rid of him. Lester to me is a luxury when you have other areas on the team needing improvement anyway.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (11-19-2014)

  4. #3
    Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 349 Times in 211 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Starling Marte is owed $28.5M through 2019, can play CF, and hit .291/.356/.453/.808 last year with 30 SBs. The only reason he plays LF for the Pirates is because that guy McCutchen already plays CF, and I hear he's a decent little ballplayer.

    The Pirates biggest needs this offseason are in the starting rotation after losing Liriano and Volquez, and at C after Martin left as a FA. They could also upgrade at 1B and save some cash by cutting loose Gabby Sanchez and/or Ike Davis.

    So, what would you give the Bucs for Marte? Would Minor plus Gattis get them listening? Would you consider including Peraza, who might be a cheaper/better option for them in the middle infield over Walker and Mercer? Would someone like Wood or Teheran be in play if Lester were signed?
    i like Marte but would not even consider parting with Teheran/Wood/Peraza

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to emk418 For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (11-19-2014)

  6. #4
    Hessmania Forever
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,981
    Thanks
    3,194
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that big a Marte fan, but he'd certainly be an upgrade to everyone slated for our OF except J. Upton. Price would probably be too high for consideration. Like others here, I don't put Teheran, Wood, or Peraza on the table.

  7. #5
    Gwinnett Bound tomahawkchop10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    628
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 82 Times in 62 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would Minor, Bethancourt, and Simms get them interested? Wouldn't want to give up wood, teheran, or peraza. Also would like to keep Gattis' power.

  8. #6
    Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 349 Times in 211 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawkchop10 View Post
    Would Minor, Bethancourt, and Simms get them interested? Wouldn't want to give up wood, teheran, or peraza. Also would like to keep Gattis' power.
    Still not something I'd be interested in. Marte's a solid player but not worth Minor/CB/Sims

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to emk418 For This Useful Post:

    JohnAdcox (11-20-2014)

  10. #7
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,813
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 4,759 Times in 2,834 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emk418 View Post
    Still not something I'd be interested in. Marte's a solid player but not worth Minor/CB/Sims
    Solid player? He has posted a WAR of 5.5 and 5.1 over the past 2 seasons, can play CF, and is the same age as Heyward...all for about $3.5M per year through the 2019 season.

    He worth WAY more than Peraza. I would say Teheran for Marte straight up would be about fair.

  11. #8
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    22,290
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 7,775 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A four WAR player with his contract is very valuable. OTOH the Pirates need a starting pitcher and a catcher. Minor plus Gattis for Marte might be something both sides could live with.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

    Chico (11-20-2014)

  13. #9
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,422
    Thanks
    839
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 760 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt the Pirates are looking to trade him. So whatever deal you think is fair probably won't even keep them on the phone.

  14. #10
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,345
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 432 Times in 277 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Solid player? He has posted a WAR of 5.5 and 5.1 over the past 2 seasons, can play CF, and is the same age as Heyward...all for about $3.5M per year through the 2019 season.

    He worth WAY more than Peraza. I would say Teheran for Marte straight up would be about fair.
    Perhaps the trade of JHey doesn't really signify that the Braves care about pitching more than a player of Marte's caliber? LOL. Seriously, NO and more no to trading Teheran. I don't care if they hung up or not.

  15. #11
    Still Playing the Waiting Game
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    949
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 133 Times in 95 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather trade for Polonco! Dude's gonna be a beast

  16. #12
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,573
    Thanks
    1,167
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 927 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They arent trading him so useless to talk about.

  17. #13
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,922
    Thanks
    5,530
    Thanked 5,112 Times in 2,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Considering what we got for Heyward, I guess I would part with Hale and Graham.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

    Heyward (11-19-2014),JohnAdcox (11-19-2014),jpx7 (11-19-2014)

  19. #14
    Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 349 Times in 211 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Considering what we got for Heyward, I guess I would part with Hale and Graham.

  20. #15
    Fredi Gonzalez Supporter Dalyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your mom
    Posts
    11,922
    Thanks
    5,530
    Thanked 5,112 Times in 2,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emk418 View Post

  21. #16
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,822
    Thanks
    991
    Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    Considering what we got for Heyward, I guess I would part with Hale and Graham.
    They'd have to throw in Mark Melancon as well.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

    Dalyn (11-19-2014),JohnAdcox (11-20-2014),jpx7 (11-19-2014)

  23. #17
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,237
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 462 Times in 305 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    A four WAR player with his contract is very valuable. OTOH the Pirates need a starting pitcher and a catcher. Minor plus Gattis for Marte might be something both sides could live with.
    This is not a bad idea. The Bucs need another lefty in their rotation and a bridge to Jameson Tallion and Tyler Glasnow. With Snider in LF Until Josh Bell is ready) and Cervelli at catcher Gattis could get plenty of Ab's. It would also complete the young controllable talent and defense up the middle mindset we're looking to do.

    I doubt it would happen, but it does make sense.

  24. #18
    Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    NinersSBChamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Prague, MN
    Posts
    12,384
    Thanks
    2,937
    Thanked 1,454 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Starling Marte is owed $28.5M through 2019, can play CF, and hit .291/.356/.453/.808 last year with 30 SBs. The only reason he plays LF for the Pirates is because that guy McCutchen already plays CF, and I hear he's a decent little ballplayer.

    The Pirates biggest needs this offseason are in the starting rotation after losing Liriano and Volquez, and at C after Martin left as a FA. They could also upgrade at 1B and save some cash by cutting loose Gabby Sanchez and/or Ike Davis.

    So, what would you give the Bucs for Marte? Would Minor plus Gattis get them listening? Would you consider including Peraza, who might be a cheaper/better option for them in the middle infield over Walker and Mercer? Would someone like Wood or Teheran be in play if Lester were signed?
    He's one of my favorite players in baseball. I would love to have Marte here. Minor, Black Hole, and a good prospect to Pittsburgh. Obviously we eat some salary from the Black Hole contract.

  25. #19
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    3,374
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked 972 Times in 545 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    trade idea

    Peraza still a half season or so away and with a need to get rid of bj upton.

    Braves get: Brandon Phillips and prospect (Rodriguez? )
    Reds get: BJ and minor and cash

    Phillips owed 39 mil through the end of 2017 while bj is owed 48 over the same time frame. Adding minor and cash would sweeten the deal for them as they would be getting a solid starting pitcher with a few years control

  26. #20
    Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,632
    Thanks
    754
    Thanked 4,720 Times in 2,027 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Peraza still a half season or so away and with a need to get rid of bj upton.

    Braves get: Brandon Phillips and prospect (Rodriguez? )
    Reds get: BJ and minor and cash

    Phillips owed 39 mil through the end of 2017 while bj is owed 48 over the same time frame. Adding minor and cash would sweeten the deal for them as they would be getting a solid starting pitcher with a few years control
    Who'd be making that decision for the Reds? Marge Schott? Reds hate Phillips' contact, but the fans there love Phillips.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •