Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves sniffing around on Markakis; Official 4 years 44 million.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    OK so you just cheered for them but now you're not a Yankees fan, maybe Swisher took you to Cleveland?

As far as ignoring you goes, I do mostly ignore you but sometimes you need to be called out...
    Only time i cheered for them was in the 09 WS, minus that you're making stuff up.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    28M in increases? Friggin Wren dude.
    I made that jab tongue-in-cheek, sorry. Those increases won't nearly be that large.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Because players never lie or use the media to be self-serving, unlike the front officies, which never tell the truth at any time.
    Correct.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Only time i cheered for them was in the 09 WS, minus that you're making stuff up.
    I am not making anything up, I just remember what you posted about cheering for the Yankees. But I doubt if you even know what you meant given your track record for posting in general (esp. concerning your responses to others posts), lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Braves1976 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (12-05-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I made that jab tongue-in-cheek, sorry. Those increases won't nearly be that large.
    Don't play like that, I was about to send him on a run to Amsterdam for Chip.
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    I am not making anything up, I just remember what you posted about cheering for the Yankees. But I doubt if you even know what you meant given your track record for posting in general (esp. concerning your responses to others posts), lol.
    I liked Swisher and wished we signed him, i never said i cheered for the Yankees but keep making stuff up and thanking every post.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    With Jason, Justin, and Ugglas money off the books next year, we could afford a good OF in Free Agency.
    Know who I'd like to sign for $28m a year?

Justin Upton. Right now.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-05-2014), rico43 (12-06-2014), Tapate50 (12-05-2014), thethe (12-05-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I don't post much and I know none of you will miss me but this board is getting ridiculous and I think I'll take a break until next year. What used to be the best site to get Braves news and discussion has turned into a bitchfest, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm sure Heyward will be continue to be discussed daily for years to come. Maybe it's time to move on.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gtcway For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (12-05-2014), ChapelHillMatt (12-06-2014), Heyward (12-05-2014), mfree80 (12-05-2014), NinersSBChamps (12-06-2014), skillet (12-05-2014)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtcway View Post
    I don't post much and I know none of you will miss me but this board is getting ridiculous and I think I'll take a break until next year. What used to be the best site to get Braves news and discussion has turned into a bitchfest, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm sure Heyward will be continue to be discussed daily for years to come. Maybe it's time to move on.
    I agree that the concentration upon the Heyward trade is at an almost unbearable fever-pitch, but we're not even one month removed from the day the transaction was completed. What do you expect, really? Most of us, I think, have come to grips with his departure itself, but are still parsing apart the various explanations as to why it had to happen when and how it did.

This expectation of silence, this 'he gone' sentiment is almost insulting, though. Heyward was my favorite player; I bought his jersey before I moved abroad for the first time, continually drafted him in the first round on my fantasy teams (more often than not to my detriment), and deliriously defended him to my friends and family -- because Jason was a class act that embodied virtually everything I have ever admired in a baseball player.

Fans bitch, fans fight, fans come to mutual understandings.

This is why I love baseball, because you can take virtually EVERY decision made and put it under a microscope for eternal dissection.

I hate to see you go. I hate to see anybody go. But I challenge you to find a better place to engage in thoughtful and passionate Braves discourse on the Internet. Forums are a dying breed, and this one has some of the few remaining intellectual OGs around.

I apologize for rambling. I actually am posting this from a smoke deck at the local watering hole. Because I'm a geek ... and bitching about baseball is so much more enjoyable than buying drinks for ungrateful women.
    Last edited by Hawk; 12-05-2014 at 10:45 PM.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-05-2014), bravesnumberone (12-06-2014), jpx7 (12-06-2014), Julio3000 (12-05-2014), The Chosen One (12-05-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

I apologize for rambling. I actually am posting this from a smoke deck at the local watering hole. Because I'm a geek ... and bitching about baseball is so much more enjoyable than buying drinks for ungrateful women.

Hawk, are they impressed with the devotion to which you've clung to your device for the last half-hour?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (12-05-2014)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    Hawk, are they impressed with the devotion to which you've clung to your device for the last half-hour?
    I will let you know tomorrow morning Gov.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (12-06-2014), jpx7 (12-06-2014)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    It's why I stopped posting, I mainly just read now. What they complained about on the other board they have continued on this one. It's sad really.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    It's why I stopped posting, I mainly just read now. What they complained about on the other board they have continued on this one. It's sad really.
    Matt, please continue to post. Sometimes you just have to ignore some posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    Take a break. It's healthy. There's a lot of good stuff here in between the bitchfests. I'm going to try and follow the advice my marriage counselor gave me regarding the looney ex Mrs. Gov - draw clear lines, don't engage. There are some guys I'm just not going to enjoy. But there are a ton of good guys on this site.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GovClintonTyree For This Useful Post:

Hawk (12-06-2014)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post

It's all in good fun Matt. Don't take anything seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    What would be nice is if we can just keep the Heyward debate to one thread, so that way if you want to read about Heyward then click on the thread and if you don't then don't click on the thread. I guess I'm saying it would be nice to keep threads on topic, but I know that's probably not going to happen cause, internet.
    thank you weso1!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    Take a break. It's healthy. There's a lot of good stuff here in between the bitchfests. I'm going to try and follow the advice my marriage counselor gave me regarding the looney ex Mrs. Gov - draw clear lines, don't engage. There are some guys I'm just not going to enjoy. But there are a ton of good guys on this site.
    Yeah. I agree with both the sentiment and the suggestions. Take a break if you need to, but stick around. This is a great community, and it's better with more folks contributing.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    What would be nice is if we can just keep the Heyward debate to one thread, so that way if you want to read about Heyward then click on the thread and if you don't then don't click on the thread. I guess I'm saying it would be nice to keep threads on topic, but I know that's probably not going to happen cause, internet.
    Indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Sounds like Markakis is going to do the surgery:

Markakis said, “I don’t have any (pain) now, it’s just a precautionary thing and we’ll get that taken care of and it shouldn’t be a problem.”

link

Also the article states that The Braves believe Markakis will be ready by the start of spring training.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Also this from the same article:

“Talking with Nick, (having surgery is) more of a comfort level – he thought he would be able to be stronger and better with it,” Hart said. “We discussed this with some of our people and they were absolutely in agreement. It’s a relatively short recovery for a surgery that’s not uncommon.

So maybe there is some hope here that Markakis can regain his isoslg. If he does then I think most will be happy with this deal.
    thank you weso1!