Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "I Can't Breathe"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    That's not true. You ought not put words in my mouth.

I believe in a very strong defense that protects this country. I police in law enforcement that enforces GOOD laws (i.e. - protecting people and their property). I also don't believe in cops using deadly force on American citizens. But I know that makes me a nutjob
    You legitimately asked the question the other day how does the military protect your freedoms did you not?
    Natural Immunity Croc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (12-10-2014)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Soon we will hear about how cops are lacking common sense for using a taser:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/28...cts-taser-gun/
    Let me see....

Get gunned down when the po po should be sitting in a car waiting for backup

Receiving an illegal choke hold and then dying

I am willing to bet those two, one a real criminal, other never was under arrest, wish they had been tazed instead, not worm food.

At least both cops got fired for being complete idiots. I hope Toma have some common sense and at least he did not shoot the person and he seem to "knuckle" up and I like that.

And citing Canadian studies is laughable in itself, any weapon can cause injury or side effects, we saw walk an illegal CHOKE HOLD can do to a person haven't heard much about being tazed being an issue.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    Why?

If you don't want to say, just say so
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Failure of child support and missing a court day or hot checks. If it were violent, I don't think Toma would be trying to tackle the guy, he would have drawn his weapon and did you notice, it was he and another officer (TWO COPS as it should be).
    Toma was using common sense and I can't find fault in what he was doing, but he still did not say how he engaged the perp, but him saying he can't breathe, means a choke hold. I just can't see him doing that, here you can't use it, you can grab the neck to get to the perps arms, but that is it.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Just wondering why it matters and what it adds to this conversation.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    They're trying their best to turn you into the bad guy in this situation. Probably to say what he was wanted for wasn't worth the force dealt on him or something to that extent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Let me see....

I am willing to bet those two, one a real criminal, other never was under arrest, wish they had been tazed instead, not worm food.

At least both cops got fired for being complete idiots. I hope Toma have some common sense and at least he did not shoot the person and he seem to "knuckle" up and I like that.

And citing Canadian studies is laughable in itself, any weapon can cause injury or side effects, we saw walk an illegal CHOKE HOLD can do to a person haven't heard much about being tazed being an issue.
    So lets say someone has a pacemaker and gets tased. If they die will tasers be considered excessive? I think its a legit question.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I am thinking the use of force in regards to what kind of crime.

I know if the person assaulted, murdered anything to do bodily harm to another individual, you have to pull your weapon. Failure for child support, missed court date, expired tags, hot checks, usually you just tackle the guy, which I think you did and when you had him in your hold, he used that term to slip away. I can't believe you fell for that line. If you were on top of him, on the ground with your knee on the back of the neck using your full weight, I can understand him saying it, but I am betting it did not go down like that...you are too smart to go that route.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    You legitimately asked the question the other day how does the military protect your freedoms did you not?
    I was asking what they're currently doing that is protecting my freedom?

My freedom is granted in the Bill of Rights and US Constitution. What is our miliatry currently doing that is "defending that"

This isn't 1776. Fight Iraq isn't making me more free. It's doing the opposite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    So lets say someone has a pacemaker and gets tased. If they die will tasers be considered excessive? I think its a legit question.
    Choking him, grabbing him and throwing him to the ground the same result can happen, so?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Probably a dumb question but is it against the law to handcuff someone's feet? Hold them down and frisk. Handcuff their feet and see if they can get away.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    They're trying their best to turn you into the bad guy in this situation. Probably to say what he was wanted for wasn't worth the force dealt on him or something to that extent.
    Not me, Toma did the right thing. Just chuckled that he fell for that line. At least he had another cop with him....you know back up?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    These 3 words are going to become very dangerous. Let me explain:

Last evening, another officer and I had to wrestle with a suspect who was resisting. This individual had multiple warrants out for his arrest. While attempting to take the suspect to the ground, he started shouting "I can't breathe.I can't breathe". After hearing this I eased up and lessened the amount of force I was using. Upon doing this, the suspect chuckled and pulled away from me leaving the other officer very vulnerable. Fortunately, I was able to re-engage before anything happened, and we were able to handcuff the suspect.

Thankfully, in all of that no one was injured. I don't think this will end up being an isolated incidence however. With all the publicity this is getting, I can see resisting subjects using this "I can't breathe" a whole lot more.
    Why the heck did you let up? It's not like you'd ever get in trouble anyways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    Probably a dumb question but is it against the law to handcuff someone's feet? Hold them down and frisk. Handcuff their feet and see if they can get away.
    Whoa, I don't think so, but it is much harder to cuff the guys legs than arms, too many violent things can happen. Moose kicks and arms still available for the perp. You can move your arms much better than legs, plus if you are on the ground with the perp, you are at a severe disadvantage. Think about the gear you have on alone is enough to dissuade you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Why the heck did you let up? It's not like you'd ever get in trouble anyways
    ouch

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Whoa, I don't think so, but it is much harder to cuff the guys legs than arms, too many violent things can happen. Moose kicks and arms still available for the perp. You can move your arms much better than legs, plus if you are on the ground with the perp, you are at a severe disadvantage. Think about the gear you have on alone is enough to dissuade you.
    Was saying if you have two cops on one person.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Fight Iraq isn't making me more free. It's doing the opposite.

This is the issue. Sturg is right, it is doing the opposite, look at all the bills passed, making us less free. One day frisking at air terminals, you will be down to your jocks, socks and bras. There is a freedom that was taking away.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,325 Posts
    Not me, Toma did the right thing. Just chuckled that he fell for that line. At least he had another cop with him....you know back up?
    I'm not pointing towards you, AA. Even if I disagree with you on a subject you usually use reason in your discussions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Choking him, grabbing him and throwing him to the ground the same result can happen, so?
    Absolutely. But thats the point. What can police do and what can't they do. How much more difficult are we going to make their jobs?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Let me see....

Talk about victim blaming? The cops should be sitting in the car waiting for backup? Glad you aren't chief of police.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe