Thread: Manhunt for 'Armed and Dangerous' Suspect in Pennsylvania Shooting Spree that Kills 6

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Manhunt for 'Armed and Dangerous' Suspect in Pennsylvania Shooting Spree that Kills 6

Manhunt for 'Armed and Dangerous' Suspect in Pennsylvania Shooting Spree

A manhunt is underway for a suspect who allegedly went on a shooting rampage against his ex-wife and her family outside Philadelphia – killing six people, including his 14-year-old niece, authorities said.

Officials identified the suspect as Bradley William Stone, 35, a former Marine reservist who served from 2002 to 2011. He had one deployment to Iraq, leaving with the rank of sergeant, according to a Marine spokesperson.

Stone allegedly gunned down six members of his ex-wife's family at three separate locations - killing his ex-wife, his former mother-in-law, former grandmother-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and niece. His former nephew, 17, was wounded and taken to a hospital in Philadelphia for treatment. Stone took his two children to a neighbor's home before the shootings began, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri told reporters, and they are safe.

Residents in the area were being told to stay in their homes and lock their doors as the search continued late this afternoon in the area 50 miles north of Philadelphia.

"Stone may be wearing military fatigues, in either sand or green color," the district attorney's office said in a statement posted to Facebook. Stone is known to use a cane or walker.

Matthew Schafte, who told ABC News that he's known Stone for 20-plus years, says he broke down in tears when he heard about the shootings.

"I would describe him as a laid-back guy -- loving his family, loving his country. I know he had issues with his children over a custody battle or something," he said. "A decorated veteran, who would do anything for his country, anything for anybody."

"I just broke down in tears. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe it, because this isn't the Brad that I know."

"A couple of months ago, I was hanging out with him, we sat down and had a drink," he added. "We were just talking about old times, how everybody was doing, and he told me he was going through some things with his kids, but that's about it."

SWAT teams surrounded a home at Penn and Highland avenues in in Souderton, Pennsylvania, where a suspect in the shootings was originally believed barricaded inside, police told ABC station WPVI-TV in Philadelphia. Witnesses heard a loud boom shortly before an unidentified person was taken out of the house on a stretcher.

Police also surrounded another home in nearby Pennsburg.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-montgo...ry?id=27606093
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We are living in such a messed up world. I hope that no more lives are taken and those that have been affected are able to move on and put this tragedy behind them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    We are living in such a messed up world. I hope that no more lives are taken and those that have been affected are able to move on and put this tragedy behind them.
    Yeah. How high are the odds that he has PTSD that wasn't properly diagnosed?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I can only imagine how difficult it is to properly diagnose that. Maybe this guy was fine but its true he was having issues with his kids (visitation rights or such). Just a small trigger can set someone off.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Such a sad story.

Hopefully the great men and women in law enforcement can find this monster quickly.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It's a little crazy how mentally unstable our troops are after coming back from duty.

Highest suicide rate in the country.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    It's a little crazy how mentally unstable our troops are after coming back from duty.

Very true. I see a lot of vets end up in the local detention center.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I am really curious about the custody fight he was having. His ex-wife filed for sole custody because she said he was becoming increasingly dangerous. The fact that he has done this leads me to believe she probably had good reason to say that but women in custody hearings are about as truthful as a politician who wants your vote. I won't be very surprised if she lied to get full custody and that's what caused him to snap.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I am really curious about the custody fight he was having. His ex-wife filed for sole custody because she said he was becoming increasingly dangerous. The fact that he has done this leads me to believe she probably had good reason to say that but women in custody hearings are about as truthful as a politician who wants your vote. I won't be very surprised if she lied to get full custody and that's what caused him to snap.

Can't overlook the dudes drinking problem. I'm sure the wife wanted full custody since apparently he's a drunk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Are you saying that because of his DUI's?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Can't overlook the dudes drinking problem. I'm sure the wife wanted full custody since apparently he's a drunk
    Which probably was a direct correlation to his service. War changes people.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

There's an elephant in the room that nobody will talk about.

To be honest, I've known some guys who were already somewhat unstable before they joined the military, then once they joined and went overseas their craziness was put on steroids.

Also meet those certain military douchebags who think they walk on water and are so much better than your average civilian just because they wear a uniform.

For the record, I have quite a few family members who have served/serving in the military, and they don't fall into that category. The arrogance on some military guys (Savannah-area has 2 bases, Hunter AAF and Fort Stewart) I meet is pathetic.
    Forever Fredi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-16-2014)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Which probably was a direct correlation to his service. War changes people.

He joined the military in '08. His first arrest for an alcohol offense was in '01

I'm sure he probably got messed up by being in the service but he was a drunk, years before he ever entered the service

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    The anti-military mongers will surely jump on this and claim this was his problem.....despite having a very short tour and little to no combat duty.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    There's an elephant in the room that nobody will talk about.

To be honest, I've known some guys who were already somewhat unstable before they joined the military, then once they joined and went overseas their craziness was put on steroids.

Also meet those certain military douchebags who think they walk on water and are so much better than your average civilian just because they wear a uniform.

For the record, I have quite a few family members who have served/serving in the military, and they don't fall into that category. The arrogance on some military guys (Savannah-area has 2 bases, Hunter AAF and Fort Stewart) I meet is pathetic.
    A few of my former marine friends tell me about some of the ****ed up **** they've seen and done... I can imagine many folks can't handle it afterwards.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-16-2014)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Two here at work, one disabled, the crap they tell you would put your hair on ends. Killing people is something they do not wish upon anyone and yes Sturg, one of them had to shoot a 15 year old that was about to shoot.

You know what, it changed him from that point on.

The horrors they've committed and witness will forever be in their conscience.

I did not have the voice to ask about other atrocities because he gave me that look, Sav probably knows, they don't want to delve into it any further.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Wish the armed concealed carry dude would have capped him; would have saved lives.

But, the liberal phonies would have probably called for his arrest.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    PTSD for sure and that custody battle was the trigger.

Him going out of the way to kill everyone in the family means he snapped.

They will probably find him dead somewhere by suicide.