Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves sign Pierzynski

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I enjoy how you act like you know him personally...
    Why would I need to know him personally to know what's been told of him by players etc.

Just do a moderate amoutn of research. He's a class A douchebag.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Why would I need to know him personally to know what's been told of him by players etc.

Just do a moderate amoutn of research. He's a class A douchebag.
    My point is, you're so emotional about this... it sounds like he killed your dog or something. Quite a bit of strong emotions by you for not being effected by his actions one bit... its quite funny, actually.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory ChapelHillMatt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    A star to me describes elite level production. I think the word is over used honestly. Very good players should not be referred to as stars in my opinion. In any event it doesn't matter, keeping one or both of them wouldn't have made us World Series contenders this year, it probably wouldn't have even led to a division title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    A star to me describes elite level production. I think the word is over used honestly. Very good players should not be referred to as stars in my opinion. In any event it doesn't matter, keeping one or both of them wouldn't have made us World Series contenders this year, it probably wouldn't have even led to a division title.
    I believe Justin is elite... Heyward, no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    My point is, you're so emotional about this... it sounds like he killed your dog or something. Quite a bit of strong emotions by you for not being effected by his actions one bit... its quite funny, actually.
    Exactly.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Ah, Merry Christmas from the lurking trolls and oblivious homers!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-25-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Ah, Merry Christmas from the lurking trolls and oblivious homers!
    Lurking trolls? I have been posting on the different versions of this board for well over 10 years... pretty sure Matt has also. As far as an oblivious homer... I'm far from it... I'm very critical about the team when its warranted. However... the oblivious homers are the ones who think we were going to be a WS team with just a few tweaks from last year's lineup... that's oblivous. The oblivious homers are the ones who think Heyward is a superstar or elite at anything other than defense.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

mikewon (12-25-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    So what do you think Fredi does with the lineup?

Markakis
    Simmons
    Freeman
    Gattis
    Johnson
    Pierzynski
    Callaspo
    Upton

??

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Lurking trolls? I have been posting on the different versions of this board for well over 10 years... pretty sure Matt has also. As far as an oblivious homer... I'm far from it... I'm very critical about the team when its warranted. However... the oblivious homers are the ones who think we were going to be a WS team with just a few tweaks from last year's lineup... that's oblivous. The oblivious homers are the ones who think Heyward is a superstar or elite at anything other than defense.
    Talk about a guilty conscience.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-25-2014), Dalyn (12-25-2014)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Would Pican'tspelltherestofhisname be more palatable if Heyward was still in the fold? I'm suspecting he would be to most. Granted his reputation earns much of this unhappy response, but I'm thinking Hart has lost many with just the Heyward move. Everything else will be seen through that prism.
    The Upton move actually makes the Heyward move more justifiable for me. At least we got someone who can conceivably contribute right away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    I haven't posted much lately so that's probably what he's referring to. I've been pretty busy though, just recently got engaged so there is a lot on my plate right now. Also have intentionally posted less because this board is hard to read at times so it's better for me if I don't engage in it on an everyday basis.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ChapelHillMatt For This Useful Post:

zbhargrove (12-25-2014)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-25-2014), Dalyn (12-25-2014), jpx7 (12-25-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    We got a better return for Jason than Justin. Says something about which one is viewed as more valuable by other teams.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-25-2014), jason27nc (12-25-2014)

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapelHillMatt View Post
    I haven't posted much lately so that's probably what he's referring to. I've been pretty busy though, just recently got engaged so there is a lot on my plate right now. Also have intentionally posted less because this board is hard to read at times so it's better for me if I don't engage in it on an everyday basis.
    I havn't been around very much either. It is really hard being a Braves fan right now. I will not change but dang this offseason has stunk. We have gotten rid of the players we should have kept and kept the players/manger that we should have gotten rid of.

Then we go out and get a guy with a bad neck. I had that exact same surgery in 2006. It will never get better. I have problems and always will. Just a stupid move IMO. He will be able to swing again in 6 months but he will never get his power back. I went through theropy and weight trainign to build mine back up and I lost 40 yards on my drive in golf and I used to be able to hit 310 foot bombs in softball and I can't come close anymore. I am 41 now but I wasn't when I had my surgery.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jason27nc For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (12-25-2014)

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    We got a better return for Jason than Justin. Says something about which one is viewed as more valuable by other teams.
    Exactly.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I believe Justin is elite... Heyward, no.
    Justin was a better power hitter at this point but that is the only thing he done better than Heyward and its not even close. I will take 17 less home runs and 73 less strike outs and a top 3 MLB defensive outfielder in Heyward over a average fielder at best defensivly in Upton.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    I don't like AJ either, but I mean, come on, he's the back up catcher.

You're going to stop pulling for a team because of the back up catcher?

I don't know, but that's sounds pretty silly when you think about it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

ChapelHillMatt (12-26-2014)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Yeah curse having a good team, lets instead gut the most marketable player on our team, trade all of our power but Freeman, and sign ****ty veterans, including the most hated man in baseball. What a great thing!
    Lets keep them for 1 more year, watch both walk for nothing and at best lose in the play-in game, if not miss the playoffs altogether.

Instead of get some assets for them going forward.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Trying to be good in a couple years vs competing for the playoffs now. I would have taken the latter. Especially considering the gutting that happened to the Giants offensively. They could have re-signed one of Jason or Justin, they chose not to, that's my issue,w e have the money to pay 2 stars, Freddie is star one, and they chose not to pay star 2, instead they're seemingly gonna go with the expensive but not ace staff.
    How do you know they didnt try to pay any of them?

Did you talk with Hart, their agents.

Justin said it was unlikely he'd re-sign before the season, and it would take alot of dough to re-sign both.

Still love Heyward but offensively he is not a star. Defensively, yes. Worth 200+ million, thats debateable.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason27nc View Post
    I havn't been around very much either. It is really hard being a Braves fan right now. I will not change but dang this offseason has stunk. We have gotten rid of the players we should have kept and kept the players/manger that we should have gotten rid of.

Then we go out and get a guy with a bad neck. I had that exact same surgery in 2006. It will never get better. I have problems and always will. Just a stupid move IMO. He will be able to swing again in 6 months but he will never get his power back. I went through theropy and weight trainign to build mine back up and I lost 40 yards on my drive in golf and I used to be able to hit 310 foot bombs in softball and I can't come close anymore. I am 41 now but I wasn't when I had my surgery.
    If neither would re-sign before the season, before FA, what is the use of keeping them for?

At BEST, make the WC which a 1 game crapshoot.

Fredi is on the last year of his deal, if we suck which is likely he'll be gone and everyone will throw a party for it.

Said it before, some of yall really overrate both of them especially Heyward, awesome player but yall act like he isnt far from Trout.