Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for attending a game

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Tips for attending a game

Headed to my first Braves game in ATL this coming Wednesday and wanted to know if you all had some advice regarding parking/getting to the game/exiting/etc. We are going to be coming up from the Orlando area and haven't decided where we will be spending the night the night before the game.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Bring a glove. Especially if you are older than 8

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,023 Posts
    Coming to the stadium from the south, I would suggest targeting an early arrival. Traffic can be horrendous.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    We traveled through Atlanta yesterday about 1.5 hours before game time and noticed the north bound lanes were really backed and for a while past Atlanta. Will this likely be the case again come Wednesday morning?

And what about parking? Is there plenty of it available?

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    We traveled through Atlanta yesterday about 1.5 hours before game time and noticed the north bound lanes were really backed and for a while past Atlanta. Will this likely be the case again come Wednesday morning?

And what about parking? Is there plenty of it available?
    Not sure about morning, but rush hour starts around 2pm I think... from 2 to 6 it gets somewhat bad.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Plenty of parking, but traffic around the stadium is ridiculous. I would suggest taking the Marta or getting a cab from your hotel. You're going to spend about 20 bucks to park anyways.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Don't eat at the stadium, instead, save your money and eat at Mary Mac's Tea Room before or after

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    We went to Rays on the River for lunch on Sat and then pregamed at Six Feet Under off Memorial. I recommend both places very highly. Rays can be pretty expensive for dinner, but the food was amazing. We went for lunch and the prices weren't bad. Best shrimp and grits I've probably ever had.
    Last edited by Carp; 04-15-2015 at 09:17 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (04-13-2015)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i never understand the people that say it is horrible around the stadium to drive to and get out etc

are those the people that only park in the blue lot and take the routes to the stadium the braves suggest to take etc?

we usually come in from the south on 75 and get off one exit early and cut across the interstate to the lots or the west on 20 and take the exit where magic city is and cut through the hood there to the church lots we usually park at if we don't take an uber to the game. church lots are 5 to 10 bucks and it is just as easy leaving as it to get in.

the lots on the other side of the interstate on the west side are easy as **** to get in and out of and cheap to park at
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackwaterPark View Post
    Don't eat at the stadium, instead, save your money and eat at Mary Mac's Tea Room before or after
    could take to go food from there and eat it at the stadium if you want that
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    I noticed there was a Hyundai lot - we have a Santa Fe. Has anyone used this lot before and would it likely be full before we got there?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I noticed there was a Hyundai lot - we have a Santa Fe. Has anyone used this lot before and would it likely be full before we got there?
    I used to park in this lot frequently when it was the Lexus Lot, and then a few years later the Nalley Lot. It was never full and a great location, obviously.

Cost is the same as the Gold Lot ($15).

Best bet for parking: beg, borrow, or steal a SunTrust club seat and you get free valet parking. Curbside near the players entrance. It's life changing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Six Feet Under is a cool place to grab some grub before or after the game unless you are intent on tailgating.

Like others have said, the ballpark food is really nothing special including the hot dog (how can you screw up a ball park hot dog?).
    Ivermectin Man

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Drink as much as humanly possible. This will ensure that everyone in your section understands how witty, erudite and cultured you are and will give your eloquent heckling of the opposing team a certain joie de vivre that cannot be achieved while sober.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-13-2015), Prikichi (04-13-2015)

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    My wife and I took our three boys this past Saturday night. We've never had a problem getting to the game (coming from North of the stadium) but this year we decided to map it out and try to avoid 75/85 and potential delays. That was a mistake. We tried three different streets before finally finding one that wasn't block off by authorities...actually ended up coming in from the South when all was said and done.

Granted, we don't do it very often...roughly once a year. Just be aware that some of the routes may be blocked...and the "traffic cops" have no desire to help you get where you're going either.

Also....we parked in the Gold lot and the Hyundai lot was basically empty. We had 755 club as part of our tickets and a $10 voucher on each ticket for concessions as well. Like others have said....really nothing special as far as the food there. It was nice to be able to sit inside before the game and grab a bite, though. Especially with 3 kids.

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Also, security measures have been stepped up this yr quite a bit, which slows down foot traffic into the stadium a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Also, security measures have been stepped up this yr quite a bit, which slows down foot traffic into the stadium a bit.
    They don't want Melvin sneaking back in.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-13-2015), Carp (04-15-2015), Garmel (04-15-2015), NinersSBChamps (04-16-2015), Prikichi (04-15-2015)

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Thanks for all the help. Had a good time at the park, despite the outcome. I wasn't too impressed with the stadium itself and the amount of empty seats was disappointing, but to be expected with the product on the field. Definitely plan on visiting the new park in the future.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Thanks for all the help. Had a good time at the park, despite the outcome. I wasn't too impressed with the stadium itself and the amount of empty seats was disappointing, but to be expected with the product on the field. Definitely plan on visiting the new park in the future.
    Well it was a midday game and school is still in session.