Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Guy was a catch machine. Good mitts. Runs sharp routes. I think 4th is good value for him. I wanted Lockette, but he was way gone. Hardy showed well at Senior Bowl (a like using it as a good measuring stick for players just like him that played off the radar a bit).
    Im not 100% sure on his hands. He caught a ton of balls, but he had to lead college football in targets. They threw all of the time and the majority of the time it was to Hardy. Not that that's a bad thing, but catches can be misleading.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Seems everyone loves the Skins draft. http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/5/3/85...n-redskins-the

I agree with Kiper on the third round pick; that came out of nowhere. But, with the short mileage on RBs in the NFL, I would take one in the 3rd - 5th round range every other year or so. And Morris is at his peak this year age-wise (26). Jones reminds me of Marion Barber.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    You really are a proponent of signing some shady ass players to bolster on field performance.

I don't think that's all that made Gregory slide.
    Yup, I'm FOR taking risks on top-tier talent. Could be a huge steal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Aaron Lynch was a steal last year as well. So far in his first year he had no problems with attitude.

Hvae to roll the dice very now and again.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    So you couldn't care less what types of people are on the Cowboys, so long as you win games?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Aaron Lynch was a steal last year as well. So far in his first year he had no problems with attitude.

Or you could be Aldon Smith. or Greg Hardy. or Aaron Maybin. Or another dozens and dozens of poor character guys that have issues or are out of the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Or you could be Aldon Smith. or Greg Hardy. or Aaron Maybin. Or another dozens and dozens of poor character guys that have issues or are out of the league.
    NO question about it. But, top tier talent can make mistakes in the NFL and recover.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Gregory didn't fall because he smokes weed.

Gregory fell because he is bipolar and potentially has other mental health issues. I feel sorry for the other guy, but there are plenty of reasons why this guy is red flagged by everyone.

There was also the report that he missed meetings with three different teams.

If it was just weed then he would have been a first round pick like Shane Ray (a far inferior prospect).
    Again, I'm glad they're willing to take some risk. Getting a top-10 player at 60 is huge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    So you couldn't care less what types of people are on the Cowboys, so long as you win games?

Yeah, because Randy Gregory is a TERRIBLE person and doesn't deserve to be on a team.
    If I had a pre-draft interview with you and one with Gregory, I bet Gregory would be a better pick than your miserable whining ass.

Also that's not even what I said.
    Last edited by yeezus; 05-04-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Dez was a gamble and I'd say that's worked out pretty well so far.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Again, I'm glad they're willing to take some risk. Getting a top-10 player at 60 is huge.
    No doubt.

It will be a shame if he's a basket case that can't be on the field, or can't improve enough to be an impact player (he has on field issues too), considering the huge hole at running back the Cowboys have and the plethora of excellent backs that were available at that pick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    No doubt.

It will be a shame if he's a basket case that can't be on the field, or can't improve enough to be an impact player (he has on field issues too), considering the huge hole at running back the Cowboys have and the plethora of excellent backs that were available at that pick.
    Eh, I don't think they have a "huge" hole at RB. RBs are so fungible, McFadden on a good team + Randle (6.7 ypc) will be fine. Unknowns come in every year and perform. I'd much rather take the risk on a top-10 player at a premium position than a RB. Clearly so would the Cowboys.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I love the DGB pick for the Titans. Like Gregory and Ray, he comes with some baggage. But talent wise, he has more natural ability than probably any other WR in this draft. And we traded down gaining 2 more picks and still got our guy.

Finally an exciting time to be Titans fan again. Hope Wiz develops an offense that caters to Mariotta's strengths.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    DGB is going to be all or nothing. He had tons of off-the-field stuff, including domestic violence. He had good size and speed, but not strong at all. He basically struggled vs. press coverage, but was 6 inches taller than the corners so could haul it in. He didn't work hard at all at Mizzou and didn't take to coaching. Some NFL teams said they tried to test out his football knowledge and he was completely lost.

I guess he has the size and speed to be Randy Moss, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Seems everyone loves the Skins draft. http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/5/3/85...n-redskins-the

I agree with Kiper on the third round pick; that came out of nowhere. But, with the short mileage on RBs in the NFL, I would take one in the 3rd - 5th round range every other year or so. And Morris is at his peak this year age-wise (26). Jones reminds me of Marion Barber.
    If he is anywhere close to Marion Barber I'll be surprised. IMO thats a pie in the sky outlook. Never impressed with Jones especially with the other backs in this class. I would question his ability to stick on a roster honestly. Was a late round projection. I can live with the Sherff pick if he sticks at RT. If he is a guard in the NFL, it was way too early to select a guard in my opinion. Smith was impressive in college and he should play right away. I do like him a lot. Can rush the passer some, and plays good run D...Good size and tough.

I love the skins draft because they took Sherff (not that it was a wrong pick), and made us able to land Vic.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/5/...b-for-atlantas

Some draft grades from around the league^

Haven't seen McShay or Kiper weigh in yet. Saw rotoworld gave us a B+ and was VERY complimentary that this really gives him confidence that our FO is pointing us in the right direction.
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    If he is anywhere close to Marion Barber I'll be surprised. IMO thats a pie in the sky outlook. Never impressed with Jones especially with the other backs in this class. I would question his ability to stick on a roster honestly. Was a late round projection. I can live with the Sherff pick if he sticks at RT. If he is a guard in the NFL, it was way too early to select a guard in my opinion. Smith was impressive in college and he should play right away. I do like him a lot. Can rush the passer some, and plays good run D...Good size and tough.

I love the skins draft because they took Sherff (not that it was a wrong pick), and made us able to land Vic.
    Just that type of back. He's very good in pass protection and can catch the ball. Scot M. loves the guy....he loves size. (see Scherff and Smith) He was projected later only because he doesn't have break away speed. He's a chain mover like BGE or Barber. I think he will be an effective short yardage back at the very least.

I wanted Beasley, but after hearing Scot talk, I love the upside of Preston Smith. He larger than the other pass rushers in the draft and should be better vs. the run. He's quick for a guy his size and has fluidity in his hips to get around the edge.

If we took Beasley in the first, we wouldn't have had a great option for OL in the 2nd. So I'm happy with Scherff/Smith.

We are going to be a lot bigger football team, especially on the lines.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,294 Posts
    Eh, I don't think they have a "huge" hole at RB. RBs are so fungible, McFadden on a good team + Randle (6.7 ypc) will be fine. Unknowns come in every year and perform. I'd much rather take the risk on a top-10 player at a premium position than a RB. Clearly so would the Cowboys.
    It depends. I can absolutely foresee a scenario where he is 100% the steal of the draft. Only a fool would argue otherwise.

But this is a situation where it's difficult for any of us to say this was a good pick or not because no one knows or would even understand what his situation is.

I will give this to the Cowboys. They do have a recent history of having success with these type of players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It depends. I can absolutely foresee a scenario where he is 100% the steal of the draft. Only a fool would argue otherwise.

But this is a situation where it's difficult for any of us to say this was a good pick or not because no one knows or would even understand what his situation is.

I will give this to the Cowboys. They do have a recent history of having success with these type of players.
    Or he could be out of the league in year 4. This is a delicate time in the NFL to be onloading potential problems. This isn't the 80's.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Just that type of back. He's very good in pass protection and can catch the ball. Scot M. loves the guy....he loves size. (see Scherff and Smith) He was projected later only because he doesn't have break away speed. He's a chain mover like BGE or Barber. I think he will be an effective short yardage back at the very least.

I wanted Beasley, but after hearing Scot talk, I love the upside of Preston Smith. He larger than the other pass rushers in the draft and should be better vs. the run. He's quick for a guy his size and has fluidity in his hips to get around the edge.

If we took Beasley in the first, we wouldn't have had a great option for OL in the 2nd. So I'm happy with Scherff/Smith.

We are going to be a lot bigger football team, especially on the lines.
    OL\QB always go higher than initially thought. The talent is just so thin there usually. I guess the reason Id be ok with the Sherff pick is because of scarcity. If Sherff is a guard, then I'd be a grumble puss about that pick.

He wasn't just projected later because of his speed. He wasn't that good in college. He embarrassed UGA, but that's about it . Had a pretty solid Offensive line as well, but wasn't anything more than a chain mover. I guess that isn't something you guys have, but he likely could have been had in the 5th or 6th pretty easily.

It was a nice haul. Smith had a lot of late momentum leading up to the draft.
    Ivermectin Man