Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Lineup Construction

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Nah, Tron pops up too much for that to happen.
    When he's hitting in front of the pitcher, sure; but I'm confident that, given enough time in the two-hole and with the new hitting-coach, he can turn those pop-ups into hard grounders right at middle-infielders.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-16-2015), Julio3000 (01-16-2015), sturg33 (01-16-2015)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    When he's hitting in front of the pitcher, sure; but I'm confident that, given enough time in the two-hole and with the new hitting-coach, he can turn those pop-ups into hard grounders right at middle-infielders.
    Hopefully with enough time in the two-hole he can hit it hard right up the middle

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-16-2015), Julio3000 (01-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Geez this board is going to be cheery this year.
    Natural Immunity Croc

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

CrimsonCowboy (01-17-2015), Garmel (01-16-2015)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Who wouldn't be with BJ, CJ and Tron battling for cleanup and giving away 90 percent of our offense without adequately replacing them? You and some of the others here got what you wanted with all the high risk high reward TJ Express Train. So don't complain when we win 73 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Who wouldn't be with BJ, CJ and Tron battling for cleanup and giving away 90 percent of our offense without adequately replacing them? You and some of the others here got what you wanted with all the high risk high reward TJ Express Train. So don't complain when we win 73 games.
    I'm not concerned about the product as I was fully on board with a rebuild. I just think the chatter on this board is going to be difficult to deal with.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    I'm not concerned about the product as I was fully on board with a rebuild. I just think the chatter on this board is going to be difficult to deal with.
    Not as much as being last in offense. But we are guaranteed the WS in three years so whatever

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    We're going to be wallowing a bit next season, certainly—for good reason, I think; and I'd expect you to agree, given that you admit the product on the field, at least for 2015's purposes, will be sub-standard. I think the best thing to do is to try to have fun with it, derive as much humor as we can from our collective misery at the likely-miserable record Atlanta will sport, and all the while try not to let the crap on the diamond make our posts too crappy.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    more fun than watching Tommy LaStella getting in JHey's path to a blooper and watching JHey in disgust glare at Tommy La?

I'd have to see that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    RF- Markakis
    SS- Simmons
    1B- Freeman
    CF- Upton
    3B- Johnson
    2B- Callaspo
    LF- ???
    C- Bethancourt

http://gifb.in/47bV
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-16-2015 at 04:12 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    We're going to be wallowing a bit next season, certainly—for good reason, I think; and I'd expect you to agree, given that you admit the product on the field, at least for 2015's purposes, will be sub-standard. I think the best thing to do is to try to have fun with it, derive as much humor as we can from our collective misery at the likely-miserable record Atlanta will sport, and all the while try not to let the crap on the diamond make our posts too crappy.
    This.

Just bring the funny. It'll be ok.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (01-16-2015), jpx7 (01-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    We should really be rooting for the #1 draft pick so losing is really winning. Braves probably **** it up and win 80 games.

It’s over."

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (01-16-2015), bravesnumberone (01-16-2015), Dalyn (01-16-2015), jpx7 (01-16-2015)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I'm just sad Heyward is gone. He was always so fun to watch. There is nothing exciting on this current team.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-16-2015), jpx7 (01-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    We should really be rooting for the #1 draft pick so losing is really winning. Braves probably **** it up and win 80 games.
    The way I see it is if we gotta lose, then let those we want to trade do great and everyone else can stink it up for this year as that will improve our draft pick. For example, we need CJ and BJ to improve enough to be moved one way or another. Plus Minor needs a good year to sell high on him rather than sell low. A good season from Grilli and Johnson would help trading them at the deadline so that would be nice too.

We also need as many of our prospect pitching lottery tickets to stay healthy and do well.
    Last edited by Braves1976; 01-16-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm just sad Heyward is gone. He was always so fun to watch. There is nothing exciting on this current team.
    100 MPH fastballs are exciting. There's a good chance we sit at least 1 no hitter too. Peraza could be exciting when he graduates.

It’s over."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Actually things around here will improve drastically once Pitchers and Catchers report since the bitch-and-moan crowd will all be...

1.) working late
    2.) on the golf course
    3.) coaching little league baseball
    4.) on the lake
    5.) traveling in Europe
    6.) making great progress on that "honey do" list that's been growing longer during the warm months
    7.) volunteering for various charitable organizations.

You know, all those wonderful fun and commendable things they had in mind when the swore they "weren't going to watch this team when they traded Heyward...um, err, ummm, well if they trade Heyward and Upton for THAT pile of crap...um, er, umm since there's nothing worth wasting my time on if they trade Heyward, Upton, AND Gattis".

Just you wait - as soon as the players report to camp this place will be one of the calmest, quietest, friendliest places on earth because the bitchy/whiny crowd sure as hell won't be paying attention to anything that has to do with the organization a month from now.

BTW - how about stickying this and a couple of the other threads so it'll be easier to reference all the bellyaching when that crowd shows up in game threads or other discussions?
    Last edited by clvclv; 01-16-2015 at 04:27 PM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    The way I see it is if we gotta lose, then let those we want to trade do great and everyone else can stink it up for this year as that will improve our draft pick. For example, we need CJ and BJ to improve enough to be moved one way or another. Plus Minor needs a good year to sell high on him rather than sell low. A good season from Grilli and Johnson would help trading them at the deadline so that would be help too.

We also need just as importantly many of our prospect pitching lottery tickets to stay healthy and do well.
    Whatever happens I know fans will way over react to how we start. We could start 3-0 and we could get some "Francoeur doesn't need to learn to take a walk" level delusion or we could start 0-1 which of course means we will never win another game ever.

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Actually things around here will improve drastically once Pitchers and Catchers report since the bitch-and-moan crowd will all be...

1.) working late
    2.) on the golf course
    3.) coaching little league baseball
    4.) on the lake
    5.) traveling in Europe
    6.) making great progress on that "honey do" list that's been growing longer during the warm months
    7.) volunteering for various charitable organizations.

You know, all those wonderful fun and commendable things they had in mind when the swore they "weren't going to watch this team when they traded Heyward...um, err, ummm, well if they trade Heyward and Upton for THAT pile of crap...um, er, umm since there's nothing worth wasting my time on if they trade Heyward, Upton, AND Gattis".

Just you wait - as soon as the players report to camp this place will be one of the calmest, quietest, friendliest places on earth because the bitchy/whiny crowd sure as hell won't be paying attention to anything that has to do with the organization a month from now.
    It's so odd to me to see several poster gleeful that we gutted our YOUNG, GOOD talented players.

It's not like we are the Phillies and just dumped Ryan Howard. We made our team SIGNIFICANTLY worse, by trading away young, good, popular players. Everyone understands why this happened, but it seems really odd to me how many people are thrilled about it.

And really - what we got in return for the good players cannot be considered anything better than risky
    Last edited by sturg33; 01-16-2015 at 04:31 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-16-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Simba -- still have the most exciting player in MLB

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    It's so odd to me to see several poster gleeful that we gutted our YOUNG, GOOD talented players.

It's not like we are the Phillies and just dumped Ryan Howard. We made our team SIGNIFICANTLY worse, by trading away young, good, popular players. Everyone understands why this happened, but it seems really odd to me how many people are thrilled about it.

I'm just thrilled that quite a few people won't be around here any more since they've had all they're going to take and they're definitely not going to watch.

Not that you're one of them at all.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post

Just bring the funny.
    Dammit. I'm out.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

Hawk (01-16-2015)