Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4300

Thread: 2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    lol at cucks and ****libs snarking at this. playing right into the trumpinator's hands

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think everybody's grasping to understand it at this point, and there are anecdotal bits and pieces here and there, but the whole eludes us.

As for the mirror, sure. Always. Not just now.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Nevada winners and losers:

Winner:
    Donald Trump: Stating the obvious here

Losers:
    Ted Cruz: Not a great time for him. Questions are increasing about his candidacy and finished third in Nevada. Could Super Tuesday be his final stand?
    Dr. Ben Carson: His optimism about this race is simply grasping at straws. Super Tuesday should finish his candidacy.
    John Kasich: Finished dead last. So much for that New Hampshire momentum.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    This is why Trump is winning.. No, not because his supporters are poorly educated. But because he says "“We won the evangelicals,We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated.”

The media and his detractors only hear "I love the poorly educated"... And you will repeat this thousands of times, the media will report it thousands of times.

But what about you? Do you hate the uneducated? Because Trump says he loves them and you're making fun of him for it.
    So with all the whining about things of zero substance you make him stronger. Stick with policy positions or Trump will eat you alive. Because you can spin anything and no one can spin like Trump

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-25-2016), chop2chip (02-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So Rubio is neither a winner nor a loser?

Winner: Everyone and their family pet is endorsing him.

Loser: His claim to fame is now that he's the guy that people choose because nobody wants that other guy to be the guy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (02-24-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This is why Trump is winning.. No, not because his supporters are poorly educated. But because he says "“We won the evangelicals,We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated.”

The media and his detractors only hear "I love the poorly educated"... And you will repeat this thousands of times, the media will report it thousands of times.

But what about you? Do you hate the uneducated? Because Trump says he loves them and you're making fun of him for it.
    So with all the whining about things of zero substance you make him stronger. Stick with policy positions or Trump will eat you alive. Because you can spin anything and no one can spin like Trump
    ^^dude has a point^^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-25-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    My question for Marco Rubio would be this: When do you start to go after Donald Trump? Time is running out. Super Tuesday is next week. Is it time to take the glove off now and hit Trump?

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    My question for Marco Rubio would be this: When do you start to go after Donald Trump? Time is running out. Super Tuesday is next week. Is it time to take the glove off now and hit Trump?
    Let's dispel with this fiction that Rubio doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to keithlaw For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (02-25-2016)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Interesting piece in The New Republic on Cruz and the evangelical vote: https://newrepublic.com/article/1304...angelical-vote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keithlaw View Post
    Let's dispel with this fiction that Rubio doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.
    I think that Rubio has made a good long-term strategic move by largely keeping his campaign positive. He's had to take some shots at Cruz, and defend himself from Bush's (weak) attacks, but he's stayed focused and disciplined (ok, perhaps too "disciplined," at times). He's stayed out of pissing matches with Trump, and I don't think that's a coincidence. Within the week he's going to have 95% of the Republican machine doing the work for him.

His people have run, IMO, a smart campaign. The negative take on it is that he's the man only by default, but I think you have to give him some credit for being in that position. He'll stay positive, and his surrogates, the conservative media and dark money will do the dirty work for him. He may not win, but he's the only one out of the whole crowd who is in a position to do so.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-25-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I'm not sure that "going after Trump" is a good strategy to beat him. Trump's already proven he can out-insult anyone and always seems to come out on top in the verbal tit-for-tats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    More evidence, this time from my home state, that the Cruz campaign is falling apart.

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...labama-events/

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I think that Rubio has made a good long-term strategic move by largely keeping his campaign positive. He's had to take some shots at Cruz, and defend himself from Bush's (weak) attacks, but he's stayed focused and disciplined (ok, perhaps too "disciplined," at times). He's stayed out of pissing matches with Trump, and I don't think that's a coincidence. Within the week he's going to have 95% of the Republican machine doing the work for him.

His people have run, IMO, a smart campaign. The negative take on it is that he's the man only by default, but I think you have to give him some credit for being in that position. He'll stay positive, and his surrogates, the conservative media and dark money will do the dirty work for him. He may not win, but he's the only one out of the whole crowd who is in a position to do so.
    But I do think Christie revealed Rubio's weakness in the debate where Christie kept pushing him and Rubio went back to the same stock answers after every attack. He looks too managed and inauthentic and Trump is going hit on that as the campaign continues. Trump's line will probably be "Marco just says things that his polling and his high buck supporters tell him to say." I think Trump will reference the neocons that are supporting Rubio on his foreign policy and that won't help either. From the beginning, I thought Rubio was likely the strongest candidate in the Republican field, but he really hasn't shown himself ready for the big stage. He's young, so unlike a few of the other R candidates, this wouldn't be the end for him if he doesn't get the nomination.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    What's interesting is if Trump gets the non it will be an all New Yorker Election. Trump, Bloomberg, Hillary, Bernie.
    Forever Fredi

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    What's interesting is if Trump gets the non it will be an all New Yorker Election. Trump, Bloomberg, Hillary, Bernie.
    Finally, a Yankees-Mets World Series.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (02-25-2016), The Chosen One (02-25-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    But I do think Christie revealed Rubio's weakness in the debate where Christie kept pushing him and Rubio went back to the same stock answers after every attack. He looks too managed and inauthentic and Trump is going hit on that as the campaign continues. Trump's line will probably be "Marco just says things that his polling and his high buck supporters tell him to say." I think Trump will reference the neocons that are supporting Rubio on his foreign policy and that won't help either. From the beginning, I thought Rubio was likely the strongest candidate in the Republican field, but he really hasn't shown himself ready for the big stage. He's young, so unlike a few of the other R candidates, this wouldn't be the end for him if he doesn't get the nomination.
    I think he certainly did, and I still think Christie's take on Rubio in that interview I referenced around that time is the best one. "I like Marco, but he's been giving the same speech since 2009." It was concise and pithy and nailed that weakness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I have friends that have known and worked with Rubio since he first came to the Florida Legislature. Their response to his POTUS candidacy has been an eye roll. Jeb first noted his lack of accomplishment at any level , he has gotten where he is in the words of Arthur Miller on a haircut and a shoe shine.

Say what you will about Trump,Cruz, Carson, Kaisch. Hey not only have a resume but a record to go with that resume

At this level you get found out, I find it cynical that establishment (R) are so willongly quick to abandon their constituancy, no matter how uneducated.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I'm no fan of Rubio... but what accomplishments did Senator Obama have before winning the Presidency?

A gift politician is much more accomplished than a great resume

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (02-25-2016)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm no fan of Rubio... but what accomplishments did Senator Obama have before winning the Presidency?

A gift politician is much more accomplished than a great resume
    Was named most liberal senator by the National Journal in his final year. I guess some would call that an accomplishment. I think he was a community organizer, too.